Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2014, 15:23   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014?

Investment phase losses, have you heard of this statement anywhere? If not, read up the contents of the link that you posted.

Leave this thread alone for the 2014 beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Think before you comment please.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ord-honda.html

After reading through this link, you will get to know who is ill informed, Thanks.
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 15:28   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Investment phase losses, have you heard of this statement anywhere? If not, read up the contents of the link that you posted.

Leave this thread alone for the 2014 beauty
Losses are losses only. No company would like to be in loss after so many years in the market, right? After so many years also they are in loss, it shows their strategy is not working. I am sure this beauty will make sure that Ford will never come out of those losses

Leaving this thread for time being now, will catch up after few months only when results are out & known to all.
Old 17th June 2014, 15:54   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Oh boy..oh boy, the thread just got uglier. Let the car come, let the price be out, then we can have a clear picture. Person calling it a flop, request to him, please buy a H or an H and be happy. We are a different lot, and enjoy drivers cars, not sloppy handlers.
You cannot be more correct here. This car is just too good to be bashed like this.

There is just one new fiesta in our apartment, and god it looks great.
Old 17th June 2014, 16:07   #139
BHPian

Thanks Aniketi!!

You have been playing a Devil's Advocate and I must say, you have got a lot of people excited with your opinion. Hope that the New Refreshed Fiesta is indeed a success for ford, although its already proven that it is a capable driver's car in every sense.
MaNishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 17:12   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone got any tentative launch time? Would love to see how Ford prices this.
Old 17th June 2014, 18:20   #141
Senior - BHPian

Can we please understand whats with the obsession with the rear seat space? Granted its cramped, and so is the Linea's. The country's two bestselling cars also have terrible rear seat space and legroom. We need to understand, those who have been following Ford's products and cars and its target customers in general, Ford NEVER emphasized on rear seat as its USP for Fiesta. They always have been focusing in making mass market driver's cars with a tinch of gizmos thrown in, and also, their build quality have been fantastic for the price they charged. We have cars like sunny/scala, city for those who want backseat comfort. Like I said, companies are providing choices for different customers. If someone has X priority over Y, can pick up product Z or someone having Y priority over X can pick up product Z1. Thats how the market works in actual. Give choices, every customer will be happy. Its all on the marketing department on how they promote the USP to the target client. For once, we should look beyond "chaffeurs" and enjoy cars that we get to enjoy driving, in a country devoid of great driver's cars. I have driven this car's older version hell lot of times, and this remains the best driver's diesel sedan in the upper C segment. Its steering feel and body control is something that deserves a kudos to Ford for its tuning, for an EPS.
sidindica is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 18:42   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can we please understand whats with the obsession with the rear seat space? Granted its cramped, and so is the Linea's. The country's two bestselling cars also have terrible rear seat space and legroom. We need to understand, those who have been following Ford's products and cars and its target customers in general, Ford NEVER emphasized on rear seat as its USP for Fiesta. They always have been focusing in making mass market driver's cars with a tinch of gizmos thrown in, and also, their build quality have been fantastic for the price they charged. We have cars like sunny/scala, city for those who want backseat comfort. Like I said, companies are providing choices for different customers. If someone has X priority over Y, can pick up product Z or someone having Y priority over X can pick up product Z1. Thats how the market works in actual. Give choices, every customer will be happy. Its all on the marketing department on how they promote the USP to the target client. For once, we should look beyond "chaffeurs" and enjoy cars that we get to enjoy driving, in a country devoid of great driver's cars. I have driven this car's older version hell lot of times, and this remains the best driver's diesel sedan in the upper C segment. Its steering feel and body control is something that deserves a kudos to Ford for its tuning, for an EPS.
I cannot agree with you more. Most people who look for features or rear seat comfort have other options in the segment.

But some glaring mistakes made by Ford in its 2011 'Kinetic design' Fiesta mostly pertained to its rear: starting from an ugly rear to lack of door trim to exposed hooks on the folding armrest. When compared to its pre-decessor (now Classic), most buyers felt they were getting less for paying more. I firmly believe Ford will set those right in its coming model.
Old 17th June 2014, 19:36   #143
BHPian

If I'm not wrong this Fiesta is actually the best driver's car this side of 20 lac Rupees. And it actually beats the Linea Tjet even, when it comes to dynamics as seen in the Autocar Track Test in 2011 where it had a quicker lap time than the Linea TJet inspite of being the weaker car engine wise.

Last edited by avmaxfan : 17th June 2014 at 19:38.
Old 17th June 2014, 20:18   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Yeah it's Bobby da. But I was not sure he would like his name to be mentioned here. Had informed him about the post. You could have directly PMed me isn't it rather than posting publicly? . Anyway never mind.

P.S: He did get to drive the car and says the lower end is nothing much to write home about but the handling and driveability is impeccable. Mid range is pretty good. Waiting for team-bhp review.
Oops, Sorry if the post offended. It was not disrespect. so lets chill :-)
And yes few of the people I know were there at the media drive and as you said, lower end is nothing to write home about but is not bad either. Everyone though loved the straight line capabilities and the way she can take corners with ease impressed almost all of them.
Old 17th June 2014, 23:09   #145
Senior - BHPian

Autocar has released their video review of the 2014 Fiesta. Really glad to know that the EPS from the previous generation has been retained, but Ford could have worked on improving the rear seat space.

anachronix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 23:39   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
June 19th. Bookings and test drives will begin the same day. I have indications of a sub-8 lakh rupee price tag for the Trend variant. Ford has made it clear that it isn't looking for volumes and that they have the EcoSport for that. The emphasis is on driving pleasure and the Fiesta is purely for the enthusiast brigade.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 04:37   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaxfan View Post
If I'm not wrong this Fiesta is actually the best driver's car this side of 20 lac Rupees. And it actually beats the Linea Tjet even, when it comes to dynamics as seen in the Autocar Track Test in 2011 where it had a quicker lap time than the Linea TJet inspite of being the weaker car engine wise.

Listen don't get me wrong, I do very much like Ford and the Fiesta but it is not much of a contest between the Linea T-jet and the Fiesta.

The T-jet is much bigger, even its rear bench is leg-roomier, and broader, it is much better and subtly, cohesively good looking, and i am afraid the plastics on the Fiesta were atrocious, not to mention a fussy wierd dashboard design replete with bizarre design details.

And yes, the t-jet rides much better too, with steering and handling that are nearly as good as the Fiesta's, has way bigger ground clearance, bigger tyres and awesome brakes. Also: it is priced really well, and the Blue and Me application of Microsoft's voice recognition tech is better than in the Sync system.

Fiat offers the small MJD for the mileage conscious but also offers the T-jet for the 'brave'. Since the Fiesta is a great driver's car, meant for enthusiasts, why did Ford offer it with dull engines the first time, a mistake that they are only intensifying with this 90 hp diesel on the facelifted Fiesta.

So: either Ford are confused about who this car is targeted at, or they are, unlike Fiat, willing to betray their brand DNA/USP (sporty ride, handling, steering + good build).

This single dull-diesel relaunch/facelift just seems odd, then. Pending the pricing which, if very aggressive, would make the exercise worthwhile for Ford and for its customers.
Old 18th June 2014, 06:46   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Autocar has released their video review of the 2014 Fiesta.
Why is everyone complaining about the low end of the 1.5 TDCi? I felt the engine was very tractable below 2000 on the 2011 Fiesta or EcoSport.

Has there been some engine map change on this face-lift to boost the mid end and FE? Kartikeya talks about some drivetrain changes in the review though.
Old 18th June 2014, 08:26   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can we please understand whats with the obsession with the rear seat space? Granted its cramped, and so is the Linea's.
With respect to space:

I think on the new Fiesta it was more to do with that swooping line, which increased the perception of lack of space even more. While other tried curbing it with beige interiors, Fiesta went with duller colours. I hear that they are already changing that aspect.
Old 18th June 2014, 09:20   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Expect the launch by this month end.

I have a gut feel that this time the Pricing is surely going to rock the competitors. My guess is 8 -10 lakhs for the 3 trims SANS AT option
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks