Team-BHP - 2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/130511-2013-maruti-suzuki-sx4-facelift-spied-3.html)

Found an SX4 here in dubai.

Frankly this seems to be a better design than the sedan version. This has a more sporty look than the sedan one.

Attachment 1030351

Attachment 1030353

Attachment 1030352

Mods:-
The pictures I found via Google search.

Also as somebody pointed out in one of the threads, i can confirm there is a ghost on Team-BHP which mysterially makes the posts not appear :D

The sucessor to the SX4 is expected to be arrive in 2014. the current facelift could be a way to increasing sales of the current Gen SX4.

IAB reports Suzuki's Sedan plans..

Financial express reports that Maruti is working on three new sedans which will be evenly spread through the car maker’s already extensive portfolio. The first sedan will be a B segment candidate which will sit between the Swift Dzire and the SX4 and is expected to be launched sometime in 2014. The car will borrow most of its components from the Swift.

The second car is an entry D segment which would be slightly upmarket than the current SX4. The sedan is expected to be ready in 2014-2015 and it could even be the successor of the SX4 which has registered a steep decline in sales.

The third sedan will be a sub-four meter car and would be the entry level B Segment sedan which could be based on the next gen A-Star
Apart from these sedans, there is the XA Alpha based mini SUV which will also join the future lineup.

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/12/m...segments-58116

Guys don't know what went wrong with uploading the pictures of the SX4 hatchback.. posting them again [Hope this comes properly]

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-2008suzukisx40001.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-suzukisx4hatchbacksedan0011280.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-6435_cc0640_001_zmv.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshan_cruise (Post 2998744)
Guys don't know what went wrong with uploading the pictures of the SX4 hatchback.. posting them again

Its not a facelift but its the original suzuki sx4/ fiat sedici introduced back in 2005 for european markets.
Link: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Sedici

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkesh (Post 2998858)
Its not a facelift but its the original suzuki sx4/ fiat sedici introduced back in 2005 for european markets.
Link: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Sedici

Thanks Arkesh, didn't know that, but still personally like this design more than the sedan version of SX4.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshan_cruise (Post 2999079)

Thanks Arkesh, didn't know that, but still personally like this design more than the sedan version of SX4.:D

It was developed as a hatchback so it looks great, making it a sedan was an afterthought.
And fiat is selling it with a 2.0 litre multijet abroad. Only god knows when will they get such products to india.

Maruti is all set to launch an updated SX4 next year.
Source:Autocar India & Link link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 2998549)
The sucessor to the SX4 is expected to be arrive in 2014. the current facelift could be a way to increasing sales of the current Gen SX4.

IAB reports Suzuki's Sedan plans..

Financial express reports that Maruti is working on three new sedans which will be evenly spread through the car maker’s already extensive portfolio. The first sedan will be a B segment candidate which will sit between the Swift Dzire and the SX4 and is expected to be launched sometime in 2014. The car will borrow most of its components from the Swift.

The second car is an entry D segment which would be slightly upmarket than the current SX4. The sedan is expected to be ready in 2014-2015 and it could even be the successor of the SX4 which has registered a steep decline in sales.

The third sedan will be a sub-four meter car and would be the entry level B Segment sedan which could be based on the next gen A-Star
Apart from these sedans, there is the XA Alpha based mini SUV which will also join the future lineup.

Looks like Maruti Suzuki is employing the same strategy in sedans which they have done in the small car space i.e having multiple cars in the same price band.
IMO,that is too many sedans in the same price range of 5-9 lakhs.A-star sedan?It already looks so bad(no offence to buyers),i don't know what will happen when they do a Dzire to it.:eek:
I hope the D segment sedan looks better than it's current cars and does not come with the national engine

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 2999243)
Maruti is all set to launch an updated SX4 next year.
Source:Autocar India & Link link

Autocar seems to be hoping too much :D

First post in this thread has the spy shots from India, which has the Chinese type front grill and bumper but no changes to the rear and no projector headlights.

TBH looking at all these pictures, I think the best time to pick up an SX4 in India is when the launch of the facelift happens - the older and significantly better looking version could be had for lots of discounts then :D

Planning An Upgrade. Can Anyone Throw Light On How Sx4 Fares In The Resale Market ?

The current gen SX4 ZXI petrols are going really cheap in the used market. One can get a 2010 low mileage model for around 4 to 4.5 lacs! Thats big time, for a car that cost 9+ brand new!

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND (Post 3006493)
Planning An Upgrade. Can Anyone Throw Light On How Sx4 Fares In The Resale Market ?

The petrol ones have really lost the sheen in the used car market, the diesel one though still finds decent enough re-sale. Similar to what the other sedans (read Vento, Verna & Rapid) are getting. Of-course the re-sale would be similar to what the purchase price would be, thus a Vento and a Verna would still fetch higher price, but then one pays more for them too.

I get the feeling Maruti is no longer serious about the SX4. It has all the right ingredients for a proper Vento/City competitor, but Maruti isn't doing anything with it!
If I am not wrong, the Fiat Sedici/Suzuki SX4 venture in the Europe which gave birth to this SX4 ended. And Fiat has stopped selling the Sedici ( Fiat badged SX4 crossover ), and Suzuki will probably go that way internationally.

Coming to the facelift, it is definitely a case of too little too late! And I always thought the SX4 was a beautifully proportioned car! Why chop the boot? Its not going to clear 4m tax cut in anyway, its only going to make it a little disproportionate, and lose some boot space. Also, I think the petrol engine needs addressing. When its competitors are offering in excess of 100bhp, the SX4's petrol engine is not up to the mark! If Maruti can take the Alto platform and turn it into the Alto 800 without too many mechanical changes, I'm sure they can considerably change the SX4 too! That would make a difference!

another very capable car that will be let down by the much needed but poorly carried out facelift that Suzuki seems to have in order. It's just sad. I mean tweak the engine, give it a few more features (remember the Indian audience is dazzled by them that's what sells the Hyundais :P) and a slightly more defined hood and bumper add to that some skirting and redesigned tail lamp cluster and they could have unleashed the car back on the market with high odds of success