Team-BHP - 2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/130511-2013-maruti-suzuki-sx4-facelift-spied-5.html)

Men will no longer be back. It's time for moms and nannies now. And I doubt if they would prefer this. The esisting grill and front fascia had a sporty (if not masculine) look to it. With this new grill, they've made it a vanilla block. Like someone rightly said, A-la Indigo CS/XL. The SX4 has its share of woes (not product but positioning) with Dzire itself proving to be more VFM apart from competition outside the house.

IMO they should come up with a proper boot Dzire sedan and SX4 with 1.6 DDIS. This might make a difference rather than sticking to 1.3DDIS and numerous face lifts. The front view of the latest face lift resembles Indigo.

Is it just me or the front now looks more Tata'ish? So much like the Manza to be specific. What's wrong with the designers at Maruti. They gave us the ever popular and classic Swift and now this? I would prefer if it was the other way round. This new design could have been the original SX4 and the facelift could have been what looks like the current SX4 - now, that would make more sense!

What are they doing to the interiors ? More than the exteriors, it is the interiors of the current SX4 which look dated. i find the exteriors still pretty sporty and that killer GC.

What they need is more features : Driver armrest, rear AC Vents, Some more gizmos at the console etc. With that this car can fly once again

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3044927)
i find the exteriors still pretty sporty and that killer GC.

What they need is more features : Driver armrest, rear AC Vents, Some more gizmos at the console etc. With that this car can fly once again

Yup! And a total of 6 airbags. Would then buy it over the Ecosport, as the seating ergonomics of SX4 promise to be much better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar-v (Post 3044972)
Yup! And a total of 6 airbags. Would then buy it over the Ecosport, as the seating ergonomics of SX4 promise to be much better.

I intentionally skipped that part. I agree having six airbags is good for safety, but it will just push the prices further north. Also the other potential competitors like vento,sunny, rapid etc. also do not have six airbags even as an option.

Only option Maruti has for selling this car is to give interior upgrades as well as addons to bring it at par with others, but keep the price same !!

IMO, the chrome grill spoils the looks. Not sure how would the huge "S" logo look in flesh, but so much of chrome spoils the look.

The bumper has been given some design edges like the Dzire and the facelift wagonR and looks nice.

The interiors need a much awaited refresh. Cues from the Kizashi should be taken. The rear looks better than the current version.

All in all, the chrome grill is what is the odd thing in an overall decent design.

The rear looks more German and the front a little Kizashi. I think I see a rear disk brake too in the photo. What new improvements have been done with the Engine. Fuel efficiency was a concern so was the driving dynamics. Everytime I break I felt like falling onto the steering.

This is definitely a dis-tasteful style upgrade to SX4. Looks a lot like Indigo, and folks at TML would be ROTFL'ing now.:uncontrol

I am sure, Maruti will position SX4 against Tata Indigo. Tough competition for CAB market now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram (Post 3045609)

I am sure, Maruti will position SX4 against Tata Indigo. Tough competition for CAB market now.

I do agree about the design front, however, it would be very vague to say that the SX4 will be positioned against the Indigo. Be it with the facelift or not, they both are nowhere suitable for competition. That would be like jumping down segments in order to compete with the Indigo. I am sure no official in Maruti will think in that way.

Lets not forget that what was seen in the earlier spy pics, only the FRONT had styling updates and the rear of the car was SAME as the current model.

Whereas at the SX4 showcased at some Motorshow in China had updated front and a more Kizashi-like rear.

Lets see what India gets.

:Frustrati What did they do to the front ? Hope the front grille can be replaced as after market accessory. The 2007-2009's grille has been the most elegant IMO.

Rear: Hope it comes with integrated lip spoiler and "perplexed" tail lamps.

Wish List: Rear disc brakes (is there more torquey engine now, K-16 ??), 6 air bags, HU like swift, arm rest, no rear transmission trunk, better engine mounts and better damping, a functional Multi Information Display, a LED to indicate low fuel and Top model (petrol) within 8.5 lakhs.

It might be old school, but so was fiesta and aveo (older schools), and no one complained. This will not be a volume seller anyways. If it can give bang for buck, it will find some homes. Outage generation was a modern ambassador and not an enthusiast's delight. Lets see what the new facelift has to offer.

OT: If they add chrome linings to A/C, reuse swift integrated headunit, the interiors will start looking better. Swift interiors look better due to chrome garnishings and the factory head unit, giving the illusion of being so functional.

This is more of a Tata design(Indigo/Manza) and almost sure this is the Indian version of new SX4. However I think it may be well equipped with some new features in order to compete with rivals. It may have multimedia touch screen with navigation and reverse camera option. Also I noticed in one of the pics that it comes with a rear skid pad which gives a sporty feel. Its high time to introduce the 1.6DDiS. Lets wait and see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3044927)
What are they doing to the interiors ? More than the exteriors, it is the interiors of the current SX4 which look dated. i find the exteriors still pretty sporty and that killer GC.

Hi Buddy,

In the interiors, they have also added In Dash Navigation unit, provided by Garmin. I think it would be only provided in the ZXI/ZDI model

Amit

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar-v (Post 3044972)

This would be a nice addition with 6 airbags. But I dont think Maruti will come with that. It would help only to add extra cost and the car may shift its segment one place up. Remember Maruti doesnt have actual players for Vento/Verna. If yes, definitely the extra features would have been there. Hopefully they may come in near future.