Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2013, 13:23   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Under the bonnet of Vista D90 Xtreme, the standard Vista D90’s 89bhp, 1.3-litre, variable-geometry turbo-equipped Quadrajet engine has been modified to produce 104bhp. Modifications have been carried out in-house by Tata Motors, with a little help from Abarth, Fiat’s performance division. The tweaks include a modified exhaust, a remapped ECU and an optimised turbocharger.

A production version of the D90 Xtreme is set to go on sale by the end of the year, with prices expected to be around Rs 80,000 more than a similarly specced Vista hatchback.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/330...-unveiled.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 13:33   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

How to make a compact UV/ crossover? Add a spare wheel at the back of an Indica Vista! Sorry but the pics truly are hilarious.
Not to mention the spare wheel mounted on a hatch door that opens up! I hope they would be providing a rod inside to hold the hatch door once opened. This deserves a place in the Mod jobs thread! No points for guessing which one
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 13:40   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
..How to make a compact UV/ crossover? Add a spare wheel at the back of an Indica Vista! Sorry but the pics truly are hilarious.
I like the front anyway. The spare wheel doesn't gel though.

Quote:
I'm wondering - the mini Aria thats supposed to be TATA's crossover competitor, will it be just a raised Vista?
Nop, that's a completely new product from design with just the platform shared (and probably a lot more bits from Vista / Manza).
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 13:47   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Not to mention the spare wheel mounted on a hatch door that opens up! I hope they would be providing a rod inside to hold the hatch door once opened. This deserves a place in the Mod jobs thread! No points for guessing which one
Quote:

How to make a compact UV/ crossover? Add a spare wheel at the back of an Indica Vista! Sorry but the pics truly are hilarious.

I'm wondering - the mini Aria thats supposed to be TATA's crossover competitor, will it be just a raised Vista?
Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
WOW Thats so WRONG isn't it?

But when Renault does the exact same thing (minus the spare on the tailgate), its 'Team-BHP Car of the Year'!!
@antz.bin, there isn't much wrong in the images or the concept as such.

It is clear that when the hatch needs to be accessed the rear mounted spare will move (rather flip to left) & the boot can be opened in normal way (upwards). Tata's only fault could be the use of Vista's body. Had it been more squarer shape like the SUVs are, it would have looked bit better.

... & if if it is priced around a lakh higher than the Vista MJD90 it would be bargain hot diesel crossover.
Old 29th January 2013, 22:31   #155
BHPian

Wow! That car goes straight from the showroom to our "Weird & Wacky thread"

Front end styling =
Rear end styling = in the 80's
Old 29th January 2013, 22:46   #156
Senior - BHPian

looks like the jugaad people usually do after they put an LPG tank in the spare wheel well, and dont have any place to mount it
Old 30th January 2013, 23:26   #157
BHPian

Hey let's not run down Tata Motors for trying. At least they don't give cars which down right lack in features and cost a bomb.

I feel TML is really trying to do a lot in the Indian market, some are good some are not. However I always feel that most of us have been hyper critical of them. Let's appreciate the effort if not the final product. From what I have seen over the years is that even after all the flak they don't stop in trying new things.
Maverick1977 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 01:00   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a look at the pics on yahoo and am liked the extra bits other than the front. I liked the rear spoiler, rear & side skirts. Front is quite overdone.

By modifying the front bumper, I guess the D90 can be made to look quite a hot looking car. That's what I will do, if I buy this car.
Old 31st January 2013, 10:19   #159
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Under the bonnet of Vista D90 Xtreme, the standard Vista D90’s 89bhp, 1.3-litre, variable-geometry turbo-equipped Quadrajet engine has been modified to produce 104bhp. Modifications have been carried out in-house by Tata Motors, with a little help from Abarth, Fiat’s performance division. The tweaks include a modified exhaust, a remapped ECU and an optimised turbocharger.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/330...-unveiled.aspx
Thanks Volkman for this information.

I somehow like the way "Tata motors" work on their new cars. TM offers a very good package with not so good looking body. Safari and sierra being exceptions

The image of Tata in the domestic market is bad. Becaue of looks and image, the volumes never came to tata and the best they could do is to achieve the #2 position.

If they could work on the looks and could fix the Tata Image, then they are good for #1 position. I wish Tata and Karl the best with this work.

Alright Mr Karl, lets see what you have got?

Old 1st February 2013, 10:23   #160
BHPian

Since the car is now "Officially" launched (as D90), Can we expect an "Official" review?
Old 1st February 2013, 13:25   #161
BHPian

Great pricing and suddenly the Chevrolet Sail looks at disadvantage which I always felt is a direct competitor for Vista. Space,ride, and practicality being the strength of both the cars, now Vista beats it in terms of value,features and horses.

Tata should have name it as Vista Sports or Vista Premium or something that would make it stand out from Vista crowd.
Old 1st February 2013, 20:04   #162
BHPian

I dont think this car looks like a wacky or weird car . Maybe , we're just being very very harsh on TATA . IMO , the car looks pretty good . If only it doesnt start falling apart like the old gen Indicas, this would make a very very VFM deal and IMO this would sell a lot and woud help increase the sale numbers of Indica . Very well price I must say .
Old 1st February 2013, 20:32   #163
Senior - BHPian

104 BHP and tuned with inputs from Abarth? Then my bet is that it is the same engine available on Lancia Ypsilon. Ypsilon had an automatic too, if I remember right.

Going off the topic, I hope Abarth Punto does not carry this engine!
Old 1st February 2013, 23:49   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
I dont think this car looks like a wacky or weird car . Maybe , we're just being very very harsh on TATA...
I think those comments were for the Vista extreme crossover concept car (with spare wheel at the back). But the front skirt is a bit over done IMO. That's the ONLY bit I didn't like about the D90.

Has any bhpian taken a TD? Have the dealerships started giving TDs?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st February 2013 at 23:51.
Old 4th February 2013, 11:03   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
But the front skirt is a bit over done IMO. That's the ONLY bit I didn't like about the D90.

Has any bhpian taken a TD? Have the dealerships started giving TDs?
Externally, D90 looks just like the regular Vista except for the black roof. Those skirts, rear spolier etc. are optional fitments. The complete kit costs Rs. 25,000/-.
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks