Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 16:36   #76
BHPian

Re: Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Wow.... The front end kinda resembles the bland front end of a Figo.
IMO Figo's front is too simple. Some might call it dated, but i like its simple lines and balanced amount of cuts and creases.

The new i20's front has too many confusing cuts and bends. The i10 inspired headlight doesn't gel well with the wider bodied i20. The flow of front grill and the Hyundai logo in the middle gives it a BUNNY kind of a face.

These observations are based on pictures, the car may look better in flesh!

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 29th March 2012 at 16:40.
Old 29th March 2012, 17:36   #77
BHPian

Hyundai India's parent site(Hyundai.co.in) doesn't shows the newly launched iGen i20.
Nor it's featured even in the Press Releases section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
To add to my earlier comment, the e-brochure on their website .....
From where do you got the e-brochure for New i20 ??
Please share the link if you'tr having it.
Old 29th March 2012, 17:57   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post

The AC issue was only reported with the Petrol i20's AFAIK. Have been using the i20 diesel 6 speed for over 18 months now. Haven't had an issue with the AC as yet. Yeah, its a bit slow to cool if the cabin gets heated up when you park in direct sunlight. But, Auto at 20 degress and with circulation on, It does its job really well
I beg to differ. My friend bought a diesel i20 in Oct 2009. While taking the brand new car for a spin, my daughter, seated at the rear, complained that the AC did not seem to be working.

I was surprised because I was seated in the front. It was only later that I realized that a weak AC is a generic problem with all i20s.

I am not aware of improvement in AC in later models.
Old 29th March 2012, 20:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post

From where do you got the e-brochure for New i20 ??
Please share the link if you'tr having it.
This is the link to their website. Once it opens, scroll down and click on ebrochure and open it. It's a PDF.

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/showroo...313131438.html
Old 29th March 2012, 20:50   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
This is the link to their website. Once it opens, scroll down and click on ebrochure and open it. It's a PDF.

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/showroo...313131438.html
Is it only me, or why is it the brochure of the pre- FL? The price list also has not been updated.
Old 29th March 2012, 20:57   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I beg to differ. My friend bought a diesel i20 in Oct 2009. While taking the brand new car for a spin, my daughter, seated at the rear, complained that the AC did not seem to be working.

I was surprised because I was seated in the front. It was only later that I realized that a weak AC is a generic problem with all i20s.

I am not aware of improvement in AC in later models.
We purchased our petrol Asta i 20 (1.2) in May 2012. The AC takes a long time to cool if parked in the sun, the problem was alleviated when I went for decent sunflim and a film for the front windshield. I have also driven 2009 model i20s (the ones with black centre consoles) and somehow I think the AC is even worse on those.

The Car is with by my bro in Kochi and he is getting outstanding mileage of 13-14 with AC in that traffic. When it was in Trivandrum with me I was only getting 10 max . My petrol Swift is only giving me 9kpl (with AC), may be its my driving style
Old 29th March 2012, 21:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Wow.... hardly anyone thinks the 'facelift's' for the better. In my opinion it's too bland. In a segment that's rife with competition, they should have made the i20 stand out even more but instead they've toned it down. The front end kinda resembles the bland front end of a Figo.
After reading all the posts that you had quoted, I expected your view to be different, but God save Hyundai's new i20
IMHO, the front of the Ford Figo is much more aggressive than this confused looking i20. But the other parts of the exterior and the interiors are a different story altogether though!
Old 29th March 2012, 21:40   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Is it only me, or why is it the brochure of the pre- FL? The price list also has not been updated.
Oops! As the Americans would say - 'my bad'! You are right. I assumed it was the new one. Sorry friends!
Old 29th March 2012, 21:53   #84

The car is now more in line with the "Fluidic Family" look that Hyundai has adopted recently. Hope that the Aircon and steering rattle issues have been addressed. However, since this seems to be just a cosmetic upgrade, I presume that the boat like handling charecteristics would remain.
Old 29th March 2012, 22:18   #85
BHPian

Even I have had similar experience with my i20 in terms of Air con & rattles, after multiple complaints, folks at the service centre fixed AC to quite an extent. It isn't an absolute chiller now but better than earlier. When asked, they said AC cleaning helped which I am pretty skeptical about. I am putting up with dashboard rattles as it seems like a never ending issue.
Old 29th March 2012, 22:19   #86
Senior - BHPian

One has to give it to hyundai for loading the car with a long feature list. Reversing camera with display on the IRVM, heated ORVM's, automatic headlamp's, etc are welcome addition. I'm not a big fan of the new exterior design and liked the old one (the first version without the chrome lip in the front grill) much better. Hyundai could have retained the exterior and had still provided these features, it would have been a welcome move.

I also liked they changed the interior brown shade to a greyish one. Brown shade was very cheesy IMO and spoilt the ambience of the cabin. Providing ABS, rear disc brakes and driver airbag in the magna version is a very welcome move. How does the magna diesel stack up against swift ZDI in terms of price?

A/C and steering issues could be dealbreakers though. It would be interesting to wait and watch if these issues have been addressed.
Old 29th March 2012, 23:00   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I also liked they changed the interior brown shade to a greyish one. Brown shade was very cheesy IMO and spoilt the ambience of the cabin.
Cheesy! Earlier, I thought so too, but it isn't that bad. Somehow the silver finish to the center fascia tones all that done, and in the daily runs it doesn't even make its presence felt. Also if you refer the numbers this hatch was selling I'm sure you'll forget cheese and think more of hot cakes or chocolate brown-ies!

In the new variant with more use of black in the audio unit and center console, it was imperative to change the dashboard shade to a lighter tone.
Old 29th March 2012, 23:15   #88
BHPian

Currently I'm having New Dzire ZDi booked & is expected to be delivered soon maybe within Next week.
& It's already a converted booking of New Swift ZDi.

So, how many of you think that it's advisable to wait for New iGen i20 to arrive !
I'm intending to have a look at it before signing the cheque for New Dzire, thanks to the Improvised Shortcomings & added features in i20.

I'm considering New i20 CRDi Sportz against New Dzire
What's your take ??
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 00:45   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Currently I'm having New Dzire ZDi booked & is expected to be delivered soon maybe within next week.

So, how many of you think that it's advisable to wait for New iGen i20 to arrive ? I'm intending to have a look at it before signing the cheque for New Dzire, thanks to the Improvised Shortcomings & added features in i20.

I'm now considering New i20 CRDi Sportz against New Dzire
What's your take ??
IMO New iGen i20 is a better choice in terms of features but if you want a sedan with a slightly bigger boot then no doubt New Dzire is the best choice from the house of Maruti with in this budget. In case you picking an i20, please be sure they addressed AC & rattle issues unless you want to put up with this for life.
Old 30th March 2012, 09:27   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, how many of you think that it's advisable to wait for New iGen i20 to arrive !
I'm intending to have a look at it before signing the cheque for New Dzire, thanks to the Improvised Shortcomings & added features in i20.

I'm considering New i20 CRDi Sportz against New Dzire
What's your take ??
Two words for you : "TEST DRIVE". Take a test drive of the new i20 when its launched and check the AC and rattling issues (while driving on really bad roads). Features to features, i20 zooms ahead.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks