Team-BHP - 2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/130511-2013-maruti-suzuki-sx4-facelift-spied-7.html)

That looks greatly inspired from the Tata Indigo. Good luck to MSIL to get the chrome trick to work :p

I've a contrarian view based on the new pic that GTO shared. I think it looks nice from this angle. I never liked how the front of the SX4 looked like a long chin. It was too long and sloped too low! Was a hit or a miss look by me.
The chrome strip takes away the attention which might be a good thing. Though i prefer something like what chevy's come with. A thick chrome strip with a single large a matt finished mesh at the back.

Better buy current SX4 than the hideous thing they are calling as facelift. Reminds me of old pirates with a metal tooth as they grin.

Current SX4 is sporty looking and awesome from outside. But Maruti decides to give a facelift changing that sporty exterior itself. !!

I dont think next generation SX4 sedan is going to come anytime soon(atleast not in 2013)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3065936)
Better buy current SX4 than the hideous thing they are calling as facelift. Reminds me of old pirates with a metal tooth as they grin.

Current SX4 is sporty looking and awesome from outside. But Maruti decides to give a facelift changing that sporty exterior itself. !!

I dont think next generation SX4 sedan is going to come anytime soon(atleast not in 2013)

Which reminds me that dealers are giving upto 1.5 lakhs off:Shockked: on existing petrol stocks to get rid of them.
The launch of the new model is in a week. Only if they had upgraded the interiors:Frustrati

The facelifted version looks just like an Indigo e-CS! Where's the wow factor gone? I think they have played safe by keeping the changes cosmetic and plane jane. The interiors also don't look too much changed. I see another slow moving (sales wise) vehicle in the making. :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTeacher (Post 3058248)
A little bird told me that the facelifted version will come with touch-screen music system, GPS, etc. Could not elaborate on release date, other than "soon". Best to take this with a large pinch of salt.

I learn now that "Dispatches of New SX4 have already started and there is not much change compared to the earlier ones. The only visible change is front grille and minor changes in the front bumper looks."

:(

One of my friend (SA) was attending a technical training for 15 days! He said it could be for a new launch. Nothing struck my mind till I thought of this. Isn't this the earliest next launch for Maruti? I believe the SAs get trained like 2-3 weeks before the launch (usually).

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3071230)
One of my friend (SA) was attending a technical training for 15 days! He said it could .....(usually).

Same here, the Sr. SA in the MASS that i use for my SX4 and Alto had also gone for some training. Seems to be a imminent launch.. However sad to see the pics.. The grill makes it look like a Manza.. The butch looks are gone and can someone ask maruti to bring back the old 5 spoke alloys, they had so much more character.. I agree with other posts that the SX4 needed more work on the inside with instrumentation (GPS/ Informative Odo / fabric etc ) than the exterior touch ups..

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 (Post 3066596)
The facelifted version looks just like an Indigo e-CS! Where's the wow factor gone? I think they have played safe by keeping the changes cosmetic and plane jane. The interiors also don't look too much changed. I see another slow moving (sales wise) vehicle in the making. :eek:

I saw the Indigo CS look alike brand new SX4 at the Suzuki showroom at Bandra SV road. The car was on temp number plates. It was the Zxi or Zdi model and from the front looked like the Indica. I dont see this car doing more business than the outgoing SX4.

IAB reveals the face lift details:

Maruti SX4 facelift exterior
Maruti SX4 facelift interior
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/03/m...#ixzz2OXj4aqZX

Snap taken at "Times Auto Expo"
Looks Awesome from Front.
2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-02032013192.jpg

I like the old model. The new model does not look good at all. The butch look is gone and this one looks like Manza.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 (Post 3076083)
Attachment 1065695

This was expected.. any pics about interiors ?
But sad to see no major updates

At one end they are seeing drop in sales.. and at another hand, they are reluctant to give us more value for money to push the sales..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 (Post 3076083)

This is just about average.. IMHO.. The first version was best in looks and all that SX4 needed was a interior bells and whistles and better tuned engine..

Unfortunately, No changes in interiors. Pretty much the same in overall fit and finish but i must say that the bland front looks more aggressive now albeit a bit overdone with chrome. Overall not great just O.K.