Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2014, 11:40   #31
BHPian

Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014?

As per the brochure on Motorbeam

http://www.motorbeam.com/wp-content/...re-Details.jpg

The new Fiesta will only be offered in the Diesel Engine option.
No Petrol model in the offering

Strange for Ford to not offer PL in the new Fiesta.
At least using the low price points (a common strategy that all OEs have resorted to) they could attract customers to their showroom, now that will be missing.
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:26   #32
BHPian

I was expecting that they would introduce 1 liter eco-boost engine with DCT to enthrall the enthusiasts and 1.5 liter tdci with VGT for better performance and mileage. I mean why would you launch a car meant for enthusiast with such mediocre engines. all those racy looks , boron steel , stiff suspension , EPAS with pull drift compensation for a "stupid 90 bhp laggard of an engine"

Last edited by noopster : 11th June 2014 at 15:18. Reason: Please be civil in your posting habits
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
I mean why would you launch a car meant for enthusiast with such mediocre engines. all those racy looks , boron steel , stiff suspension , EPAS with pull drift compensation for a "stupid 90 bhp laggard of an engine"
Just a quick question? Have you had a first hand experience of driving the Diesel Fiesta? Admitted that its not a scorcher, but doesn't seem too much of a laggard also. The car IMHO is pretty well balanced for a lot of things.
1100D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Just a quick question? Have you had a first hand experience of driving the Diesel Fiesta? Admitted that its not a scorcher, but doesn't seem too much of a laggard also. The car IMHO is pretty well balanced for a lot of things.
Yes i have driven it , infact test driven TDCi version 2-3 times and once back to back with veto tdi.

The thing is that when one compares fiesta with vento tdi , fiesta feels slower and it actually is and the fact is that the chassis and suspension setup is so brilliant that the lack to power seems more evident.
i clearly felt that the car had high capabilities only restricted by its engine.

no offence but its acceleration felt similar to SX4 ddis which my uncle owns and the linea t-jet which I own is much faster than the fiesta petrol.
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:37   #35
VMB
BHPian

Spotted Fiesta Facelifted :)

Spotten Fiesta Facelifted on my way back from Trichy. It gave tough time to my Italian girl friend Fiat Linea!
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-fiesta-1.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-fiesta-2.jpg  

VMB is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:11   #36
BHPian

Re: Spotted Fiesta Facelifted :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMB View Post
Spotten Fiesta Facelifted on my way back from Trichy. It gave tough time to my Italian girl friend Fiat Linea!
Isn't the ecosport, like the fiesta sedan, based on the european hatch platform? Now I am not sure whether the wheelbase differs in one or both from the hatch but I have to say from my examination of the ecosport that it is both too narrow and too tight in legroom in the rear for the price Ford is asking.

The sedan is also for the same reason extremely awkward looking in the last quarter. I know and believe that size isn't always the main consideration and yet i'd say Ford needs to price the fiesta sedan at a discount to say the city, the vento and the Linea for reasons of deficient size and interior space.
Old 3rd April 2014, 14:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
I was expecting that they would introduce 1 liter eco-boost engine with DCT to enthrall the enthusiasts
With Fiesta pulling out of the petrol segment there is only one car that matches the Ecoboost/DCT combo - the Vento TSI with the 1.2 TSI and DSG powertrain. It's no wonder that they are sold as soon as they arrive at the showroom.
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:40   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The rear looks so much better now! Though I would have loved the front end design to be retained!

You Linea is an MJD? Any pointers on the speeds maintained?
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

Ford is doing the right thing by avoiding the petrol version, no one was interested in it and the Ecoboost has takers overseas those net Ford better margins too. The diesel may not be a racer, but its certainly much more refined than the multijet and the fuel economy is brilliant. High speed driving does not include the tractor noise that you have to put up with in a Fiat, the kit levels were pretty decent too. The BMW 5 itself doesn't have a petrol option, who is in line to get the petrol version of a barely ran car that carries the baggage of being a flop.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:23   #40
VMB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

You Linea is an MJD? Any pointers on the speeds maintained?
Yes, Mine is MJD. I usually drive at 80-100km/hr in highways.

Mod Note: Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th April 2014 at 11:01.
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:50   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Pretty strange that they are only going to offer diesel option. Especially in today's scenario where the diesel dominance has somewhat reduced. I am sure that the 1.5 Petrol with manual and DCT will find many takers. And the Ecoboost + DCT will be an awesome proposition for folks looking for a good performing AT. Today the Vento TSI is the best performing AT out there but is bogged down by the VW perception and DSG concerns. The Honda CVT is a good car in all aspects but from performance perspective a CVT is not probably not as good as a DSG. Ford with a Dual Clutch Auto, 10 yr warranty on the DCT and generally positive reliability would have been the best of both worlds for a lot of people.

It is almost as if Ford is afraid to sell too many cars
Old 3rd April 2014, 21:32   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Mine is MJD. I usually drive at 80-100km/hr in highways....
I was asking about the speeds at which the Fiesta was tailgating you.
Old 3rd April 2014, 21:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Why is Ford launching the facelift when it can't deliver the Ecosport in Time? They have serious capacity constraints, i mean serious !
What if people take a fancy for the new fiesta, would people be willing to wait a year for delivery, oh sorry wait a minute, its 18 months of waiting for the Ecosport! This car has flopped once, it will flop again if they don't deliver large quantities in the first few months to attain momentum.
Old 4th April 2014, 00:30   #44
VMB
BHPian

Mod Note:Post deleted. Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th April 2014 at 11:02.
VMB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 08:18   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Why is Ford launching the facelift when it can't deliver the Ecosport in Time? They have serious capacity constraints, i mean serious !
What if people take a fancy for the new fiesta, would people be willing to wait a year for delivery, oh sorry wait a minute, its 18 months of waiting for the Ecosport! This car has flopped once, it will flop again if they don't deliver large quantities in the first few months to attain momentum.
The Ecosport is being produced in good quantity, the only issue is the exports are higher. They do have constraints on the Ecoboost and the Automatic as the local content is low.
With Figo sales having dropped from its all time high, I see that they would have enough production capacity to handle and deliver the New Fiesta Diesel version.
Its all a matter of pricing and features, hope they retain the top trim features like Sync and Cruise control.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks