Old 11th April 2013, 08:34   #16
BHPian

re: Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Latest update in economic times today
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/19485329.cms

Extracts:
1. Mahindra & Mahindra will launch a hatchback on the Verito platform next month (May 2013).
2. The new car, the Vibe, will be priced competitively with the diesel version at around `6 lakh.
3. The Verito Vibe will sport the same 1.5-litre Renault diesel engine that powers Verito and will be less than four metres in length to attract lower excise duty of 12%
That is truly good news. Judging by previous products from Mahindra, it should be a VFM buy. This will introduce them in a new segment in the market and I really hope that they do ramp up their after sales area so as to be able to handle the kind of leverage a competitive hatch (diesel!!) offers a manufacturer. Judging predominantly by the points mentioned above, I believe it should be a direct competitor for the likes of i20, Polo, Punto. The 1.5 dCi should be a real boon with its outstanding FE, which is one major factor buyers are looking for in this segment.
Old 11th April 2013, 14:07   #17
BHPian

If they want it to be a real blockbuster, they should bring it with the 1.5l mCR100 engine, i.e., an engine which is powerful, torquey, fuel efficient, and reasonably refined when compared with other 3-cyl competition (Polo / Fabia).

That way, we get a more powerful car and M&M save on royalties that they pay to Renault for the engine. Win Win situation for everyone (apart from Renault of course, who cares about them anyways ).

Pricing wise, it would be wise on the part of M&M if they can undercut the Ford Figo (if they are using the 65 bhp 1.5 DCi). The Logan is supposed to be a low cost car platform, no need to price it sky high. In fact, before the tax for 4m+ cars was hiked, Logan was priced almost alongside the Swift hatch. There is no reason why it shouldn't undercut its old positioning with material and extra duty now removed.
Old 12th April 2013, 17:42   #18
BHPian

I saw this spy shot elsewhere on the autoevolutions website:

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-indiasmahindraworkingondacialoganhatchbackthatsnotasandero542477.jpg

Source: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/in...ero-54247.html

Does not look good IMHO! If they had to create a hatchback they would have been better served going the Sandero way. But I guess Renault is not going to let Mahindra touch that.

Last edited by Strangerintown : 12th April 2013 at 17:52.
Old 12th April 2013, 21:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

There are some pics populating on the internet. Looks pretty old school hatch backs, but it is going to be a super spacious hatch !!

Question ? So is the sub 4m verito going to be this ? or are we going to have another Verito CS sedan as well ?

Pic courtesy: Respective owners via google images.

Old 12th April 2013, 23:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Latest update in economic times today
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/19485329.cms

Extracts:
1. Mahindra & Mahindra will launch a hatchback on the Verito platform next month (May 2013).
2. The new car, the Vibe, will be priced competitively with the diesel version at around `6 lakh.
3. The Verito Vibe will sport the same 1.5-litre Renault diesel engine that powers Verito and will be less than four metres in length to attract lower excise duty of 12%
So they are moving away from their fixation for ending names with 'o'!!!!
Old 13th April 2013, 09:52   #21
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Post #19 Verito Hatch does look good, if it indeed comes out like this.

They do need to improve the interiors a bit more. I would be even more spacious than the Indica, Liva and the Sail Hatch which are currently the leading options in the high space sedan segment. Coupled with a low kmpl diesel engine it can make for great value and trouble the others in this segment.

The look tough is a bit notchy like from the 90's but yet seems modern, we have got to follow how the world sees it.
Old 13th April 2013, 14:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hideous Design.

I sincerely hope that M&M does not dish out this to we unassuming people.

From the looks of it, would certainly feature in the Whacky Mod Thread!!
Old 13th April 2013, 16:50   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Spy Pics of the interior shots of the Vibe surface out;

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-mahindraveritovibeinteriors1.jpg

Source : http://motoroids.com/news/mahindra-v...riors-spotted/
Old 13th April 2013, 17:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Definitely, there is a market out there for the Vibe as in-car space would not be at a premium but in abundance.
In sync with the naming strategy of M&M it could probably be named VIBO.

One picture I got from surfing
Link http://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgur
Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-vibe2a.jpg

Last edited by rajeev k : 13th April 2013 at 17:27.
Old 13th April 2013, 20:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Looks pretty old school hatch backs, but it is going to be a super spacious hatch !!
True. The slopping hatch glass makes the look more old-school; add to it the existing boxy design. I see a headrest provided for the third passenger in the middle. But looking at the picture, I have serious doubt whether the sun will hit your head, with such a slopping roof, in this time of no sun-film. Or is the sedan with the same design?

Overall, I think this is a welcome move by Mahindra; entering the hatchback segment. They surely have good mass visibility in the rural market, thanks to their robust UVs, and the XUV is proof that they are game for anything and everything.
Old 13th April 2013, 20:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

True. The slopping hatch glass makes the look more old-school; add to it the existing boxy design. I see a headrest provided for the third passenger in the middle. But looking at the picture, I have serious doubt whether the sun will hit your head, with such a slopping roof, in this time of no sun-film. Or is the sedan with the same design?

Overall, I think this is a welcome move by Mahindra; entering the hatchback segment. They surely have good mass visibility in the rural market, thanks to their robust UVs, and the XUV is proof that they are game for anything and everything.
Taxi segment is going to love it there was no alternative to indica unlike indigo which lost badly to logan and then etios

City taxi needs decent boot which this car will offer.

I feel sad for tata. They are not doing anything right and m&m is doing everything right

This and verito can do 5k plus easily and can seriously threaten Hyundai for no 2 position

However, 6 lakh starting price seems bit too much for this and knowing m&m pricing will be aggressive as usual

Last edited by rajshenoy : 13th April 2013 at 20:33.
Old 13th April 2013, 21:48   #27
BHPian

The hatch boot design looks old but has a distinct appeal to it and i like it for sure

Coupled with good dynamics and a strong renauly motor And with huge cabin space it can click with the taxi operators for sure as someone rightly pointed replacement for indica

The rear design reminds of volvo suvs
Old 15th April 2013, 10:42   #28
BHPian

Autocar has revealed the first clear image of upcoming Vibe

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/339...hatchback.aspx

Looks quite similar to the renderings so far.Looks OK though unusual from this angle, however the side profile would be out of sync as the rest of the design is boxy but the rear is curvy! The reported price @Rs 5.75 lacs for base model is too high! I don't see it selling unless they price it real agressively. The Sail UVA is similar sized and starts from Rs 5.29 lacs still struggling to sell. This one needs to start maybe at Rs 5 lacs to sell!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-verito-vibe.jpg  

Last edited by rock75 : 15th April 2013 at 10:46.
Old 15th April 2013, 10:47   #29
BHPian

First undisguised pictures of Mahindra Vibe hatchback

Mahindra & Mahindra has converted its 3 box Verito sedan to a 2 box hatchback in the Verito Vibe, as pictures appearing on website autocarindia.com depict. The highlight of the Vibe is a huge tail-light section at the rear, but the overall design appears rather dated. While the front end features a redesigned bumper and darkened headlamps, much else remains the same as the Verito sedan till the rear doors. The interiors are similar to that of the Verito sedan.

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-verito-vibe.jpg

The Verito Vibe would target the hatchback user who is looking for a fuel efficient, comfortable and spacious hatch with good boot space (The Vibe is expected to have the largest boot in its class). This is similar to what Chevrolet offered with its SAIL U-VA hatchback that bombed in the market (and it is a fresher, more modern design). The Vibe isn't going to have it easy as the B2 hatchback segment is fiercely competitive with some truly contemporary options on offer.

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-verito-vibe-1.jpg

Pricing will be crucial for the Verito Vibe if it is to succeed in the taxi cab segment, and among private buyers in cities/smaller towns. Reports suggest that Mahindra is looking at sales of around 1,000 units a month for the Vibe, which would add to the 1,000 units a month (on an average) for the Verito sedan. The launch of the Verito Vibe is slated for next month.

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2013 at 11:21.
Redline6800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 10:55   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
Looks OK though unusual from this angle, however the side profile would be out of sync as the rest of the design is boxy but the rear is curvy!
I really have no idea what the designers tried here. Front= decent, rear= decent. Side view = box + curves which reminds me of those wierd geometry box tools that we had. If they smoothen out the rear door windows properly, then the design may look good. But if this is the final design, people, watch out!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks