Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2013, 11:02   #31
BHPian

re: Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Front= decent, rear= decent. Side view = box + curves which reminds me of those wierd geometry box tools that we had. If they smoothen out the rear door windows properly, then the design may look good. But if this is the final design, people, watch out!
Exactly, definitely they should have done something with the side profiles. But from R&D cost perspective nothing more can be done I believe. The C pillar mounted tail lamps are somehow capturing my attention.
Old 15th April 2013, 11:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Exactly, definitely they should have done something with the side profiles. But from R&D cost perspective nothing more can be done I believe. The C pillar mounted tail lamps are somehow capturing my attention.
A quarter glass would have added slightly more appeal considering the c-pillar has a lot of room to accomodate one. But the same verito styled rear doors had me dismayed. so much potential to do stuff and yet such a let down. But as you said, considering the economic impact on the company, hope this hatch is well received since the platform by itself is really capable.

Edit: The front dash portion doesn't seem to have molding for placing stuff into. But the console and the media controls/AC controls portion looks good.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 15th April 2013 at 11:12. Reason: added stuff
Old 15th April 2013, 14:08   #33
BHPian

My 4 year old kid draws cars that are much more appealing than this!! What has gone wrong with Mahindra?? At first it was the Quanto, I feel pukish whenever and wherever I see one. And now, what was a somewhat decent looking compact sedan looks like one of those ancient Skodas.

This is what happens when huge corporations are blinded by profits. There is no room for good design. For that matter there is not a single car in the common mans category that does justice to what he has paid for. To start with

4. Maruti Dzire - ugly! the old one somehow was decent
3. Honda Amaze - I am AMAZED!!! UGLY again!! wish they left the poor little Brio alone. It was such a cute little thing and now its got a trunk strapped on its back.
2. Tata Indigo CS - UGLY!!!! Well what would you expect anyways?
1. And the Oscar goes to the QUANTO. UGLY with my eyes closed. Even a blind man would say the same. I hate that thing and the same hatred goes to the Verito Vibe.

Why dont these people stop this notchback madness and move on to cars with some design sense.
Old 15th April 2013, 14:28   #34
BHPian

Completely agree with ron_9191's views for Dzire (old), Tata Indigo CS and even Amaze!

Atleast design the should have have been to its class ...seems quite easy practice to add a boot to hatch without enhancing any further.

Btw, Don't understand why there is a mad rush for Amaze? Apart from pricing, design plays a vital role which unfortunately in the case of above stated cars is missing.

Any how, current Dzire is better as compared to these cars and top that this one is the most horrible

Totally a bland car
Old 15th April 2013, 15:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Mods, there are two parallel threads on this Verito Hatch and Verito CS. Looks like both are turning out to be same car. Request you to merge the threads
Old 15th April 2013, 17:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

This design screams Pontiac Aztek. And that is not a good thing. At all.
Old 15th April 2013, 17:16   #37
BHPian

And when the car is finally launched, it would Mahindra Verito Vibo or Mahindra Verito Vibeo?
Old 15th April 2013, 18:18   #38
BHPian

Why!!!
This is a market dud even before launch.
M&M brand is taking a serious beating. First the ugly Quanto and then Vibe.
Mahindra's strength does not lie in sub-4 metre B/B+ segment territory. It lies in no-nonsense people movers (bolero/toofan etc) and well-priced SUVs (scorpio/XUV).
Play to your strength Mahindra.
Old 15th April 2013, 23:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
Mahindra's strength does not lie in sub-4 metre B/B+ segment territory. It lies in no-nonsense people movers (bolero/toofan etc) and well-priced SUVs (scorpio/XUV).
Toofan (known as Cruiser in some regions) is made by Force Motors Ltd. It is extended wheeelbase version of the Tempo Trax, powered by TD2650 engine derived from OM616 found in Matador.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 09:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thats looking pathetic, time for M&M to look at better designers for their projects. They have done horrible jobs starting from the Xylo, XUV, Quanto and now this ugly duck!
Old 16th April 2013, 12:23   #41
BANNED

Is the tail-lamp panel is raised over the hatch glass ? If this is so, buyer needs to purchase two set of extra tail-lamp panel with the car.

I think a bigger head lamp, more straight grill with some chrome, a curved out rear wheel arch and a curvy hatch door (like the palio hatch door) could have been better.
Old 16th April 2013, 13:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

I am speechless. Dumbstruck. I have no words.

Is Mahindra really serious about selling this ... err ... thing, at 6 lakhs ex-showroom? Tata can rest easy, it will never replace the Indica in the fleet market. Not at that price anyway.

Whoever came up with this design was clearly in love with the EU Ford Focus. The steeply raked hatch with tail lights placed next to the glass is an obvious "inspiration", Anu Malik ishtyle!

(pic courtesy wikimedia commons)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-ford_focus_bristol_750pix.jpg  

Old 16th April 2013, 15:47   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
Why!!!
This is a market dud even before launch.
M&M brand is taking a serious beating. First the ugly Quanto and then Vibe.
Play to your strength Mahindra.
Its called 'managing' risk.all their eggs are in the UV basket. chopping up cars gives them wider market exposure until they are ready to spend a massive amount of money to develop a new platform from scratch.
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 21:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Strategically, creating a hatch out of a 1.5D sedan is a great move, but I'm not sure I like the design.

What is the reason to have such a steeply sloping rear windscreen? Its almost as slopey as some fronts. Besides, it will only result in large thermal load on the AC.

Rather, they could've make it more upright, almost Estate car like and could've come with the world's first 4m station wagon.

That would've offered more space & better suited the Verito's utilitarian image.

Oh well ! Lets hope the cabbies like it

Last edited by Mpower : 17th April 2013 at 19:07.
Mpower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 11:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

We all know as a product it will not win any hearts. But I believe it can manage to sell close to 3K units if priced properly. We know Indians like big spacious cars. That is what Figo has done with boring looks, loads of space and a cheap asking price (at-least when it was launched). Mahindra has got the 1.5L diesel engine which is decent. They can not improve the interiors as it is not their forte. They can make it better looking as well. But what if they price the base 1.5L diesel model close to 4.5L. I am sure, besides some money conscious customers, it will win the hearts of cabbies.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks