Team-BHP - 2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/130511-2013-maruti-suzuki-sx4-facelift-spied-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 2996941)
just one word. UGLY. and somewhat similar to indigo eCS

Perfectly agree with you, mate. Though, finally I noticed the changes to the headlamps. Thanks for the pic :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2997001)
Instead of these kind of stupid changes, what Maruti has to do is to replace the current sx4 sedan with two cars - one is the sx4 hatch to compete with the likes of duster, and other is a bigger Dzire for the sedan aspirants. Maruti can sell a bigger better Dzire well because of the brand value of Dzire itself, imo.

True. The only reason the ugly Dzire sells is - there's no other cheap,low on maintenance and reliable "sedan" available at that price point. And for some reason, all of us have that mentality of picking up a sedan for "status" reasons. The Honda Amaze promises to change things though. Will be worth watching what these Maruti guys do after that :P

Maruti's Ertiga move was so competitive. Why not have something else (apart from this as it is clearly not working for MSIL) to compete with the likes of the City, Verna and the Vento? With the current and new avatars of the SX4, it will not be even considered by people just like in today's scenario.

So so disappointed!

On side lines, as mentioned here, they are trying to chuck this into the sub-4m category. Might be. However, wouldn't that also mean that they have to curtail the engine capacity down to 1.2 to avail of Excise benefits?

I don't think the SX4 sedan can ever be brought below 4 meters in length. The SX4 crossover hatch itself is over 4m in length. And why would MSIL be interested in a SECOND sub-4m sedan ? DZire is keeping all MSIL Sedan customers extremely happy right now and is the king of C1 sedans.

Thanks to the small MUV and SUV boom, C2 sedans seem to anyway be under fire and over half of that pie belongs to MSIL's own Ertiga with the XA-Alpha concept's production version out in a year or two sure to take a bigger piece of the pie now (if it manages to beat the Duster and the Ecosport). And with the recent Indian Government decision to gradually replace their HM Ambassador fleet with the SX4, they have a guaranteed market for the SX4s. So this minor facelift only seems to be for keeping interest in the car alive...

This seems to be a waste of time & money from MSIL, Sx4 is way too old for a facelift, and this toyota style grille only manages to rob the Sx4 of its muscular looks. Someone in this thread pointed out that they are integrating navigation system into the vehicle, i think MSIL should go the Tata Manza Club class way but unfortunately even that won't really help Maruti to garner 1000+ numbers every month.

And a sub 4m Sx4 is a definite no-no, Sx4 managed to sell in huge numbers just a couple of years ago, it was only in 2012 that the Sx4 struggled throughout with a whole lot of competition thrown into the market. I think MSIL should continue holding onto its horses with the Sx4 positioned in the premium Sedan segment competing with the City, Rapids, Ventos & the Vernas. This strategy would pay-off very well IMO once MSIL manages to come up with the 1.6L Diesel & a beefed up petrol version of the Sx4 somewhere in 2014 (i hope :D).

Till that time, it would be the government vehicle fleets & a select few "aam aadmi" who want a no non-sense, jack of all trades car that would keep the Sx4 crawling upwards of its current 600 to somewhere near 800-1000 units per month.

I hope Suzuki starts working on development of new engine for the range as the next gen SX4 still runs on the same lineup as the older one, i.e. they have not spent a single dime on engine development & it has fallen behind to other Jap manufacturers in terms of overall performance & refinement.

Moreover, they should have narrower tyres (185 mm) on the lower version (VXi) & probably a stripped down LXi version on the SX4 as well. The former cold help efficiency & the latter help sales by having a cheaper variant (@ INR 6.5-6.75 Lacs approx).

I guess the newer chopped model will something like this..

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 2997183)

Sx4 is about 4.5m in length. Chopping half a meter from it, will chop even the c-pillar!

This is the eventual end-result of any exercise to convert a body shape designed from the ground-up for one segment, into another segment: disproportionate and sheer ugliness.

The SX4 was originally designed as a compact softroader and not as a sedan. In fact, Maruti would have done well to open their account in the compact SUV segment in India if they had launched the SX4 in its original body shape, rather than to have attempted to position the SX4 as the Baleno's successor.

Looks past its sell by date already. But it is a competent car. If they would give us the SX4 hatch with 4WD now, that would be nice!

Well I read somewhere ( don't recall exactly where) that MSIL is planning a mini SUV on the "new SX4 platform" somewhere in 2014. The car has been in the market for almost 6 years now. Time for MSIL to replace it. Most other cars were launched a couple of years after the SX4 . The new Honda City with a Diesel is also expected in 2014 ( reason why Honda is not equipping the current City with a Diesel mill in acr near the end of its lfe cycle). I expect that it is a matter of time befor we start getting photos of mules undergoing development.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajneeesh (Post 2997428)
Well I read somewhere ( don't recall exactly where) that MSIL is planning a mini SUV on the "new SX4 platform" somewhere in 2014....

The mini SUV will be based on the Swift platform, not SX4!

From what i see in those spy pics, the rear end doesnt seem to have been chopped whatsoever compared to the SX4 which is sold in the Indian market today. The front end is camouflaged and one can clearly see a new front bumper design there. The rest of the car including the headlights remain the same from what i can see in these pics.

Cheers

As per what I heard, maruti is going to update the sx4 by 2014. And the news in some japanese forums who focus on scoops is that the new sx4 sedan and hatch (s-cross) wont be sharing the same platform or looks or front end or mechanicals any more..

lets wait and watch till then

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 2997183)

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2997222)
Sx4 is about 4.5m in length. Chopping half a meter from it, will chop even the c-pillar!

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince85 (Post 2997608)
From what i see in those spy pics, the rear end doesnt seem to have been chopped whatsoever compared to the SX4 which is sold in the Indian market today. The front end is camouflaged and one can clearly see a new front bumper design there. The rest of the car including the headlights remain the same from what i can see in these pics.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince85 (Post 2997608)

Cheers

I now agree to this fact, that the rear has not been chopped off for sure. Was driving today and came across a SX4. Tried looking at the same angle as in the snapshot and understood very clearly that it's the same with this new one as well.

However, as from the Photoshopped image, better to have a hatch than a negligible boot. Still for some reason, preferred the look. Looks like a close cousin to the Chevy SRV :D

I have seen some SX4 hatchbacks here in dubai.

I ,frankly like this design rather than Sedan type. Why not launch something like this in india?

[Ya that would mean Swift would have a competition with one of it's own, but still would love to see something like this]

Loved the below design
2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-suzukisx4hatchbacksedan0011280.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-6435_cc0640_001_zmv.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-2008suzukisx40001.jpg

Mods:- Found these pictures from Google search, so would give credit to the respective sites

Maruti has XA-alpha, SX4 1.9 Diesel and GV Diesel(2WD) on the cards, exact order and timing is not available, but things are surely cooking well and all this will be on road in less than two years. Looking forward to the new cheaper GV.