Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2013, 16:33   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Overall its pretty plain-jane and the pricing is not what one would call tempting. But there are some angles from which this car looks a bit interesting - i took a screenshot of one of these angles from ACI's reviews which i am attaching below. It certain caught my eye at this angle.
Is the rear left door not properly shut in the picture you have posted? Or is it the panel gap?
Old 5th June 2013, 16:37   #137
BHPian

Re: Initial launch report of the Verito Vibe; Detailed reportage to follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Link to News Section
The Verito Vibe gets a 330 liters boot, which is higher than the Swift's 280 liters but significantly lower than the Amaze's 400 liters.
Please correct me if i am wrong, Isn't it Swift boot is just above 200 litres, somewhere around 210 litres?
Old 5th June 2013, 16:39   #138
BHPian

M&M has perfected the art of producing ugly best-sellers. Scorpio (rear of which look like the rear of a garage) being a good example. This is one more to the stable. And I dont want to begin on the "boot"-hole.

But why anyone would buy Vibe over a Verito, is beyond me.

Last edited by WindRide : 5th June 2013 at 16:44.
Old 5th June 2013, 16:39   #139
Senior - BHPian

This is not a hatchback, and it is not a sedan. Neither a conventional boot nor a proper hatch. We lose the practicality of a proper hatch, and then there isn't much boot space! To top it off, the gooseneck hinges will interfere with whatever luggage you did manage to put into the ... err ... backside.

This is downright weird. Loading luggage into this car will feel like posting parcels into a letterbox. What's the point? I just don't get it.

Sorry M&M, you really have not thought this through. Was anyone in your organisation thinking?
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 16:46   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Till now I was thinking this is a notch back with the glass opening up as well. This is outright idiotic to have a small rectangular hole as the boot. What were Mahindra thinking?

I change my mind about this car looking at the way the boot opens.
Fully agree with you. The boot lid is terrible and accessing luggage from that small hole is even worse. from one photo, you would need a torch to even see your luggage, let alone access them. the space under the driver's seat of my i10 is brighter and more visible than the Vibe's boot. it would have made more sense to have closed the boot door permanently (like the Nano) and made the luggage space accessible thought the rear seat.

Despite the odds, I had hopes for the Vibe, but as some else pointed out, the Verito makes more sense, especially with the Vibe's unacceptable price.

In short, there is no "vibe" between me and this wierd contraption and it has failed my S-P-E-R-M test!

Last edited by misquitas : 5th June 2013 at 16:48.
Old 5th June 2013, 16:50   #141
BHPian

The Vibe's Stephny is not in the boot but under the boot and between the wheels which I suppose is the reason for the 300 odd liters of boot space. However with the boot lid opening only halfways (without the rear windshield) not sure how practical it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Please correct me if i am wrong, Isn't it Swift boot is just above 200 litres, somewhere around 210 litres?
I thought it was 192 liters
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 16:59   #142
Senior - BHPian

Bit strange to see the variants priced so close to each other. M&M should have priced the D2 bit aggressively

D2 Rs 5.63 Lakh
D4 Rs 5.89 Lakh
D6 Rs 6.49 Lakh

And even the top end D6 comes up with only dirver side Airbag.

Ya Right !!! M&M is pretty sure that chicks are not going to dig at a man driving this. So all he needs is a single driverside airbag to go hit a tree.
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 17:28   #143
Senior - BHPian

I just don't understand how this thing passed the feasibility review, then the management review and then the design review. Have they lost their mind. It's no brainer that the design looks ugly.
Old 5th June 2013, 18:00   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
The Vibe's Stephny is not in the boot but under the boot and between the wheels which I suppose is the reason for the 300 odd liters of boot space. However with the boot lid opening only halfways (without the rear windshield) not sure how practical it would be.

I thought it was 192 liters
Yes you are correct Centaur. I remember its just few liters more than the Beat. Sorry to go out of topic, among the maruti cars, I think only Dzire has better boot without considering the seats to be made 60:40 or so. Even Ritz is on par with i10 and nothing extraordinary.
Old 5th June 2013, 18:06   #145
BHPian

Looks like Fiat Palio clone.

Back view
Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-merge0.jpg

Side/Front profile
Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-merge1.jpg

Image courtesy: Images in OP, link1, link2
Old 5th June 2013, 18:13   #146
Senior - BHPian

I am not entirely sure. If you look at the video at some points you notice the gap to be far less than what my screenshot indicates but at some points to be as much - so not sure. There could be a possibility that the door is not entirely closed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Is the rear left door not properly shut in the picture you have posted? Or is it the panel gap?
Old 5th June 2013, 18:54   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra To Launch Another Verito Based Vehicle In 2014 - Station wagon or Crossover version of Vibe?

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/mahind...hicle-in-2014/

Note from Support - Here's our Launch Report for the Vibe, please continue the discussion here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-49-lakhs.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th June 2013 at 20:17.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks