Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2013, 22:54   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Audi A3 sedan caught testing EDIT: Launched at INR 22.95 lakhs

Been highly delayed with the pic, but finally got time to upload one...
Those who wish to see the car in flesh, it is seen daily at Sion-Chunabhatti stretch at 9 AM sharp daily
Attached Thumbnails
Audi A3 sedan caught testing EDIT: Launched at INR 22.95 lakhs-a3.jpg  

///RMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 23:44   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi is making a smart move by getting a lower cost sedan in while the rivals are getting only hatches.
My hunch is that the lower powered 2.0tdi that Audi just discontinued on the A4 for a 178bhp one will make it to the A3.
MBIL should line-up the CLA soon to take on the A3 sedan
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 00:55   #18
BHPian

I was just researching this car as i was considering the A Class and happened upon the Audi USA page.

In that, they've mentioned that even this car is available with Full LED Headlights. Is it really possible that we, also, might get this feature in India?
Old 2nd October 2013, 01:42   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
I was just researching this car as i was considering the A Class and happened upon the Audi USA page.

In that, they've mentioned that even this car is available with Full LED Headlights. Is it really possible that we, also, might get this feature in India?
I highly doubt it as they usually keep these features only for higher end models to keep the uniqueness. Currently the A6,A8 and R8 offer it as an option. Even if it does come for the A3 it would be very expensive or be available on the highest end model which would cost almost as much as the A4. They ought to offer it on the A4 too then.
From the spy pics it seems they aren't even offering LED tail lamps which I think should defiantly be a part of the standard kit.

I was expecting this car to be launched by Diwali to take advantage of the festive season but I guess not.
Old 2nd October 2013, 01:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I highly doubt it as they usually keep these features only for higher end models to keep the uniqueness. Currently the A6,A8 and R8 offer it as an option. Even if it does come for the A3 it would be very expensive or be available on the highest end model which would cost almost as much as the A4. They ought to offer it on the A4 too then. From the spy pics it seems they aren't even offering LED tail lamps which I think should defiantly be a part of the standard kit. I was expecting this car to be launched by Diwali to take advantage of the festive season but I guess not.
I see your point. But then I would definitely go for it if it were available as an option.

And regarding the launch, I remember seeing a Car and Bike Show episode where Michael Perschke said in an interview that they were in no hurry to launch any product in the compact luxury segment as of now. They will launch it but after they've seen the response to the A class and the 1 Series(which I personally feel is one of the ugliest vehicles I've ever seen!).
Old 1st November 2013, 17:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the same black A3 sedan today. Must say that the it definitely looks like a shrunken A4 on initial impression but looks way more chic that the Vento or any car in its size segment. The car left me extremely impressed with its looks and there was not 1 angle of the car that did not exude elegance.

I don't know about where it would be positioned but the A class has finally got a car to match its external appeal - A3 sedan. With the launch of the CLA, the 20-30 lakh cars will have some really worthy contenders for a crown at a beauty pageant for cars.
Old 1st November 2013, 17:58   #22
BHPian

The good thing with Audi is that their low level models really look quite similar to their high end ones. I have seen the A3 hatch in UK a lot of times and to the untrained eye it really looks like bits of the A6 or the A4, which would dwell well for the prespective owners of the A3.

I kinda agree with Sahil's observation. Putting a boot on a hatch back completes the look for us Indian's. That and the competitive price made more so by the notorious Audi discounts will make this car quite the contender.

I wonder what the future holds for the Accords and Camry's of this world, in India at least?
Old 1st November 2013, 18:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
The good thing with Audi is that their low level models really look quite similar to their high end ones. I have seen the A3 hatch in UK a lot of times and to the untrained eye it really looks like bits of the A6 or the A4, which would dwell well for the prespective owners of the A3. I kinda agree with Sahil's observation. Putting a boot on a hatch back completes the look for us Indian's. That and the competitive price made more so by the notorious Audi discounts will make this car quite the contender. I wonder what the future holds for the Accords and Camry's of this world, in India at least?

I also love the A3. Look at this old one in the pic. Even this old gen one is so cool and so desirable. There were quite a few of these that I saw on our recent trip to Northern Europe. They must be at least 6 years old and appear to be still going nice and strong. Since it is parked right next to its bigger brother there is a nice comparo point!

Audi A3 sedan caught testing EDIT: Launched at INR 22.95 lakhs-image1263926207.jpg

Last edited by shankar.balan : 1st November 2013 at 18:32.
Old 5th November 2013, 12:41   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi A3 to take on its Other German rivals!

Audi is speculated to lauch the A3 lower than its current range - the entry-level sedan A4, it will also be cheaper than its compact crossover Q3.
Quote:
The A3 sedan is expected to be priced between Rs. 23-30 lakh
http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/...1-1147165.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 17:30   #25
BHPian

I've been seeing this car almost daily at Shivaji Park, on Cadell Road around 7.30 am. One day its the A8L, other day the A3. They seem to have a fixed route and timing.
Old 7th November 2013, 16:10   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi A3 sedan spied again - a clearer pic. The A3 sedan which is expected to make its debut at the 2014 Auto Expo.

Audi A3 sedan caught testing EDIT: Launched at INR 22.95 lakhs-d15de03476f3759401e6286294ef01da_555x416_1.jpg

Quote:
Globally, the A3 sedan is available with a choice of two petrol and one diesel engine - 1.4-litre and 1.8-litre TFSI petrol and a 2-litre TDI diesel unit. Expect Audi India to bring the smaller 1.4-litre version with 140PS of power and the 2-litre diesel version with 150PS of power and a healthy 320Nm of torque.
http://www.oncars.in/car-news/upcomi...-in-india/4991
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 19:09   #27
BHPian

Spotted this A3 a couple of days ago on Peddar Road.
Attached Thumbnails
Audi A3 sedan caught testing EDIT: Launched at INR 22.95 lakhs-image1247268082.jpg  

carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 19:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Spotted this A3 a couple of days ago on Peddar Road.
So it's evident that there are 2 different A3s being tested. I wonder which car has the 69 plate, maybe the A8L?
Old 7th December 2013, 21:44   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post

So it's evident that there are 2 different A3s being tested. I wonder which car has the 69 plate, maybe the A8L?
There are 3 AFAIK.
Brown is what I had seen and clicked.
There's another which is deep blue/black.
And a friend says he's seen a white too in the suburbs.
Old 11th December 2013, 09:56   #30
BHPian

This Audi is going to sell in good numbers; they just need to price it well. It looks really good. The lines are very nicely done, and the design is awesome. This being a sedan gives it advantage over the A Class and the 1 series. If they price it well, it's going to sell in good numbers. No direct competition yet, until the CLA arrives.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks