Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2013, 14:46   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post

The Fiesta Classic has sold 400 units in comparison! Might as well accept that the car is a dud and pull the plug on the Fiesta sedan. Ford needs to carry the initial momentum of the EcoSport success by looking at bringing the Fiesta hatch and pegging it straight at the i20. Considering that Hyundai sells 5000+ i20s in a bad month, it might not be a bad idea at all.
Oddly coincidental then that on my visit today to the Metro Ford showroom, I noted that the cars on display were;
4 No's EcoSport including the Test Drive one and another which was ready for customer delivery
2 no's Ford Figo
1 Fiesta Classic
1 Endy

No Fiesta regulars at all.
Old 4th August 2013, 15:14   #47
BHPian

Re: July 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Nice report mate !

I expect that the figures of ford would go up due to the Ecosport. As MaserQ this is the best time to introduce fiesta hatch and get a hold over the market.

Cheers.
Old 4th August 2013, 16:23   #48
Team-BHP Support

Some observations:
  • I find some of the month by month changes very interesting, especially in the D1 & D2 segments.The Passat fell from 141 units in May to just 4 units in June, only to go up to 189 in June. Similarly the Fluence jumped from 71 in May to 215 units in June, and then collapsed to just 4 units in June.
  • Surprising decline for the Sunny/Scala twins! And looks like the public prefers Nissan’s petrol variants more than Renaults – 50:50 distribution for Sunny, whereas its diesel dominance for the Renault.
  • It’s not that bad for the Duster IMO. I mean, it’s a different story when there is no competition, but with an able competitor in Ecosport, 3-4K units per month are still good for the Duster. What to be seen is the market reaction after the Terrano comes in.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 17:58   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
Now even if Renault massively cuts Duster's prices I wonder what will be the feeling of all existing owners. Becoming greedy so early hurts everybody in the long run.

Met some folks from Renault earlier this week. THey are working on new variants of the Duster to make it more VFM. Expect lower price variants with more features. Renault sure made the hay while the sun was shining. Time to wake up to competition and smell the coffee.
rajneeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 18:54   #50
BANNED

Maruti & Honda it is!

The first four places in the Top 20 sales chart is great and I'm very much surprised by what I am seeing.

Swift is on the 4th place and it has been dethroned by the Dzire and WagonR. It is a great scene but who cares Maruti is happy till it sells cars. From Feb'13 till June'13 if average figures is taken sales of the Swift is 17461 units with the highest was 19654 and lowest was 14353 units. July'13 is bad with just 10K cars finding homes. What could be the reason?

A car for everyone in every budget of all kinds. Hats Off. They have to launch good and better looking models for the market. The Fluidic design and card from the Hyundai stable are thundering down on Maruti.

Impressive stuff from and for Honda as all it's cars are selling good and the graph is upwards. Hope they add a diesel mill for the City and Accord. May be if possible a 1L diesel mill for the Brio.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 4th August 2013, 20:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

For me Fortuner's performance has been akin to a superstar.
1700 copies shipped of a vehicle costing 25 good ones, is worthy of
I won't be surprised if it crosses the 2000 mark in the coming months as we approach another election year.
Old 4th August 2013, 20:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the report Parrys.
Rexton seem to have silently made inroads. Its the Third best selling in the segment close behind Pajero Sport.

BTW not sure why manufacturers are not able to come with a product that can take on Fortuner which almost makes for 90% of the sales.

Skoda seem to be clearing inventories of Laura making way for new Octavia.
Guess there should be some cool discounts on the Laura.
Old 4th August 2013, 22:00   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Isn't Maruti still selling Alto K10? Or are the Alto K10 figures are combined with Alto 800?
Very much. Maruti is selling ALTO K10 along with new ALTO 800. I have purchased one new ALTO K10 VXi in June 2013.
Old 4th August 2013, 22:31   #54
BHPian

Thank you parrys! Almost entirely the B2 segment car sales have nosedived and that of C1 have increased! People really want more than a hatch now. Honda is back in the top ten but they need more of the i-dtec in their vehicles. The split from Tata, doesn't seem to have done a world of good for Fiat either! Toyota also seems to be munching on fall in orders. But all credit goes to Ford for the Ecosport. Cracking debut for an equally great vehicle!
Old 4th August 2013, 22:47   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Some observations:
  • I find some of the month by month changes very interesting, especially in the D1 & D2 segments.The Passat fell from 141 units in May to just 4 units in June, only to go up to 189 in June. Similarly the Fluence jumped from 71 in May to 215 units in June, and then collapsed to just 4 units in June.
I saw the same trend as well. My guess is they only assemble these premium cars every alternate month instead of every month.

I am very surprised by the Passat this month. It has outsold the Superb by 2 times. Superb sales did fall this month but March was the only month the Superb sold more than 200 units. The Passat at 189 is higher than the Superb for all of the months except that March. Have they starting giving out good discounts?
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 23:05   #56
BHPian

New ford fiesta selling 16 nos pan India calls for a hooter in the ford factory! High time for considering a price revision now. Party time for Fiat, they are not used to these numbers. Cannot agree enough on the Scala and sunny sales, good cars getting a meagre response by the junta!
Old 4th August 2013, 23:06   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Has Nissan stopped the production of Sunny in this month? The numbers suggest that.

One very interesting thing is the petrol vs diesel chart. Petrol is finally starting to sell and there is a petrol car sold for every 2 diesel cars if you take out the SUVs from that chart which are literally a diesel only segment.
Old 4th August 2013, 23:30   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
It’s not that bad for the Duster IMO. I mean, it’s a different story when there is no competition, but with an able competitor in Ecosport, 3-4K units per month are still good for the Duster. What to be seen is the market reaction after the Terrano comes in.
A lot of potential Ecosport buyers are balking at the waiting times and some of them are walking into Renault showrooms. Never-the-less, with Ford announcing to have received 30,000 bookings in 17 days, I'm sure at least 5000 of these would have been snatched from potential Duster owner bunch. If we assume Ford can roll out 5500 units of Ecosport to the domestic market this month, we will possibly see 2000-2500 dusters sold. Could be worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Met some folks from Renault earlier this week. THey are working on new variants of the Duster to make it more VFM. Expect lower price variants with more features. Renault sure made the hay while the sun was shining. Time to wake up to competition and smell the coffee.
They better hurry. Apart from offering "immediate delivery" and "corporate offers", there's no steam left in the Renault stable. Announcing significant discounts / official price-drops will hurt their reputation and invite the ire of existing customer base. They need to do the following quickly:
  • Come up with newer variants - a 4x4, a special edition (more value-adds) or something similar
  • Rigorously promote immediate delivery and show that the duster is clearly a size larger than the ecosport in terms of rear seat space and boot space
  • Ask sister Nissan to get Terrano into the market
If Renault maintains status quo, I'm sure they will soon find it difficult to move 1500 dusters a month.

What surprised me is that the Ecosport did not make any dent in the C1 segment. I thought Ford's "killer invitation price" would lure a lot of C1 segment buyers.

Last edited by saisrujan : 4th August 2013 at 23:46. Reason: Added additional details
Old 4th August 2013, 23:52   #59
BHPian

Thanks for the report Parrys. Well the Ecosport numbers were sort of expected, but there is real trouble brewing for Tata Motors. Sad to see the company faltering. What they need is a fresh product line-up. There is a limit to how much you can keep hashing and re-hashing your existing models!
Old 5th August 2013, 07:43   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I saw the same trend as well. My guess is they only assemble these premium cars every alternate month instead of every month.
Interesting! And looking at the numbers these cars are doing, it does make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639
I am very surprised by the Passat this month. It has outsold the Superb by 2 times. Superb sales did fall this month but March was the only month the Superb sold more than 200 units. The Passat at 189 is higher than the Superb for all of the months except that March. Have they starting giving out good discounts?
Discounts maybe a possibility. Afterall, it’s quite a capable machine. I believe this is the first time the Passat outsold the Superb. Another possibility is that the public got a whiff of upcoming Superb facelift.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks