Team-BHP - 2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/130511-2013-maruti-suzuki-sx4-facelift-spied-4.html)

Another aspect that works against the SX4 is the outdated interiors, probably more than the outdated exteriors. A potential customer wouldn't normally consider SX4 in the current scenario unless he is inclined to benefits of Maruti, which he can get with Dzire or Ertiga as well. When such a customer sees the interiors of the Swift/Dzire/Ertiga and then see the SX4 from the same stable, it would look like he is paying extra to get an inferior product. Dashboard and interiors should be at least on par with its own products one or two segments below, if not better. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case currently with SX4.

Would anyone prefer to get the feeling that he has 'downgraded' to a sedan when he is shelling out more of his hard earned money? Personally, I wouldn't!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenren (Post 3007925)
...Would anyone prefer to get the feeling that he has 'downgraded' to a sedan when he is shelling out more of his hard earned money? Personally, I wouldn't!

Very much my thoughts too. But am not sure the common man think in a similar way. 3 friends of mine & I went for Ertiga TD and we TDed SX4 D also. Trust me, all 3 were freakin impressed by the car & 2 of them almost ready to put down the booking amount then & there! I was shocked & tried to convince them its not worth 10L, but could not. Now, one of the guys have TDed almost every car from 5L to 25L and even he was ok to buy this car.

I for one hate this car just for the interiors! Just look like a swift from the inside. Have to tell this is otherwise a good package.

Except for the abscence of an MID and some chrome and wood bits here and there, I dont find the interiors outdated. It is laid out in a way people can easily learn the buttons and controls. When middle aged people or aged people use sedans, they usually take a lot of time to get used to the various buttons etc. When my uncle purchased his SX4 two months back, I did ask him why this car when it is due for an update. He answered that he was comfortable with the simple layout. When he TD'ed the car, he could make use of the functions without being taught by the salesperson. For a young age group, including me, the interiors dont impress though. However, quality of interior components are of better quality than the previous gen swift.

Suzuki is slowing down in most of the markets. Their biggest market is India. Maybe they are playing too safe to get the customer's appreciation.

More number of advertisements, more number of customer relationship programs/ activities, rallies, races, dealerships etc is what the customer consider at the time of buying. So, without proper upgrades too, Suzuki can sell in India

Tried, Tested and Trusted :-)

Saw a new, unregistered SX4 below my office building this afternoon. My first impression was that it was a badly modified sx4 due to the new chrome front grill looking cheap in real with a BIG Suzuki 'S' sign. Immediately searched Team-BHP and came to know its the new 2013 SX4. Apart frm new front grill, the front bumper also was slightly different and had indicators integrated in the ORVMs. Overall, it looked pretty sad in flesh. prefer the prev version.

sorry for the average pic quality. took the pics from my phone camera from my 2nd floor office.

That is nothing short of horrible. Hope thats just under test. It looks nothing but an aftermarket chrome addition. Believe it or not, I went down and admired my car after looking at this one. :Frustrati

I wonder how many new features will maruti advertise to sell this. The new version when launched will not have discounts, while the current one has. Its launch should cause a sales drop or a minor jump for the first month. Anyways they have a loser at hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2max6 (Post 3044529)
I wonder how many new features will maruti advertise to sell this.

:deadhorse

Presenting the "All New" Stylish Maruti Suzuki SX4 :uncontrol

Thats how MSIL always do it. And yes, I was sarcastic.

EDIT: It looks like they carried the lower grille portion from the last WagonR version(Continuous running) to the SX4 and vice versa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASVA (Post 3044398)
sorry for the average pic quality. took the pics from my phone camera from my 2nd floor office.

From the first picture, this looks like Tata Indigo :Shockked:

MSIL, please dont do this to a very neutral looking car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASVA (Post 3044398)
Saw a new, unregistered SX4 below my office building this afternoon. My first impression was that it was a badly modified sx4 due to the new chrome front grill looking cheap in real with a BIG Suzuki 'S' sign. Immediately searched Team-BHP and came to know its the new 2013 SX4....

Did you catch this in Bangalore? :Shockked: I thought usually Maruti test vehicles are spotted in Haryana and places around.

And please, that chrome grill is HORRIBLE. Actual changes are required in the interiors.

This is exactly the model that was recently launched in China. It looks more mature and good IMHO. Especially, the rear looks a lot better than the current version! With an improved interior, I will definitely buy it if I'm in the market for a reliable sedan.

Image Source: indianautoblog.com, cardekho.com

When will those brainless thinkers at Maruti come to know about what people need by a facelift? Haven't they learned anything from the foolish facelifts to A-Star, Ritz and SX4 earlier? The front quarter glass and bulging rear bumpers in SX4 sedan is an eye sore now.

SX4 was a superb package when it was introduced. But now, with so many options around there, it is no longer an aspirational car. What we need in place of SX4 is a proper low-slung sedan, or a proper DZire sedan with 1.6L Petrol and Diesel engines, boot space of 450Litres and in the price range 6 - 9L.

Is it just me or does this resemble the Indigo from certain angles?
During my visit to Singapore last year, I came across a cross-over version of the SX4. In my opinion that looks better. They could have got that here.

Cheers!
Rohan

That front is just plain hideous. The rear looks digestible if i have to choose my words conservatively. Overall its a feeble attempt at making what is essentially a really old car more acceptable in todays market. Maruti stick to the hatches and the odd hatche with boot rather than bringing such non consequential half hearted upgrades.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigron (Post 3044778)
That front is just plain hideous. The rear looks digestible if i have to choose my words conservatively. Overall its a feeble attempt at making what is essentially a really old car more acceptable in todays market. Maruti stick to the hatches and the odd hatche with boot rather than bringing such non consequential half hearted upgrades.

I feel the indian version of the sx4 will not get the new rear treatment as seen in the chinese version and will continue to sell with the same rear end as the one currently sold in the Indian market today.

The only exterior change i see happening is the front end (bumper + grill + foglamp assembly) and turn indicators on the ORVMs.

The Silver car pics posted by @ASVA complete with side skirts (which is an optional MGA accessory) makes me feel that the launch is very close. And IMO this could well be a display car for one of the Maruti Showrooms around.

Cheers