Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2013, 05:05   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder28 View Post
Guys check out this original link.
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/05/m...s-itself-75771

It shows the new hatch very much up and close.
And am shocked that Mahindra plans to launch this vehicle amidst the sweltering competiton, the 'Vibe" won't even be felt before it melts away.
Know what? This just might work! I can see Indica dying a slower and more painful death at least in the taxi segment if the pricing is right. Am sure the Verito is probably more reliable and hopefully cheaper to run/maintain.

And the hatch-ish design looks smarter than the sedan in the pics at least. Though it does look disproportionate some how.
Old 16th May 2013, 18:29   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Know what? This just might work! I can see Indica dying a slower and more painful death at least in the taxi segment if the pricing is right. Am sure the Verito is probably more reliable and hopefully cheaper to run/maintain.

And the hatch-ish design looks smarter than the sedan in the pics at least. Though it does look disproportionate some how.
Yes Nilesh you are maybe right when you say that Vibe's may be akin to the present Indica is going to have some effect on the Taxi market but for a consumer who is goin to use it as a personal conveyance it just doesn't seem to offer any aspirational value with this dated design and bland looks. But then one never knows if the price is right then maybe it might just shakeup the entry level sedan scene!!!
Old 16th May 2013, 18:30   #78
BHPian

Mahindra to launch Verito Vibe on June 5th

Mahindra has announced that it will launch the Verito Vibe hatchback on 5th June, 2013. More detailed snaps were posted on auto blog indianautosblog.com.

The new images show that the Vibe has a rear hatch that opens from the bottom of the rear windscreen and not hinged at the top, like a regular hatchback. Click here for related news item. The Vibe will come with the proven Renault K9K 1.5 L Diesel.

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-mahindraveritovibe.jpg

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-mahindraveritovibeside.jpg

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-mahindraveritoviberear.jpg

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-mahindraveritovibefront.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th May 2013 at 18:55.
Redline6800 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 19:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

In an interview with Mahindra, I ended up discussing about the Verito hatchback with the Mahindra guys, these were the suggestion I had given

1) The 1.5 Litre engine can be tuned for various outputs ranging from 110 bhp to 85 bhp, in the 68 bhp diesel form, this hatchback will not have anything at par with the competition, hence at a disadvantage right from the word go. This hatchback should have atleast 90 to 95 bhp, it will not difficult at all as the CC's for the bhp figures are present right in the 1.5 mill. A good marketing move and will drag the personal car buyers to Mahindra show rooms too.

2) Features which the competition does not have should be incorporated in the Verito hatchback. If this version comes with ABS and EBD, incorporating it with traction control and roll over mitigating is a not a major thing, from the marketing point of view, it would be an excellent move.

3) Mahindra does not have the brand value yet to sell products in the private sector which are below the competition and still gather support in the form of sales, Verito hatchback will be best sold in the taxi segment further de evaluating the Mahindra brand name among personal car buyers. The moment the Logan was launched as a cab, its already plummeting sales hit rock bottom and same will happen with the hatchback.

4) Give it good looking alloys, stylish bumper, fog lights, spoiler and make the most of what they have in the form of the base design.

Pricing should be around 7 to 7.25 for the top version with features being taken off as the versions go down.

The interviewer just nodded when I was done. Personally I don't think this will sell unless something innovative is done.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 10:25   #80
BHPian

The huge wheel arches make the tyres look puny. They should have done something to make the front over-hang reduced.

Alternately, they could have raised the height of the vehicle and with a pseudo-SUV x-over stance probably it would have had a better chance of being received by the market.

Like some-one said on this thread 'quirkyness' factor seems to be an esthetic value at M&M! It seemed to have worked for Scorpio (no offense meant to Scorpio owners and lovers) and to some extent the XUV.

To me it looks like a more reliable Indica from M&M!
Old 17th May 2013, 10:41   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonya View Post

To me it looks like a more reliable Indica from M&M!
Very important statement here. Reliable Indica from M&M; Indica changed the cab market for years to come and even when I am booking for a taxi; I prefer Indica over other cars, primarily because of the way suspension is tuned up. Logan always had a very good suspension and this is one step to be more affordable to masses. What Renault couldnt do; M&M is doing it and selling atleast 1000 units of the car a month (barring last few months). Even if they can sell 1500 units of this car a month, together they are looking at a figure of 2500 units and it means pure profits for them. From what i recall, M&M had a agreement of making 50,000 Logans for Renault which failed. Renault dumped Logan and moved away to launch other models.
Old 17th May 2013, 11:03   #82
BHPian

I already saw this car with a white board in RT Nagar, Bangalore two days before. There was a family seated in it. I'm sure it wasn't a test drive car either. I couldn't take pictures because I was driving at them time. It clearly was the same hatchback.
Old 17th May 2013, 11:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

Wow! M&M have actually gone ahead made their own Dacia/Renault Sandero!

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-daciasandero1.jpg

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-new2013daciasanderorearsideangle.jpg
Old 17th May 2013, 12:44   #84
BHPian

Mahindra has officially announced that it will be launching the Verito Vibe on June 5. Also the Vibe is a compact sedan shaped like a hatchback and not a pure hatch.

Also the ACI expected price point is about 5.3 Lakhs.

Quote:
When we first posted spy pictures of the Verito Vibe, it was initially believed to be a hatchback, but it's in fact a compact saloon - the boot is hinged not at the roof, but at the bottom of the rear windscreen. Mahindra has given the Vibe a two-box apprance instead of the ‘chooped saloon’ look like the Indigo eCS and the Dzire.....

....We expect Mahindra to price the Verito Vibe around Rs 5.30 lakh (ex-showroom) for the base model.
Source:http://www.autocarindia.com/News/343...on-june-5.aspx

Last edited by sarthakgupta : 17th May 2013 at 12:46.
Old 19th May 2013, 20:31   #85
BHPian

Accessing the luggage in its boot space would be difficult with such kind of opening boot-lid mechanism but considering the size of luggage space it's going to offer, it still remains to be a tricky affair. However folding rear seat back can add little bit of versatility to its boot space abilities.

Btw, I'm expecting not more than 250-270 litres of boot space with intact rear seat back.
Old 19th May 2013, 23:51   #86
Senior - BHPian

If mahindra plans to offer it in exciting colors, it'll sell in good numbers. lighter shades is making this car look better at most angles. I for one, give it a thumbs up.
Old 20th May 2013, 03:52   #87
BHPian

The kind of competition it is up against, Mahindra has a mammoth task at its hand if it is going to convince a prospective buyer to go for Vibe when much more appealing, rounded, versatile and eye-pleasing options are available for him. Aggressive pricing will be a good start towards it but even then i cannot see it cutting it against it in a fiercely competitive segment.
Old 29th May 2013, 02:21   #88
BHPian

New Verito Vibe starts reaching dealerships

Mahindra to offer a Verito based hatchback called the 'Vibe'-mahindraveritovibe1.jpg

Source: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post291347

IMHO, its launch is expected quite soon.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 29th May 2013 at 02:23. Reason: Source editing
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 02:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

Is it me only or others also feel that it looks 80% similar to Palio including the wheels cap design.

No offense meant, but this car is one of the ugliest looking especially in the light blue shade.

All new Swift Dzire, New Alto 800 and now this, the list is growing bigger by the day.

Edit : Saw the similar post on last page, so it kinda proves the first impression makes us remember Pailo.

Last edited by carwatcher : 29th May 2013 at 02:50.
Old 29th May 2013, 07:49   #90
Senior - BHPian

It sort of looks like the Maruti Uno - on stilts. Its not going to sell with those old-school boxy looks, neither in the urban markets nor in the rural markets. IMHO it looks like the Logan/Verito was simply chopped & bandaged.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks