Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:45   #436
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

I am bored now with so much engine talks in Ciaz. Nobody is talking about anything else. IMHO let us wait and watch what MUL launches. Personally i feel MUL will launch it with 1.3 VGT only as we have in Ertiga and that will not be a bad move at all. It will be fuel efficient and VFM for sure. People who wants more power can go for 1.6 Verna, Honda City (Personally i don't think it so powerful in diesel version). But majority wants VFM in India, so people will like it, prefer it like other Maruti cars.

I will be happy if Maruti does following things in Ciaz:

1 Good infotainment system with all functionality.
2 Dual AC for all models.
3 Nice looking Alloy wheels.
4 Safety features like Airbags in Vxi as well.
5 Electrically adjusted ORVM for all models.
6 Better, stylish key and not the standard key which all models have.
7 Hand rest for driver.
8 Powerful petrol engine as still there are many people who still prefers petrol version.

Anything missing guy's?
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:22   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I will be happy if Maruti does following things in Ciaz:

1 Good infotainment system with all functionality.
2 Dual AC for all models.
3 Nice looking Alloy wheels.
4 Safety features like Airbags in Vxi as well.
5 Electrically adjusted ORVM for all models.
6 Better, stylish key and not the standard key which all models have.
7 Hand rest for driver.
8 Powerful petrol engine as still there are many people who still prefers petrol version.

Anything missing guy's?
1 A good infotainment system will definitely come. Even the Celerio comes with bt telephony, usb, cd, aux, radio and steering mounted controls in ZXi trim

2 I highly doubt there will be dual-zone climate control in a car from the C-segment and I would definitely not hold it against Maruti if they did not offer it either

3 Well if the photos are anything to go by, we should get one magnificent car with stunningly styled 16" wheels

4 That would be a first for Maruti; offering airbags and abs as standard on VXi trim levels. Maybe they will offer it as an option with abs as standard

5 No clue but again, would not be mad at Maruti as long as they offer it in top spec variant

6 The car is expected to come with keyless entry and go perhaps they will offer a key similar to the Kizashi's, stylish enough for you?

7 Going by the photos and engineer's stated goals of this car, I am sure it will be comfy and offer a driver armrest. Whether it's adjustable, remains to be seen

8 Hell yeah!

I do have two more things that I am secretly hoping will emerge from this launch;

Since the car will be Maruti's most advanced offering made here, and is targeting the high volume C-segment, I do hope this will mean that there will be more technically adept service personnel to deal with my car. I do get great service (only at one ASC here in Hyderabad) but I am scared to think what I will do if I need to visit the service center in another city.

Secondly, I hope that there will be a few more quality accessories that are compatible with my car

Last edited by IshaanIan : 22nd May 2014 at 13:24.
Old 22nd May 2014, 15:23   #438
Senior - BHPian

Thanks IshaanIan. Find my comments inline

1 A good infotainment system will definitely come. Even the Celerio comes with bt telephony, usb, cd, aux, radio and steering mounted controls in ZXi trim - I am talking about total package which will include maps, reverse camera etc.

2 I highly doubt there will be dual-zone climate control in a car from the C-segment and I would definitely not hold it against Maruti if they did not offer it either - I am not talking about dual zone ACC, but i am saying AC vents for rear passengers as well. Expecting Dual Zone ACC will be too much i know.

3 Well if the photos are anything to go by, we should get one magnificent car with stunningly styled 16" wheels - I am not sure if actual production version have it. If yes, then i am more than happy.

4 That would be a first for Maruti; offering airbags and abs as standard on VXi trim levels. Maybe they will offer it as an option with abs as standard - Even if they provide as optional for Vxi, it will be good. Maruti generally sells lots of Vxi models across the range.

5 No clue but again, would not be mad at Maruti as long as they offer it in top spec variant - For this segment, its mandate now IMO. Its very convenient feature & customer deserves it for such car.

6 The car is expected to come with keyless entry and go perhaps they will offer a key similar to the Kizashi's, stylish enough for you? - Never seen Kizashi key, so not sure.

7 Going by the photos and engineer's stated goals of this car, I am sure it will be comfy and offer a driver armrest. Whether it's adjustable, remains to be seen - Good if we have it.

8 Hell yeah! - We both agree here !!! I would like 1.6 L here which they have in SX4 (instead of 1.4 from Ertiga) with more refinement & power.

I do have two more things that I am secretly hoping will emerge from this launch;

Since the car will be Maruti's most advanced offering made here, and is targeting the high volume C-segment, I do hope this will mean that there will be more technically adept service personnel to deal with my car. I do get great service (only at one ASC here in Hyderabad) but I am scared to think what I will do if I need to visit the service center in another city. - Sure you will get it, don't worry.

Secondly, I hope that there will be a few more quality accessories that are compatible with my car - Like???
Old 22nd May 2014, 19:51   #439
KRN
BHPian

I have been waiting for an automatic to replace my 8.5 year old Swift. I have been closely watching the Honda City launch and threads, but frankly it doesn't excite me as much as the Swift did when I booked it in 2005.

The Ciaz seems a bit more exciting and I am hoping that it is worth the wait and a better pick than the City!
Old 23rd May 2014, 07:10   #440
BHPian

Quote:

Anything missing guy's?
+ better quality interiors and body( Benchmark - Vento). 99% Maruti will disappoint on this factor.
Rattle less interiors - Cant a buyer in this premium segment expect it.
Service - Will it be treated as any other car in service centers?
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:56   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
+ better quality interiors and body( Benchmark - Vento). 99% Maruti will disappoint on this factor.
Rattle less interiors - Cant a buyer in this premium segment expect it.
Service - Will it be treated as any other car in service centers?
This can be a point of debate. You can't expected Vento quality & body in Maruti car. Both companies have totally different genes. If Maruti tries to give that, cost of their car will increase which surely they don't want to do. Interior quality, yes, they can improve. Anything over current Swift/Dzire interior in terms of quality will be good. As far as service is concerned, i guess most people are happy with it including me. They don't give any special treatment as such, but they definitely treat you in a better way. Service from Maruti is always satisfactory (almost ).

Last edited by aniketi : 23rd May 2014 at 12:01.
Old 23rd May 2014, 21:25   #442
BHPian

Quote:
They don't give any special treatment as such, but they definitely treat you in a better way. Service from Maruti is always satisfactory (almost ).
This is where i would say maruti is lagging slightly behind VW. I had seen in 2 maruti service centers, they are not changing the engine oil completely during services. When the oil draining complets 80%( wehn it starts coming out like a thread) mechanic put new gasket and fill new oil. And they charge for full capacity of engine. VW, on the other hand charge for full oil and give the remaining to customer. Minor niggling issues, Maruti will never take care. Always they will say this is common in all cars. Infact they have 100s of cars waiting for service and dont have time to do it. How they are going to give some special attention to this premium customers(Grant vitara from past history). I had seen and heared stories of VW SCs taking care of all issues even small niggles. Maintenance wise these will be in same range. Resale value will also be similar. Anyways sale of this car will be higher as it will be a maruti. But the expectations should be less compared to competitors.
Old 24th May 2014, 18:22   #443
Senior - BHPian

Maruti will try to stick to its core of providing a VFM product. I don't think the are too worried about VW. They will have the City and the Verna in their sights. The VW and Skoda products are dated and move only on the basis of discounts.

As a long time MSIL customer I have come to appreciate their service. The service levels they manage to deliver, despite the humongous number of vehicles they sell is truly exceptional. Like in case of every manufacturer, there are some service outlets that are better than the others. The large no of MSIL service points give the customers a choice which is not really the case with other brands. I have never have to face any part stock out issues as well as is a common problem with other manufacturers.

What MSIL needs is a product which stands out and has the X factor. Except for the Swift, most MSIL products have lacked the excitement. In a way they have been in India what a Toyota is in international markets. No non sense low maintenance cars that excise a few but offend no one.

With the new City and Verna, MSIL will have to pull out all stops to make the Ciaz a success.
Old 25th May 2014, 00:25   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
What MSIL needs is a product which stands out and has the X factor. Except for the Swift, most MSIL products have lacked the excitement.

With the new City and Verna, MSIL will have to pull out all stops to make the Ciaz a success.
You would be very wrong here. I believe that the Swift, Grand Vitara, SX4, A-Star and Kizashi, essentially all their global cars, have the x-factor. After having driven the Celerio in manual ZXi guise, I find that to be quite a chirpy car too. No comments on the Altos, Wagon R, Ertiga etc.
It is a different matter that only a couple of the cars that have real zest and character to them, sell in large numbers. However, that does not mean that such models do not exist or have not (remember the Zen, Baleno) existed in their portfolio.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 25th May 2014 at 00:27.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 16:02   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

No AMT for Maruti Ciaz.

Probable CVT-equipped Ciaz will help Maruti match Honda City auto's specifications.
Quote:
The AMT is considered to be a ‘poor man’s automatic’, which could dent the premium image of the Ciaz, which will likely rival the likes of the Honda City (CVT-equipped) and Hyundai Verna (four-speed torque convertor).
Quote:
While the same sedan in China (named the Alivio there) is equipped with a six-speed torque convertor, in India, Maruti is expected to furnish it with a CVT transmission. This move will also help Maruti match specifications with the Honda City auto; the Ciaz’s strongest rival. The AMT ‘box is also a bit jerky to drive and lacks the smoothness of a traditional automatic
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...az-386497.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th May 2014 at 16:04.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 17:52   #446
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
No AMT for Maruti Ciaz.

Probable CVT-equipped Ciaz .....

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...az-386497.aspx

Are we getting a Diesel Auto also ?? Or is it just for the petrol engine ??
Old 26th May 2014, 18:00   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
You would be very wrong here. I believe that the Swift, Grand Vitara, SX4, A-Star and Kizashi, essentially all their global cars, have the x-factor. After having driven the Celerio in manual ZXi guise, I find that to be quite a chirpy car too. No comments on the Altos, Wagon R, Ertiga etc.
It is a different matter that only a couple of the cars that have real zest and character to them, sell in large numbers. However, that does not mean that such models do not exist or have not (remember the Zen, Baleno) existed in their portfolio.
The SX4 and Kizashi sure had the X factor or the flair. However, soon after it was launched, competitors launched better products which made these products look ordinary in comparison (SX 4 had very strong initial sales in the first year which petered out when Honda launched the City . The Hyundai and VW / Skoda offered the Diesel options from day 1. Maruti took its time to launch the Diesel variants which ere good but probably not great in comparison to what the other players.

Kizashi was a high priced CBU with a petrol power-plant and came at a time when the market had moved towards decisively in favour of Diesel.

A Star was low on space and did not offer to much value in comparison with the Alto .

The grand Vitara was again a Petrol SUV in a market which wanted Diesel.
Old 26th May 2014, 18:19   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Kizashi was a high priced CBU with a petrol power-plant and came at a time when the market had moved towards decisively in favour of Diesel.

A Star was low on space and did not offer to much value in comparison with the Alto .

The grand Vitara was again a Petrol SUV in a market which wanted Diesel.
Never argued that these products sold well did I? Please re-read my post; "It is a different matter that only a couple of the cars that have real zest and character to them, sell in large numbers. However, that does not mean that such models do not exist or have not existed in their portfolio." I Merely responded to your claim that Suzuki did not add a little X-Factor to their cars here in India and I clearly stated that it was a different matter that only few such cars sold well but that didn't mean they didn't exist

Last edited by IshaanIan : 26th May 2014 at 18:39.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 11:37   #449
Senior - BHPian

Ciaz will not come with AMT. Good move I guess.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/05/m...not-amt-131291

In this segment, AMT is not a good option. MUL realized that and will not launch it. Fully automatic with 5 speed gearbox can be a good option.

On a different note, why Maruti didn't use name Esteem for this car? It is better than Ciaz for sure. Esteem was very successful car for MUL for years and it started luxury segment for them. This car could start that again for Maruti, then why not?
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 11:47   #450
BHPian

Quote:
On a different note, why Maruti didn't use name Esteem for this car? It is better than Ciaz for sure. Esteem was very successful car for MUL for years and it started luxury segment for them. This car could start that again for Maruti, then why not?
Esteem = cheaper sedan - replaced by Dzire
Baleno = costlier sedan - replaced by SX4

So by that logic, they should name it Baleno!

BTW, the Esteem was sold as Swift in some markets
amolbh is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks