Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 10:39   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz facelift launched, also introducing ZDi variant

Maruti Suzuki has unwrapped the facelifted Ritz yesterday at the starting price of 5.31 lakh ex showroom Delhi. The twist in the story is that the facelifted Ritz is only available in a diesel avatar

The changes to the exterior include:
  • New front bumper
  • New grille
  • Redesigned fog lamp housing
  • Body side moulding
  • Electrically adjustable rear view mirrors
  • Rear spoiler
  • New alloy wheel design
  • There new colors to the family – breeze blue, mystique red and granite grey
Changes to the interior include:
  • New audio system with USB
  • Day and night inside rear view mirror
  • Improved rear seating
  • Multi-information display MID
  • Steering mounted controls
  • Dual front airbags
Changes to the mechanicals include:
The Maruti Ritz facelift will be powered 1.3-litre DDiS engine which produces 75PS @ 4000 rpm and 190 Nm of torque at 2000 rpm.
The engine is mated to a 5 speed manual.
The automaker has managed to squeezed 23.2 kilometers per every liter of diesel by reducing the friction in the engine and optimizing calibration of the motor

Prices: ex showroom Delhi

LDI :5.31 L
VDI :5.64
VDI :5.82 (w/ABS)
ZDI : 6.23

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th September 2012 at 10:46.
Old 4th September 2012, 10:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
If somebody doesn't have a fancy for the Maruti badge, Figo is definitely a better buy if you consider all the features and then judge the VFM aspect. Toyota Liva will have a close tie with Figo, though Liva D does not have the topmost variant.
He has no soft corner for Maruti but was doubtful of Ford Service. Will ask him to check in Agra. I advised him against Liva due to super cheap interiors and and absolutely dull and un-inspiring exteriors. (My personal opinion. No offence to the owners)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I am just saying 30K difference, Figo Titanium seems like a better deal to me. Its a better car to drive as well.
I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Only reason it was not a deal breaker for me cause I drive 100% AC on and rarely ever need to open rear windows..
It is not a deal breaker for my friend also. I need it for my 4 years old daughter who sometimes 'orders' to open her window which I can do in my Swift but can't do in my K10!
Old 4th September 2012, 11:12   #33
BHPian

I think Ritz indeed is a practical choice and even if it is priced at premium over some of its competitors , being a Maruti has its own advantage. People blindly go for Maruti thanks to its service and in small towns where you won't find Ford or Toyota service, Maruti rules.

Talking about Ritz, it too scores over Figo in certain areas like :

- Better ground clearance
- Better ingress for tall people
- More comfortable front seats and commanding view. Even rear seat has better headroom. Its the legroom that's bit less.
- DDiS has better NVH and a performer on highway. Better mileage a boon.
- Decent interior quality. Figo's plastics feel built to the price.

I think VDi ABS will continue to be the hotseller.
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 11:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

A good move by Maruti, the ZDi version would have been my choice versus the Punto Emotion if it had been available last year. The car finally comes in diesel with ABS,fogs and rear wash wipe with defogger. The pricing is reasonable and with so many diesel Marutis on the streets, service and spares will not be an issue.

The comparison with the Liva is a joke, the car's interiors doesn't belong in this century, the Figo too feels cut price in comparison. It matters because you spend time inside the car, neither of the two has significant advantage in terms of reliability or service. Maruti has finally fixed the car's only drawback of not having a top end diesel.
Old 4th September 2012, 11:38   #35
BHPian

I am waiting to see the brochure to justify the price hike for the existing models. The reason being, the audio system, electrically adjustable ORVMs were not in OEM list of Diesel previously (for LDi, VDi and VDi(ABS)) and I am seeing them here in the list.

Last edited by rnidumolu : 4th September 2012 at 11:38. Reason: Spell mistake
Old 4th September 2012, 12:37   #36
BHPian

Facelifted Ritz is being discussed under following thread also. Mods, kindly merge and delete my this post. Thanks.

Link for the thread:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nd-corner.html
Old 4th September 2012, 13:02   #37
BHPian

For those who just like a practical diesel car, who doesn't care much about Handling, Drivability and Looks, Ritz Diesels are for them. Its a safe bet.

Easy ingess/egress for elders
High GC
BEST After sale service

I have switched from Maruti to Ford, i can definetly say, when comes After Sale Service Marutis are the BEST, i'm not saying its cheaper to maintain, but the quality of after sale service is best compare to Fords anyday/anywhere (even in metros).
Old 4th September 2012, 14:56   #38
BHPian

I just visited the Varun Showroom in Hyderabad and the pricing in Hyderabad are as below -

LDI - INR.5,44,123/- (was INR.5,30,640/-)
VDI - INR.5,77,644/- (was INR.5,68,504/-)
VDI(ABS) - INR.5,96,071/- (was INR.5,87,112/-)
ZDI - INR.6,37,470/-

A few observations -

1. Only VDI is available for the display.
2. SA doesnot have any clue on the delivery dates for VDI(ABS), ZDI. But is telling the ballpark figure of two months.
3. For me the interiors are not impressing. Only change is the usage of Red instead of Grey. (minus)
4. The ORVM, Door Handles of current gen VDI are not body colored as of previous gen VDI. (minus)
5. Rear spoiler standard across variants. But this used to be a after market fit in previous gen Ritz. (minus)
6. For me the new bumpers are not appealing (minus)
7. My Ritz Vdi(ABS) came with Bridgestone tyres but the one on display having JK Vectra (IIRC). (Minus)
8. The driving seat is more comfortable than the existing gen Ritz (plus)

The overall experience is not a good one. This time, not impressed by Maruti. For me, may be this is an attempt by Maruti to cope up with the losses of recent lockout at Maneser. They wanted to use their brand image in the masses to get rid of their losses. May be I am wrong also.
rnidumolu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 16:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

I still don't understand why the face-lift is only for the Diesel. May be Maruti is waiting to launch Automatic Ritz for a petrol face-lift? Hoping for a Ritz Automatic Diesel (high hopes)!
Old 4th September 2012, 18:19   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Where is the petrol? Maybe MSIL is praying for petrol prices to come down, before they can come close to launching a petrol + automatic combo. Else I am sure there wont be many takers for it. It will be ridiculous to see the petrol ritz in the old avatar and the diesel getting a facelift. So, it won't happen so.
The launch of the facelift has been a pretty silent one from MSIL. No advertisements, no pictures of the changes. That is much disappointing.
Old 4th September 2012, 18:28   #41
BHPian

Ritz is the most important player for maruti till the production of Swift and Dzire are back in full flow. I feel the current model is much better looking but the introduction of ZDI variant is a very welcome change. Ritz is the most practical hatch in the market right now and if maruti can give provide ready delivery it will find many takers.
Old 4th September 2012, 18:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

I am very interested in the front seat. Need to know what they have done with it.

Also, How did they integrate the MID? did they get rid of the current console, which i rather like? (it looks like a replica of the fiat 500). There were talks about the tacho meter being missed in the new one. Is that tacho still there?
Old 4th September 2012, 18:40   #43
BHPian

Absolutely not a fair treatment to the petrol models by MSIL. The petrol facelift may easily attract potential customers of i10 & Brio. Was hoping to see the VVT badge too as reported in some previous threads. Any idea from the Gurus if the upgrade is in the pipeline ?
Old 4th September 2012, 18:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Hoping for a Ritz Automatic Diesel (high hopes)!
Here I pour cold water on your high hopes :-D

1.3 JTD in either 75 PS or 90 PS configuration does not come with automatic transmission in any car, Fiats or others!
Old 4th September 2012, 18:55   #45
BHPian

Another joke from MSIL! For how much longer are they gonna keep making minor, irrelevant facelifts to their existing lineup?
Why don't they listen to customer feedback and work on that? If Tata could do that with the Indica, MSIL could sure take lessons!
Maruti still has a long way to go when I comes to delivering quality products!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks