Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 07:51   #46
BHPian

re: Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)

An other pic of music system.

Source:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...count=1&ref=nf
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-etios_ms.jpg  

Old 11th March 2013, 07:53   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
The striking ones. Wing mirrors look really cool. Diesel does not get integrated blinkers.
This is really stupid from Toyota. Its the diesel which is raking in numbers for them and they don't provide this feature for the diesel.

Quote:
Doesn't look as wide as the old mirrors.
Another plus point on the Etios is lost here. The mirrors were wide and good, but the design has taken over functionality here.

Quote:
Notice the upper part of the dash- no more black, it's brown.
I believe this change is due to the fact that there were complaints of the reflective dashboard. The dashboard polish applied by the service centers did not help either.

Quote:
Steering wheel looks bigger than the current ones
This steering is for the variants that come with Airbags, need to check the other one. The steering seems more thicker than being bigger.

By the way the headlights seems to have no change at all.
Old 11th March 2013, 09:42   #48
BHPian

Overall, the Etios n Liva come with a nice touch, making it a better place to be in. Just to clarify a few of the questions asked by fellow BHPians:

1. Yes, the NVH is much better now. The diesel having improved better than the petrol variants.
2. The seats come with laminated upholstery, with better cushioning.
3. The plastic quality of interiors have improved quite well. The entire feel of the plastics is better now.
4. The audio unit comes with bluetooth connectivity on the top variants. And NO - It doesnt have a touchscreen interface.
5. And the driver's seat height adjustment has a good stroke, actually makes a noteworthy difference.
6. As for outer rear view mirrors, the top end variants get the side indicators - Be it petrol or diesel. (Please get your facts right before calling a manufacturer 'stupid')

Last edited by Carb : 11th March 2013 at 09:45.
Carb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 09:47   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Also noticed that the dashboard has been changed. Passenger side has a sunk area for storage above the glove box. This was not there earlier and items would roll off.
I guess, this was already there for all Etios models without airbag. I'm not sure if the one with airbags still have this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
I wish Toyota had taken the opportunity and added an automatic variant as well, Brio is having its time in the sun with no worthwhile competition. I wish manufacturers also think of a diesel auto hatch, even if its price lands it in sedan category. That's an open field today- the first one in will skim the cream of the market. Sadly, there aren't even rumours of any such variant that I know of.
+1 to that. Many of my relatives comes and asks for Diesel Automatic Option. There is no worth while competition for that category in this price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Interior looks way better than the current car and that's nice.
True, from the Toyota brochures, it really looks much better. I'm planning to Visit Nippon Toyota today and see it in flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Etios GD & GD SP which I think are the most moving variant is priced sensibly. As said in IAB, GD variant which is comparable to Ford Classic TDCI CLXI is cheaper by roughly 30,000! and that means the already troubled Ford Classic is in trouble again. Interested to hear on NVH.

Toyota Etios GD – 7,07,243
Toyota Etios GD SP – 7,55,151

Ford Classic TDCI CLXI - 7,35,000 (From Ford India website)
With the new interiors, Ford Classic should surely be in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Updated instrument cluster looks far better than earlier

Attachment 1060528
Source: Sid Patankar's tweet
Looks neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
What an eyewash it seems to be.

For G variant, with Rs 54k increase in 2 years from launch gives you:
1. 15" tyres and wheels
2. 4 mm GC increase (seems to me due to new suspension setup which seems to be the only materialistic upgrade)
3. Foldable roof mounted antenna (earlier there was none)
4. Adjustable front headrests (are the seats any better?)
5. Height adjustable driver seat (don't know how much good it does)
6. 2 DIN system - nice touch
7. STILL 4 speakers (incl 2 tweeters on dash) - laughable
8. STILL NO TACHO
Is there a 54k difference? I guess, the price was increased 2 times after the release as well due to diminishing value of rupee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
An other pic of music system.

Source:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...count=1&ref=nf
This one makes a lot of sense ( both in terms of functionality as well as aesthetics )

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
This is really stupid from Toyota. Its the diesel which is raking in numbers for them and they don't provide this feature for the diesel.
Yeah, I don't understand this logic from Toyota. Of depriving Diesel of some features. I hope, the ORVMs can be retro fitted if needed.

Quote:
Another plus point on the Etios is lost here. The mirrors were wide and good, but the design has taken over functionality here.
That's what happens when aesthetics takes over practicality. The Swift's waterfall dash design and fluidic Verna's 'fluidic' & sporty design are all classic examples.

Quote:
I believe this change is due to the fact that there were complaints of the reflective dashboard. The dashboard polish applied by the service centers did not help either.
I've never encountered such reflections on the black. Reflections should be more on brown and beige and less on black and dark grey, because black/grey resembles the colour of the road more closely. It has got more to do with finding a good compliment for the beige interiors. Brown makes a better combo with beige.

Quote:
By the way the headlights seems to have no change at all.
Ah, it's not just me. I was wondering what exactly is the change with headlamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carb View Post
Overall, the Etios n Liva come with a nice touch, making it a better place to be in. Just to clarify a few of the questions asked by fellow BHPians:

1. Yes, the NVH is much better now. The diesel having improved better than the petrol variants.
Wow, did you try it out? Any idea regarding the specifics as to what exactly was changed ?

Quote:
5. And the driver's seat height adjustment has a good stroke, actually makes a noteworthy difference.
This is one upgrade I might go for in my mother's Liva ( if it can be fitted on the old model ).

Quote:
6. As for outer rear view mirrors, the top end variants get the side indicators - Be it petrol or diesel. (Please get your facts right before calling a manufacturer 'stupid')
Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by amalji : 11th March 2013 at 09:53.
Old 11th March 2013, 09:52   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Yeah, I don't understand this logic from Toyota. Of depriving Diesel of some features. I hope, the ORVMs can be retro fitted if needed.
Retro fitting the mirror with turn signal will not be cheap for sure. Knowing Toyota, the prices for these stuff will be higher.

Quote:
That's what happens when aesthetics takes over practicality. The Swift's waterfall dash design and fluidic Verna's 'fluidic' & sporty design are all classic examples.
Yes, practically is more important than form. But if the form does not ?hamper practicality, then nothing like it.

Quote:
I've never encountered such reflections on the black. Reflections should be more on brown and beige and less on black and dark grey, because black/grey resembles the colour of the road more closely. It has got more to do with finding a good compliment for the beige interiors. Brown makes a better combo with beige.
I had problems with the dashboard reflections in the Liva I owned. This got reduced after the CR-70 was installed on the windshield. Each time the vehicle was washed, I used to ensure, the dashboard polish is not applied, else, the reflections were really irritating while driving during the day.

Quote:
Ah, it's not just me. I was wondering what exactly is the change with headlamps.
I dont see any change in the headlamps at all.
Old 11th March 2013, 09:54   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Retro fitting the mirror with turn signal will not be cheap for sure. Knowing Toyota, the prices for these stuff will be higher.
Yeah it's not easy since you need to route the wiring as well. Looks like they couldn't even retrofit electrically adjustable mirrors into any of the variants this time.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 09:57   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah it's not easy since you need to route the wiring as well. Looks like they couldn't even retrofit electrically adjustable mirrors into any of the variants this time.
Yes, you cant retro fit even the odo console, though the part can fit perfect fine.

Reason, the wiring is different. Any meddling with this, they say" Warranty gone sir"
Old 11th March 2013, 10:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I guess, this was already there for all Etios models without airbag. I'm not sure if the one with airbags still have this feature.
Yes as said already, it is there for only variants less than V. For V+ the place is used for passenger airbag.

Quote:
True, from the Toyota brochures, it really looks much better. I'm planning to Visit Nippon Toyota today and see it in flesh.
Also check if the plastics are really changed or is it just the feel good treatment to the old plastics.

Quote:
Is there a 54k difference? I guess, the price was increased 2 times after the release as well due to diminishing value of rupee.
Yes. When we booked and purchased immediately after launch, got it in May 2011, Ex-Showroom Pune was 5.41L and now it is 5.95L for G (not G SP). Add to that the taxes and all the extra % charges.

Quote:
Righto, so is my experience.

Quote:
Wow, did you try it out? Any idea regarding the specifics as to what exactly was changed ?
Absolutely, the NVH thing I would like to know and what have they done/implemented/installed for it.

Quote:
This is one upgrade I might go for in my mother's Liva ( if it can be fitted on the old model ).
IMO this could be costly affair, changing the complete seat altogether. That will also mean you have adjustable headrest on driver seat but not the passenger seat. So you may want to change the passenger seat as well

Last edited by parsh : 11th March 2013 at 10:12.
Old 11th March 2013, 10:27   #54
BHPian

Toyota launches refreshed Etios and Etios Liva

Toyota launches the refreshed Etios and Liva.

Along with improvements to the Etios & Liva, a new model - the Liva TRD Sportivo will go on sale as a new variant. The fast hatch is powered by the Etios' bigger 1.5 liter 89 BHP engine. The exterior has been jazzed up with 15” smoked alloy wheels and the TRD Aero Kit with rear spoiler. It will also come with ABS and driver + passenger airbags as standard. Toyota has priced the Sportivo at Rs 6,13,559 (ex-showroom Delhi).

The Etios & Liva receive new variants and lots of exterior & interior improvements. The diesel line-up will now feature an entry level "J" variant too.

Mr. Hiroshi Nakagawa, MD & CEO, Toyota India with the updated Etios & Liva

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-mr.-hiroshi-nakagawa-md-ceo-toyota-kirloskar-motor-new-etios-new-etios-liva.jpg

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-new-toyota-etios-etios-liva.jpg

Here is a list of improvements on the Etios & Liva:

Exterior
• New redesigned grille
• New rear lamps
• Indicators on the wing mirrors
• 15" rims and 12-spoke alloys on higher variants
• New "classic grey" colour option

A look at the new grey colour
Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-march-11-etios.jpg

Liva looks better with 15" rims
Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-march-11-etios-liva.jpg

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-march-11-etios-liva-rear.jpg

Interior

• Dual-tone interiors in ash brown colour
• New seats with adjustable headrests
• Driver's seat now equipped with height adjustment
• Faux wood finish door trims
• New 2-Din audio with Bluetooth, USB, Aux-In and remote control
• Blue illumination for the instrument panel
• New A/C control panel

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-march-11-etios-interior.jpg

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-march-11-etios-interior-space.jpg

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-march-11-etios-exterior.jpg

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-march-11-etios-exterior-rear.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 11th March 2013 at 11:08. Reason: highlight the models launched
Redline6800 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 12:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)

I seriously wonder why they are calling it a All New Grille. What have they done new to it? Check the one below at the time of launch 2 years back. Am I missing something? Or Toyota just wants people to believe that it is new?

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-p1060265.jpg

This also reminds me have they done anything with the huge gap between the bonnet and the grille? One can literally push a finger through it.

Last edited by parsh : 11th March 2013 at 12:04.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 12:03   #56

Re: Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)

The interiors are markedly better, this should have been done a year back.
I thought Faux wood went out of fashion a decade ago...who still offers wood trims?
The steering wheel now looks pretty cool
Interiors look to be cream coloured in the pics, and the brochure says "ash brown" colour. Which is right? Or are there two options available, like we had the hideous red themed interiors in the earlier higher Etios variant?
The covering for the gear knob also looks cheap.

Last edited by deepakd03 : 11th March 2013 at 12:06.
deepakd03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 12:06   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I seriously wonder why they are calling it a All New Grille. What have they done new to it? Check the one below at the time of launch 2 years back. Am I missing something? Or Toyota just wants people to believe that it is new?

Attachment 1060774
It took me a while to figure out as well but I finally managed to do it by playing the game "Spot the difference"

1. The grille now has chrome strip on the middle horizontal strip as well.
2. The portion around the logo has changed with a thicker bezel surrounding the logo.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 12:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It took me a while to figure out as well but I finally managed to do it by playing the game "Spot the difference"

2. The portion around the logo has changed with a thicker bezel surrounding the logo.
Quite a find. I am not sure about 2 though. I just checked again in brochure also and they mention Single Chrome for G as was earlier vs Double Chrome for V, which they are saying Bold New Grille - Confident New Design . What a gimmick Toyota!
Old 11th March 2013, 12:20   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also, the bumpers seem to be redesigned as well, esp the air dam and the area around the front fog lamps.

All in all a "vela" facelift, IMHO
Old 11th March 2013, 12:28   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quite a find. I am not sure about 2 though. I just checked again in brochure also and they mention Single Chrome for G as was earlier vs Double Chrome for V, which they are saying Bold New Grille - Confident New Design . What a gimmick Toyota!
So basically the double chrome is for V alone and the single chrome is for G. Earlier both had single chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Also, the bumpers seem to be redesigned as well, esp the air dam and the area around the front fog lamps.

All in all a "vela" facelift, IMHO
No ways. The bumpers are identical. If they had touched the bumpers, even changed one crease in the design, it would have read as "All new aerodynamic bumpers"

Look at how they have advertised the change in rear tail lamp design. lol.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks