Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2012, 20:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Does Figo still carry the VFM tag among the Diesel cars?

I think you are not seriously considering the Micra which is IMNSHO a truly NICE car, all around. Why don't you check up that other thread for a correct comparison:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...khs-range.html

The kit on the Micra XV is way better than the Swift VDi

/am a swift VDI owner
Old 5th May 2012, 20:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have sat and driven a Figo, the interiors are certainly not up to the mark. Plastic quality is bad and the silver painted parts of the interiors don't help either. I certainly don't expect such interiors when spending almost Rs 7 L.

If one can live with it, I think the car is pretty well loaded with features. Vids post pretty much nails it explaining the extra features it has over the other cars listed in the comparision.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 20:41   #18
Mik
BHPian

My bro-in-law is diesel hatch shopping and we were mighty impressed with the Micra XV Diesel. Immensely driveable, rattle free and zero turbo lag. The boot space is decent and so is the legroom. Checked up the micra Diesel threads on team-bhp and it seems that the cost of ownership is not too much. The only negative i saw was the lack of ABS and suspect brakes(takes time getting used to) They have an offer running for free insurance in NCR. Not sure if its an India wide offer.
Ofcourse, the Figo ticks most of the right boxes. The only downers i could see was the low GC (we scraped a speed breaker which i would never break sweat with on my Estilo), ordinary dash and no rear power windows(the manual ones stick out like eye sores)
By the way, if you are concerned over spares pricing, you could ask the Ford salesman for the spareparts+accident repairs comparison with swift and indica Vista -- Its in pdf format.
If you need it, let me know (4mb in size - cannot attach here)
Old 5th May 2012, 20:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post

Ford Figo Duratorq Diesel Titanium 1.4 - 6,92,927

So can someone tell me if Figo does really carry VFM tag anymore
Figo TIT Diesel is INR 7,07,484.00 on the Chennai road

I was in the same boat as you. In the present scenario nothing comes close to the figo in the given price band. And it is a real delight to drive,

With the right kind of air pressure, I don't think you'll scrap any speed breakers.
Old 5th May 2012, 21:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Guys, thanks a lot for chipping in with the information.

Like I said before, even I am caught up with Figo but my only concern as such was the Ford has been increasing the pricing of the car very gradually. I was concerned to think if it is no longer VFM. In fact I have also driven Figo before and have loved it.

Here is my point, if I had made this price list some 7 months before this list would have brought Figo as a doubtless leader both in price and features.
But now owing to price rises, the only area they are competing is in features not in price.

That was the reason I was thinking if it might change by the time I buy the car during Diwali. There's got to be a price point, when it would no longer be VFM. I am scared it might hit that price point by the year end.
Old 5th May 2012, 21:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

As far as value for money is concerned I think the VISTA Refresh offers much more than the FIGO does.
Recently had the opportunity to drive one and i feel its the underdog of the diesel hatch segment.
More than adequate performance, strong brakes, good NVH supression, acres of space inside, good overall refinement, very good ride, good GC, top variants fully loaded. Interior fit and finish not too bad at all (if you consider the Figo's cheap, hard plastics, the Vista almost feels plush). Fabulous offers from the dealer too.

Negatives i found are a bit more body roll than the competition and not as "pointy & flickable" when you hustle the Tata through a set of corners - but then in the regular grind of daily commute , how many tail slides will you indulge in? Iffy plastic quality in some areas is not as cataclysmic as people discuss it to be !

overall the Vista has a lot going for it. It's just that the Tata brand does not have the snob appeal of the Suzuki's, Toyota's, VW's, FORD's i guess - the main reason behind the Vista being a slow seller . And no - I am not a Vista owner (in fact not even a diesel hatch owner) - just thought of sharing my views

Last edited by arjab : 5th May 2012 at 21:23. Reason: points added
Old 5th May 2012, 22:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I stopped believing that Figo is VFM long back. When my friend bought Figo TDCI Titanium in June'2010 it costed him 6.06 OTR in Chennai. Now its close to 7L which is insane pricing for a Figo. Swift/Ritz/Punto is any day a better bet than Figo.

Remember that GP 1.3 Emotion costs Rs. 7.5L OTR in Chennai after the discounts which has got hell lot of features than Figo and of course with much much superior Engine.
The Figo is way easier to drive in the city (where most of the hatches spend their time) than any of the above mentioned cars. I don't see how the TDCi is inferior to the multijet.
Old 5th May 2012, 23:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Hi Ramesh, GP Emotion costs 7.8L OTR, Chennai (After discounts). Post-budget price.
Last week, a friend of mine got a quote of Rs. 7.41 OTR for Punto 1.3 Dynamic in Chennai. After discounts, he was offered for 7L. Going by this quote, I am damn sure that Punto 1.3 Emotion will not be more than 7.5 to 7.6 OTR in Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
The Figo is way easier to drive in the city (where most of the hatches spend their time) than any of the above mentioned cars. I don't see how the TDCi is inferior to the multijet.
Agree that Figo is easy to drive in City. I have driven it extensively. For me, Punto is much more easier to drive in City with very minimal gear shifts. Of course, technically Multijet is much superior than the 8 Valve per cylinder 68 PS SOHC TDCI engine.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 23:29   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Member Sameer and myself recently went on to check out the Ritz and the figo with the sole intention of trying to figure out the best diesel hatch to buy in the market. I was rooting for Ritz all he way until I sat in the Figo. By the end of the TD and pricing discussion I was just left wondering the reason why anyone would choose the Ritz over the Figo except may for the slightly costlier service compared to MSIL.

Don't get confusd and go with the Figo. It adds a lot of equipment in the Titanium and IMO is still the number one hatch when it comes to VFM and pleasure to drive.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 23:57   #25
AWD
BHPian

Just some time back I booked a Swift Vdi, it would have cost me ~6L ex-showroom. Then heard of poor brakes on Swift, as the vehicle arrived for delivery, I changed my mind towards Zdi. Now the Company is taking its own sweet time before confirming me Zdi. In the meantime Im seriously considering paying a little more & going in for a proper sedan like Sunny or Rapid.

Swift Zdi to me looks terribly overpriced. Blame the mad rush of consumers lining up for it...!
Old 5th May 2012, 23:59   #26
BHPian

Has anyone considered the Beat Diesel?? Yes, I know I own a Beat Petrol and am biased towards the Beat in general but even then. I have driven the diesel and its a great city car which performs well enough on the highway.
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 00:16   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Last week, a friend of mine got a quote of Rs. 7.41 OTR for Punto 1.3 Dynamic in Chennai. After discounts, he was offered for 7L. Going by this quote, I am damn sure that Punto 1.3 Emotion will not be more than 7.5 to 7.6 OTR in Chennai.

Agree that Figo is easy to drive in City. I have driven it extensively. For me, Punto is much more easier to drive in City with very minimal gear shifts. Of course, technically Multijet is much superior than the 8 Valve per cylinder 68 PS SOHC TDCI engine.
+1. The Punto is a better option than a Figo. Figo's only plus is the turbo spools much earlier and makes it easier to drive in the City but the Car suffers on the Highway and runs out of breath. It requires frequent gear shifts and overtaking maneuvers requires a lot of planning. Compared to that my Palio SDX with the 75bhp Multijet engine is a breeze on the highways.

I had a tough time with my friend's Fiesta Tdci climbing the Kalhatti Ghats couple of weeks back. Had to use the 1st gear most of the time. My Palio does it in 2nd gear with ease
lloydofcochin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 00:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:

Keeping technicality aside,
When it comes to driveability, Figo tdci drives like a petrol with response coming from as low as 1000-1100 rpm. Multijet no matter in which state of tune has lag and needs to worked around below 1700 rpm.
Even on highway figo is decently powerful and Punto 75 is no road burner either.
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 00:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

When every other car being mentioned here is hitting the 7-7.5lac mark, the price alone doesn't really count. As in the first few posts, the feature list definitely matters.
Then again, if a car is just a long list of hi-tech features, why would anyone go subjective with things such as driving pleasure, space, reliability etc?

Swift still outsells every other car inspite of not offering the features most others offer. Nothing really handles like a Figo out there. I can vouch that the Figo inspires so much confidence in the driver. I particularly like the Polo for its build quality and looks. Toyota has made a name by building reliable cars. See?

The only point i'm making is that there is no car out there that gives you everything a car should be! Its absolutely about what "you" want out of a car.

Figo for me is VFM, even if it didn't offer that BT connectivity or that tacky red backlit console. Simply cause it is such a pleasure to drive. I'm just throwing a different perspective to the question! It possibly isn't just about the hardware that you get per Rupee. Its so much about how you feel!
Nilesh5417 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 01:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

A car that doesn't offer rear power windows even as an option for the asking price is no VFM. These are necessities and not optional! Shame on Ford even the Eon has this feature as standard.

Having driven the MJD swift extensively I agree about the initial turbo lag but after taking the Figo for a spin I wondered what the fuss is all about! Given the fact that its got less turbo lag there's nothing really exciting about the engine. Brash, noisy and sluggish, yes sluggish and I spent some time trying to find the fun to drive factor that people raved about. To me it was a boring car to drive and for low end drivability I will take the micra over this.

Also remember that Figo is a previous gen Fiesta from Europe. So its dated even before you buy it. I've successfully driven 3 of my misinformed relatives from wasting their money on the Figo.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks