Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2012, 12:11   #76
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz facelift launched, also introducing ZDi variant

Guys. Ritz website updated. Strange thing is that only diesel is mentioned. Link:http://www.marutisuzukiritz.com/

It has been named as Ritz MC. No idea what that means.
The corporate website of Maruti however, mentions both the new as well as older Ritz in its prices section. Link:http://www.marutisuzuki.com/prices.aspx
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 12:32   #77
BHPian

The older Ritz IMO looked a tad bit better, the front end of the older one according to me never really had a problem to begin with. MSIL has probably ended up fixing something which never really was broke.

Anyways, looks have always been a subjective matter altogether.

The increased pricing would probably hinder the sales of the lower models of Ritz, though i guess the Maruti "Trust" & its ever reliable image would still help Ritz rake in decent numbers.

MSIL's effort to lure people away from the Swift may yet not be as successful as planned !!
Old 12th September 2012, 13:15   #78
BHPian

The changes in the rear seems to good IMO. Its just ugly now, not the ugliest Regarding the front, no idea why Maruti did changed the current NO-PROBLEM front. Anyway, its not gonna shake the Swift passion for sure.
And for those who still wonder why people pay a premium for Maruti vehicles, its simply the quality of *** and the re-sale dears. Recently, my 2 year old VDi was quoted more than the on-road price I paid in 2010. I refused it right away anyway. Anything other than a Maruti can do such a magic? Also, my 27K driven clutch was changed in warranty without any arguments when I complained of clutch jerks in the morning. Recently I gave my car for a horn change (in warranty) they returned the car interior/exterior cleaned. I just called my SA in the morning. Someone picked up my car from my office around 10AM, fixed the problem and the SA called at 12 noon and told everything is fixed and someone drove it back to office, all cleaned up and shining like her first day! I had previously a TATA and a Ford (family car) and never ever got a service experience like this. So, will I pay a premium for another Maruti? Hell yeah !!! I was just explaining the thought process that may go through any Maruti owner when they think of a new car or a replacement.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 12th September 2012 at 13:44.
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 13:32   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Th
Also, my 27K driven clutch was changed in warranty without any arguments when I complained of clutch jerks in the morning.
Isn't that surprising? I don't think Clutch Replacement is done under warranty, especially after doing 27k. Normally the ASC guys simply term it off as a part of regular wear and tear & blame the driver for riding the clutch for early replacement.
Old 12th September 2012, 13:43   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Isn't that surprising? I don't think Clutch Replacement is done under warranty, especially after doing 27k. Normally the ASC guys simply term it off as a part of regular wear and tear & blame the driver for riding the clutch for early replacement.
Yes, definitely it was. I never questioned that but I remember sometime during the sub 10K phase when I complained about a hard clutch and it was solved during the service, no other clutch complaints. Also, I never thought they'll do a clutch replacement for morning time clutch jerks as they are common and a clutch bleed will suffice. Anyway happy with their strategy of "replace it if the customer complaints".
Old 12th September 2012, 19:34   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
It has been named as Ritz MC. No idea what that means.
MC means Minor Change(s). Got to know about it from the price list of a dealer's.
anandjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 19:52   #82
BHPian

Deliveries of the new Ritz have started. I saw a just delivered new facelifted Ritz ZDi with body graphics today on road while returning from office.

@anandjha, can you confirm from your dealer about the status of facelifted Petrol Ritz. Is it really getting discontinued?

Is there a possibility that the petrol version that @revved_up has seen at Maruti's plant are for export markets only.
Old 13th September 2012, 11:32   #83
BANNED

Since this facelift is called 'minor changes' (MC), I'm sure there will come a 'major changes' (with a thorough rear lift) model in the future. Btw, saw one new Ritz yesterday in a new blue colour, and looked nice in that colour.
Old 13th September 2012, 18:53   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
@anandjha, can you confirm from your dealer about the status of facelifted Petrol Ritz. Is it really getting discontinued?
He has no idea. AFAIK we are more well-informed compared to SEs.
Old 15th September 2012, 12:04   #85
BHPian

Ritz website is now providing option to choose between petrol or diesel. If petrol is chosen, the website redirects to older Ritz website.

Thus, I believe currently Maruti has a huge stock of Ritz petrols and thus is continuing with older Ritz petrols till the stock runs out. Only then we will be able to get the complete picture of whether Ritz petrol gets phased out(highly unlikely) or recieves the facelift.

Link:http://www.marutisuzukiritz.com
Old 15th September 2012, 23:07   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Since this facelift is called 'minor changes' (MC), I'm sure there will come a 'major changes' (with a thorough rear lift) model in the future. Btw, saw one new Ritz yesterday in a new blue colour, and looked nice in that colour.
But if they call "minor changes" as MC, won't they call "major changes" as MC too?

Yes, I too saw the new Ritz yesterday, in white. On road, the new Ritz certainly looks better than the older version IMO. I think we'll get used to the new front. It's difficult to judge as of now, but probably once we are used to it, we might start liking it. The front certainly has more character now, which was missing in the previous version.

Last edited by subratasenn : 15th September 2012 at 23:08.
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 03:18   #87
BHPian

Guys,

I have a doubt on ZDI. Does ZDI comes with Alloys?

I have not seen this mentioned in their website or brochure, except for the pictures of the car used in the site.
Old 16th September 2012, 10:29   #88
BHPian

Price difference between Ritz and Swift across model range. Courtesy Motorbash.com
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Ritz facelift launched, also introducing ZDi variant-swift_ritz_price_comparison.jpg  

Old 16th September 2012, 17:33   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
If the rear was tweaked to something more bearable, we would have definitely seen the pictures of it now
Sigh. I wonder if there are any simple mods / stickers etc that can make the rear of the Ritz a tad less ugly ?
Old 16th September 2012, 19:36   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
Guys,

I have a doubt on ZDI. Does ZDI comes with Alloys?
Yes. ZXi and ZDi have the same feature-list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
But if they call "minor changes" as MC, won't they call "major changes" as MC too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Since this facelift is called 'minor changes' (MC), I'm sure there will come a 'major changes' (with a thorough rear lift) model in the future.

An MC or minor change is another name for a mid-life face-lift. A 'major change' would be an all-new model (eg. old and new Swift).

And yes, the petrol variants are all present, and they have all been refreshed in the same way. May be the diesels are getting advertised mainly because it's a diesel market out there now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks