Team-BHP - 2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/130511-2013-maruti-suzuki-sx4-facelift-spied-8.html)

Source: Indian Autos Blog

The Maruti Suzuki SX4 is going to be facelifted in India and the refreshed car is just around the corner.

Till now, we’ve shown you what the car looks like, exterior wise. However, we’ve just uncovered what the facelift brings to the inside. Here are our comprehensive pointers to the refreshed SX4, thanks to a reader tip-off.

Maruti SX4 facelift exterior

Maruti SX4 facelift interior
That seems to be what the Maruti SX4 facelift is all about. We’re not expecting any mechanical changes so we believe the same 1.6-liter VVT petrol engine and the 1.3-liter DDiS diesel engine to continue doing duty.
While Maruti is refreshing the SX4 in India, the next generation SX4 has already been unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show. However, the sedan version of the crossover is yet to be announced, but until that one arrives, the current gen SX4, with these upgrades, has to hold out.

Saw these detailed pics of face-lifted SX4 on Motorbash.

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-1.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-2.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-3.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-4.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-5.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-6.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-7.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-8.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-9.jpg

Details:: http://motorbash.com/mb-xclusive-201...d-9-live-pics/

Is that the Vxi trim? No steering mounted controls or ACC?
I've never ever sat inside the SX4 cabin so whats different here?

Man I alwayd had a soft spot this piece of machine.
Front design change is just ok. The honey comb gives an aggressive look but the chrome gives a more classical look.
What I am surprised is no change in dash and console. Look at the competition.
Look at Vento and City. They are ages ahead. Atleast they should have done the same job what they have done with the new Swift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3076927)

Well, I could NOT find anything different. Even I presume this is a lower variant as the report says it gets a touch screen navigation and the one in the pic is a normal one which is available in the current gen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen (Post 3076951)
...What I am surprised is no change in dash and console. Look at the competition.
Look at Vento and City. They are ages ahead. Atleast they should have done the same job what they have done with the new Swift.

To me this is a pointless facelift. There is nothing substantial which will win customers. The competition, as you said, has gone leagues ahead and these guys are still in the previous era.

For SX4, the single biggest disappointment is the cheap looking interiors and that's where they need to put efforts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3076927)

Its a VXI.. see the 2nd pics wheels. It's not alloy. ZXI has alloys. I understand all the bells and whistles have been added to the ZXI variant.
Te only differencei could figure out in the interiors of this VXI is the wood panel in the door trim.. Pretty useless.. Suzuki needs to pull up thier socks if they wanna make this car count, which in my opinion one of the best suited sedans for indian roads..

I may be biased as i am in love with my grey beauty.. :)

Maruti, please stop these kind of futile attempts to promote your car sales. After an initial boom, it again will settle down to the usual figures, IMO. Didn't you learn anything from the Estilo, Ritz, A-Star facelifts? We need model revamps like you did for Swift, DZire and WR.

The current SX4 was designed as an SUV. The 2013 model shown at Geneva is also designed as an SUV. Let them be introduced here in their original avatars. For your sedan aspirations, bring true sedans (like Kizashi) at a reasonable prize.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3076987)
To me this is a pointless facelift. There is nothing substantial which will win customers. The competition, as you said, has gone leagues ahead and these guys are still in the previous era.

For SX4, the single biggest disappointment is the cheap looking interiors and that's where they need to put efforts!

Atleast the interiors could have gone all black like swift. It might have created a bit more interest in the car than the current facelift. Its quite easy to miss this facelift.

Does this minimal face lift serve as an indicator for an impending gen next SX4? May be a cross over on the same platform? The car is not a big seller, this make up will not improve it further, so why put money in a face lift on the dud product. May be the plant is being readied for a different model on the same platform, If I were Maruti, I would do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 3077771)
Atleast the interiors could have gone all black like swift. It might have created a bit more interest in the car than the current facelift. Its quite easy to miss this facelift.

More than color, I think they should have used the same parts bin. The interiors of current Swift / Dzire looks upmarket compared to the ones in SX4.

New 2013 Maruti SX4 facelift will be available in 10 different trims and here is the official price list of the car.

Quote:

New 2013 Maruti SX4 Facelift Variants & On-Road Prices (Pune)
2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-2013_sx4_facelist_prices.jpg

Cheers!

http://motorbash.com/busted-new-2013...n-road-prices/

The SX4 is near the end of its product life cycle. This refresh seems to be an attempt on part of MSIL to shore up the numbers till the new model is launched in a years time. MSIL will also have to look at two new aspects of the current taxation policy which is hurting them more than the other players: 1) Petrol engine above 1500 CC 2) Ground Clearance above 170 mm. One of the USP's of the car was its high GC. Pity that the Finance Minister has gone in for this increase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3078579)
New 2013 Maruti SX4 facelift will be available in 10 different trims and here is the official price list of the car...

Rs. 60,000/- for a touchscreen HU? And they have put the car into the next tax slab with just a 8000/- over 10L! Could not they adjust the pricing to keep the diesel with touch screen under 10L ex showroom? :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3078759)
Rs. 60,000/- for a touchscreen HU? And they have put the car into the next tax slab with just a 8000/- over 10L! Could not they adjust the pricing to keep the diesel with touch screen under 10L ex showroom? :Frustrati

Must be ZDI leather+ Audio.At first I too felt the same way you did. :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3078579)
New 2013 Maruti SX4 facelift will be available in 10 different trims and here is the official price list of the car.

Attachment 1066745

Cheers!

The pricing is on a higher side IMO, by almost Rs.50k. This puts is way beyond the City CE (Rs.7.3 Lacs ex-showroom), which many would consider as negative, as the City is a better car to the SX4 for the masses.