Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2014, 04:56   #61
BHPian

Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Edit: One area they definitely need to improve is the plastics. I thought my Linea had the worst plastics in the segment. Only when I sat in the Fiesta did I get some consolation.
That was a major mis-reading of the median Indian car buyers' priorities when spending even 6 lakhs+ let alone 8-10lakhs+ by both Ford with the recent Fiesta and by Fiat when they launched the Linea five years ago. They completely failed to take into account the fact most potential buyers did not and still don't totally 'get' the 'value' of tough build-ride-handling-steering, and so both cars failed to get their due credit via sales, though the Linea sold much better througout the last five years than the Ford Fiesta which, sadly, whatever its flaws, just BOMBED.

The new Linea's dashboard plastics are of a different order of quality, Ford too has surely learned this lesson with this upcoming Fiesta version?
Old 18th May 2014, 07:59   #62
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Am I seeing two reversing lights in the new model?.
+1. I agree. Two reverse lights are a must on any car. How much does it save by cutting a reverse light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
And the market particularly dislikes Ford petrols. .......The 1.0 Eco-boost probably wouldn't make economic sense for Ford.
Edit: One area they definitely need to improve is the plastics. I thought my Linea had the worst plastics in the segment. Only when I sat in the Fiesta did I get some consolation.
The general belief is that ford petrols are thirsty.

Sorry but I disagree on the point about ecoboost. Ford has a lot riding on that engine. The ecoboost is a new generation direct injection petrol. Ford, please price the ecoboost significantly less than the diesel, we have a deal.

Forget plastics, the backseat is the worst by a big margin.
Old 26th May 2014, 09:40   #63
BHPian

Called up Metro Ford in Bangalore who said that the launch should happen in a week or two.
nvramsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 14:38   #64
Senior - BHPian

As per ACI's report, the Fiesta will be launched with diesel mill only, with the petrol variants being added at later stage. Here is link to their report:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ly-386882.aspx
Old 29th May 2014, 15:12   #65
BHPian

I am still unable to digest the rear-end design. It looks really weird and disproportionate. The front end though looks pretty nice. Drove the Fusion this time when I was overseas and it was quite fun. And it was loaded to the gills. (Avis does provide some nice cars)

I am happy they are selecting their playground and not trying to be all they can be. The petrol sales figures themselves speak to their decision. In that price bracket (assuming it will be below 10L OTR), the diesel variants outsell their petrol counterparts by a huge margin.
Old 29th May 2014, 17:50   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
As per ACI's report, the Fiesta will be launched with diesel mill only, with the petrol variants being added at later stage.
This was disclosed on Team-BHP back in February.
Ford @ Auto Expo 2014
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 18:32   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2014 Fiesta has been spotted at a Ford dealership in Kerala. Launch should be around the corner now (within the 15th, I assume).

The front looks great with that lovely Aston Martin-esque grille flowing into the headlamp sections, but the rear continues to be as bland as before. Swell-looking alloys!!

Interiors seem much better and upmarket in their tri-tone look.

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-10465847_10152905366238047_2127986696_o.jpg

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-10459937_10152905366068047_192393609_o.jpg

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-10415924_10152905365913047_902268540_o.jpg

Pics courtesy - Saju Kuruvilla @ Ford EcoSport Group on Facebook

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th June 2014 at 18:33.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 18:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

I am shocked to see New Fiesta numbers. Ford has sold only 1 in last 6 months it seems. Its a super duper flop i would say. Why Ford is launching it again? Any use? BIG NO IMHO. Just a waste of time & money. Better they increase the production of EcoSport, at least it will sell. I doubt if this new model will even sell in triple digits.

Once flop, its a flop, a permanent flop. We have many such examples, still Ford want to take a chance i guess. Grow up Ford, you can do better than this.
Old 10th June 2014, 19:01   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

The front end looks killer! Sadly alloy wheel design doesn't suit the car. Also the rear has been neglected. The engine should get some performance tweaks, along with an automatic for the diesel. The Germans are set to come with quite a few changes to their sedans soon, ford must incorporate these changes to win over the competition.
Old 11th June 2014, 10:47   #70
Senior - BHPian

Ford stopped production of the New Fiesta before October 2013 if I remember it right. Hence the number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I am shocked to see New Fiesta numbers. Ford has sold only 1 in last 6 months it seems. Its a super duper flop i would say.
They know they killed it, now they are trying to give it life. Have to wait and see how this goes if the pricing is set right!

Quote:
Why Ford is launching it again? Any use? BIG NO IMHO. Just a waste of time & money. Better they increase the production of EcoSport, at least it will sell. I doubt if this new model will even sell in triple digits.

Once flop, its a flop, a permanent flop. We have many such examples, still Ford want to take a chance i guess. Grow up Ford, you can do better than this.
anachronix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 11:25   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
They know they killed it, now they are trying to give it life. Have to wait and see how this goes if the pricing is set right!
I really doubt on that. Do you really think Ford has any chance now? No way .. When there are so many other good cars like new City, Verna, Vento, Linea, etc who will buy this non performing, flop car? If you have to buy one, will you buy it? I doubt. If i am there in the market for new sedan, i will never buy this. I can think of new Linea or new City but surely not Fiesta which is flop from day one. Resale will be a disaster for sure.

Last edited by aniketi : 11th June 2014 at 11:27.
Old 11th June 2014, 11:55   #72
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Well, I guess that is what Ford is trying to change with this release, the markets perception of the new Fiesta.
If the pricing is right , I don't see any reason why this car would continue to be a flop.
Of course it may never reach City/Verna figures, but it is capable of doing better than what it was before.

The overall package is good, very similar to the EcoSport, and a lot depends on what the buyer is looking for.
If I am in the market for this segment, I would for sure go for this over Verna/Vento.
I own a petrol Figo, so. Not that I am a brand loyalist, because of the fact that a petrol Ford has no resale value and enjoying a well set up car is more important to me than re-sale.

Last edited by tharian : 11th June 2014 at 12:04.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 13:06   #73
Senior - BHPian

The one thing this car has many cars would love to have is driver involvement.

The only drawback this car has is space.

Hence Ford has to compulsarily play the price card.

Also like I mentioned in the other thread. They need to give this sedan the 1.0 liter ecoboost engine. It has the Fuel efficiency to match the competition with a class leading power on paper. Not the forget the sops from the govt for a 1L engine.

This one is going to be an interesting case to watch out for.

PS: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ml#post3318021

Last edited by devarshi84 : 11th June 2014 at 13:07.
Old 11th June 2014, 14:04   #74
Senior - BHPian

Its not like we agree on 'No chance now for Ford to revive a market dud' and the market reacts to us. Its making a come back, we can only wait and see.

Its a good package but Ford killed it with the pricing blunder. It was built so well, refined and it also had the best EPS setup ever in that segment.

Quote:
I really doubt on that. Do you really think Ford has any chance now? No way .. When there are so many other good cars like new City, Verna, Vento, Linea, etc who will buy this non performing, flop car?
Well, I am in the market for a car and I have shortlisted only 2 so far. The New Fiesta and a Jetta!

Quote:
If you have to buy one, will you buy it? I doubt. If i am there in the market for new sedan, i will never buy this. I can think of new Linea or new City but surely not Fiesta which is flop from day one.
If I am really worried about resale, I cannot buy anything apart from a Maruti. But I love my life more than my car's resale value, I also plan to keep my cars for at least 5 years, after which the resale value wouldn't matter much.

Quote:
Resale will be a disaster for sure.

Last edited by anachronix : 11th June 2014 at 14:05.
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 14:41   #75
BHPian

Good thing for Ford. The car looks very good IMHO. You look at the front and you have to go 'wow'. I am not sure if removing the Petrol variant is a good option, but more and more people like to buy Diesels so I guess Ford is simply going with the market.

The pricing needs to be right though. The Fiesta was never a bad car, the atrocious pricing made it highly overpriced.

Quote:
Resale will be a disaster for sure.
If you really want resale, you either have to buy a Maruti or at max a Hyundai. I believe even before you start suing the car, thinking about resale is just going over the top, but hey that's my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Well, I guess that is what Ford is trying to change with this release, the markets perception of the new Fiesta.
If the pricing is right , I don't see any reason why this car would continue to be a flop.
Completely agree there.
I also believe it might actually face some still competition from the New Figo sedan as well, even though both are in completely different segments. Since the launch of Ecosport, Ford has got a lot wiser. Interesting times ahead for sure.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks