Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2013, 23:53   #76
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW to launch the 1 Series later in 2013*UPDATE: Now launched*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
If Audi has created the A3 with a boot for the India market, can Beemer be far behind?
Not at all!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...n-23-cars.html

The mini -sedan is an eyesore, a luxury Swift DZire! However, the rest of the models seem to be well thought out!
Old 7th August 2013, 08:53   #77
BHPian

Just Received this email from BMW. It's going to be a 143hp diesel first. Sounds interesting !
Attached Thumbnails
BMW to launch the 1 Series later in 2013*UPDATE: Now launched*-image2168828180.jpg  

Bluebeem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 09:18   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
If Audi has created the A3 with a boot for the India market, can Beemer be far behind?
At least in the current generation, the 1-series will remain as a RWD hatchback, and a sedan is not expected. They have already mentioned about the plans for a 2-series Gran Coupe, but that should be more of a niche product compared to the more mainstream Audi A3 and Mercedes CLA.

It clearly looks like all the 3 German biggies are going in the same direction with FWD models in the small car space, with BMW set to join the game with a host of new models on the UKL1 platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The mini -sedan is an eyesore, a luxury Swift DZire! However, the rest of the models seem to be well thought out!
Since the Swift is a Mini-inspired design, the luxury DZire look is quite a possibility. But a sedan is actually not mentioned in the latest list of Mini spin-offs. I hope that is the case

Related post:
Old 7th August 2013, 09:37   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
At least in the current generation, the 1-series will remain as a RWD hatchback, and a sedan is not expected.

But a sedan is actually not mentioned in the latest list of Mini spin-offs. I hope that is the case
The Mini sedan apart from other spin-offs has been mentioned in their plans.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...n-23-cars.html

The 1-series saloon will be based on the UKL1 platform,so it will be a while before we see it in production.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:46   #80
BHPian

The preview brochure can be downloaded at this link: http://www.stagingdemo.com/bmw_offer...e_Brochure.pdf
Old 7th August 2013, 09:55   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
At least in the current generation, the 1-series will remain as a RWD hatchback, and a sedan is not expected. They have already mentioned about the plans for a 2-series Gran Coupe, but that should be more of a niche product compared to the more mainstream Audi A3 and Mercedes CLA.

It clearly looks like all the 3 German biggies are going in the same direction with FWD models in the small car space, with BMW set to join the game with a host of new models on the UKL1 platform.

Since the Swift is a Mini-inspired design, the luxury DZire look is quite a possibility. But a sedan is actually not mentioned in the latest list of Mini spin-offs. I hope that is the case

Related post:
Funny thing- both the threads are discussing different articles from Autocar UK.

I agree with you. We can hope that's not the case. However, 1 sedan is very much likely.
Old 7th August 2013, 10:17   #82
BHPian

In my view, this is likely to sell better than the A Class provided the pricing is right. Reasons:

1. Diesel with 143 horses, way better than than what the A series diesel and petrol offers.
2. Same twin power turbo engine from 3 series in a different state of tune.
3. Excellent 8 Speed ZF transmission, same as in 3 series - we already know about this from Team-BHP review on 3 series.
4. Rear wheel drive, and hopefully with a great driving experience.
5. Looks much more sporty and appealing compared to A Class - that's again - my view.

Having said all that, the rear, though good looking, is bit like a Polo.
Old 7th August 2013, 10:25   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
In my view, this is likely to sell better than the A Class provided the pricing is right. Reasons:

1. Diesel with 143 horses, way better than than what the A series diesel and petrol offers.
2. Same twin power turbo engine from 3 series in a different state of tune.
3. Excellent 8 Speed ZF transmission, same as in 3 series - we already know about this from Team-BHP review on 3 series.
4. Rear wheel drive, and hopefully with a great driving experience.
5. Looks much more sporty and appealing compared to A Class - that's again - my view.

Having said all that, the rear, though good looking, is bit like a Polo.
Having lost their no. 1 spot, plus awful sales and huge discounts in the last 2-3 months. Add to that the discontinuation of BSI ULTIMATE - if they do not price it at par or lower than A class, it'll be a suicidal move.
Old 7th August 2013, 10:38   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Having lost their no. 1 spot, plus awful sales and huge discounts in the last 2-3 months. Add to that the discontinuation of BSI ULTIMATE - if they do not price it at par or lower than A class, it'll be a suicidal move.
They seem to have started it right by offering BSI Service Inclusive Plus to first 100. I hope they will extend it to all in due course of time, may not be free, but with a reasonable price tag. Quoting from the BSI Service Plus Link:

"With BMW Service Inclusive Plus, your car can be serviced as often as necessary within the inclusive period and you avoid the inconvenience of discussing cost estimates and undertaking financial transactions at every workshop visit. The scope of service will apply to the entire term of validity regardless of the maintenance interval. You can be rest assured that only Original BMW Parts are used and your BMW is in the expert hands of BMW trained professionals using state-of-the-art technology for diagnosis and repairs. All Original BMW Parts carry a standard 2-year unlimited mileage warranty. With the range of BMW Service Inclusive Plus packages available, you have the option to cover up to 3 years or 60,000 kilometers of all servicing and regular maintenance costs of your BMW"
Old 7th August 2013, 10:48   #85
BHPian

Quote:

They seem to have started it right by offering BSI Service Inclusive Plus to first 100. I hope they will extend it to all in due course of time, may not be free, but with a reasonable price tag. Quoting from the BSI Service Plus Link:
I'm aware of this offer if u see my email post above

You seem to have the 2 confused. There is a difference between BSI Plus and BSI Ultimate.

BSI ULTIMATE used to cover each and every part in the car except wheels, tires, cells for the keys and bulbs inside the boot. This included wear n tear parts like break pads break discs wiper blades etc.

BSI PLUS doesn't cover some essential and expensive parts. The BSI plus is available for all cars. As per the advert it's being given FREE to the first 100 owners.
Old 7th August 2013, 10:56   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
I'm aware of this offer if u see my email post above

You seem to have the 2 confused. There is a difference between BSI Plus and BSI Ultimate.

BSI ULTIMATE used to cover each and every part in the car except wheels, tires, cells for the keys and bulbs inside the boot. This included wear n tear parts like break pads break discs wiper blades etc.

BSI PLUS doesn't cover some essential and expensive parts. The BSI plus is available for all cars. As per the advert it's being given FREE to the first 100 owners.
Thanks, I do know that BSI Plus is different from BSI Ultimate, and that it's being offered free to first 100. I thought that the tone of the message is right to begin with, and that, in due course of time, some better offers should be thrown in.
Old 7th August 2013, 11:08   #87
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks, I do know that BSI Plus is different from BSI Ultimate, and that it's being offered free to first 100. I thought that the tone of the message is right to begin with, and that, in due course of time, some better offers should be thrown in.
Honestly, a lot depends on the dealers. The company will only offer freebies to get things rolling. Post that its upto the dealers.
And by personal experience I can tell u, the only customer focused BMW dealers that I have spoken to are the ones in metros where there's more than one dealership. It's the same reason that a 520d is available for 36 lacs ex showroom in GURGAON and its 41 lacs ex showroom in Chandigarh. The difference in taxes is not more than 50k.
Dealers in Jaipur, Pune, Chandigarh, ludhiana are outright arrogant. The salesmen have been trained to promise more and deliver less. The after sales is still a gem. But the sales is awful.

And let's face it, the bulk of sales for entry and mid level models comes from tier 2 and tier 3 cities. The dealers need to pull up their socks if they want to see BMW go back to no. 1
Old 7th August 2013, 14:44   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Sadly theres already a facelift (LCI) of the upcoming 1 series already in the works;

Here are the LATEST SPY SHOTS;

BMW to launch the 1 Series later in 2013*UPDATE: Now launched*-2014bmw1seriesflhatch21473.jpg

BMW to launch the 1 Series later in 2013*UPDATE: Now launched*-2014bmw1seriesflhatch3.jpg

Source
Old 7th August 2013, 15:08   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Sadly theres already a facelift (LCI) of the upcoming 1 series already in the works
Why sad ? This will make the perfect mid life makeover 2 years down.
Old 7th August 2013, 15:51   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Sadly theres already a facelift (LCI) of the upcoming 1 series already in the works;
Actually quite a right age for the mid-life facelift. The F20 is into this 3rd year of existence. What it means probably will be some heavy discounts (maybe a year later) on the current lot, when the facelift gets to India
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks