Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2018, 12:37   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
The Safari is the large SUV in the current lineup and it is the Safari that the H7X should be replacing. The H5X should be the medium SUV which is currently an empty slot but was earlier occupied by the Sierra and to an extent the Sumo Grande. Hence I believe the H5X should be called the Sierra and the H7X the Safari though we have been hearing the name Merlin pop up from time to time as well.
I think price wise the H5X will be replacing Safari if at all. H7X will probably retail above Hexa. Tata would want to put the aspirational image of a SUV body shape to good use for getting some premium over Hexa.
Old 25th April 2018, 12:46   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I think price wise the H5X will be replacing Safari if at all. H7X will probably retail above Hexa.
+1.

Even I believe Tata's aiming to position H5X to compete with the Compass, Creta & possibly (and hopefully) Skoda's Kamiq.
On the other hand, H7X looks like a product to wrestle the Fortuner and the Endeavour.

I earnestly hope, it does NOT market it as a poor man's Rover directly, else it may suffer the same fate as the Nano.
sharktale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 13:48   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I think price wise the H5X will be replacing Safari if at all. H7X will probably retail above Hexa. Tata would want to put the aspirational image of a SUV body shape to good use for getting some premium over Hexa.
I agree on the pricing bit however I was looking at it from a positioning perspective. The have a compact SUV in the Nexon so the H5X will be the medium SUV and the H7X will be the large SUV. The Safari is the current large SUV they have so not from a price perspective but from that position in their line up that's where the H7X should be.

Coming to pricing anything above 20 lakh at launch will not bring them the volumes they are looking for. Our market is very price sensitive and after the Aria debacle I see Tata pricing their vehicles quite well.
Old 27th April 2018, 15:12   #454
BHPian

Tata H5X and 45X launch timeline revealed

Speaking to Times of India in Kolkata, PV business unit president Mayank Pareek said that Tata Motors will launch the H5X in the first quarter of next year while the premium 45X hatchback will be launched in the second half of next year.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 21:24   #455
BHPian

It doesn't look like Tata is probably going to position the H5X or the H7X in the premium segment if pricing is any indication. Yes there is always a benefit of local manufacturing vs CKD or lesser localization. But that difference can't be humongous. I'm guess the H7X will end up being priced lesser than the Hexa or the same and may not also be as premium as it. Hexa itself is questionable in certain areas on premium factor, so something below that may be even more mediocre. I think they are looking at volumes this time by offering the expectation of poor man's LR Discovery. I'm happy it will be priced aggressively but disappointed that the H7X may not prove to be premium enough to upgrade from an XUV.
Old 28th April 2018, 00:52   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUE_AANJANEY View Post
I'm guess the H7X will end up being priced lesser than the Hexa or the same and may not also be as premium as it. Hexa itself is questionable in certain areas on premium factor, so something below that may be even more mediocre. I think they are looking at volumes this time by offering the expectation of poor man's LR Discovery. I'm happy it will be priced aggressively but disappointed that the H7X may not prove to be premium enough to upgrade from an XUV.
The H7X is their new flagship and hence it will be above the Hexa but not by a big margin as there is a high chance of bad pricing killing it like the Aria.

This has to be the sweet spot as most SUVs above this mark have not been a success except for the Fortuner which I consider overpriced.The XUV is a crossover so will this being a butch SUV in itself not be an upgrade and looking at the Nexon I think Tata is going to pack their flagship with enough goodies to match the XUV if not best it.
nainan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2018, 22:47   #457
BHPian

In my opinion, HX5 will replace the current generation Safari Storme/Safari. HX7 will become the new generation Hexa. Tata has said that they will move away from old platforms soon. Both Safari and Hexa are based on the same. Also, i feel Tata cant afford to go any higher than current Hexa's price levels given their current brand repute.
Old 30th April 2018, 07:57   #458
Senior - BHPian

So the H5X will look mostly like the one shown ? Tata is making great progress in interior quality and exterior design. But I hope they do take care of visibility, airiness feel etc in their vehicles. I am not worried on the comment about cheaper materials being used. I am sure it will still be a major step up for our market.

The seven seater will definitely have an impact on Hexa sales. Fortuner/Innova comparisons dont hold good for Tata. Private owners would gravitate more towards the SUV look.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 16:43   #459
BHPian

Many people are doubtful regarding the placement of H7X and Hexa. We have 2 possibilities:
1) H5X and H7X might be the new Safari and Hexa for Tata.
2) By the time H5X and H7X are launched the Safari and Hexa will be due for updates,will be 3-4 years old. As no huge launches happening in 2018 they might work on this in 2018. So all 4 of these will co-exist in differnt price point.

Hexa was a filler based on Aria when Tata decided to the start from scratch and went to drawing board. Tiago, Tigor and the Nexon would take time so to keep up the hardwork the Hexa was launched.
Old 30th April 2018, 17:11   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Many people are doubtful regarding the placement of H7X and Hexa.
IMO going by engine outputs there would be only one way. The H5X is supposed to be the ~140bhp 5 seater version whereas the H7X is the 7 seater 200bhp version. The H5X would slot against the Creta whereas the H7X would slot between the Hexa and Endeavour. Hexa would remain in between. I won't be surprised if the H7X is priced alongside the endy 3.2.
Old 30th April 2018, 18:12   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
IMO going by engine outputs there would be only one way. The H5X is supposed to be the ~140bhp 5 seater version whereas the H7X is the 7 seater 200bhp version. The H5X would slot against the Creta whereas the H7X would slot between the Hexa and Endeavour. Hexa would remain in between. I won't be surprised if the H7X is priced alongside the endy 3.2.
That is exactly what i feel as well. The H7X is definitely going to be priced above Hexa. Its base variant maybe close to the latter's top trim.

To those who feel TATA cannot price it more than Hexa due to the brand image, does it mean the company cannot and should not have products crossing the 20L mark EVER? If the products are good, then the customers will definitely understand the value it holds as it would speak for itself.

Its about time our home brands design and develop products in the higher price segments. If the brand cannot pull customers to buy such cars, they simply will have to work on improving their brand name rather than doing nothing and going in circles with cars under 20L.
Mahindra is doing it with the Tivoli. TATA has to do it from scratch. That's the only difference.
Old 30th April 2018, 21:20   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
To those who feel TATA cannot price it more than Hexa due to the brand image, does it mean the company cannot and should not have products crossing the 20L mark EVER? If the products are good, then the customers will definitely understand the value it holds as it would speak for itself.
No definitely not but building the brand is a gradual process. It wont happen overnight or with one product. The Endeavour is simply not selling well enough. The Compass priced well balanced against its brand value and the product value is selling like hot cakes. Tata should look at their brand value and their positioning and launch more premium products over time as they start making an impact. For now I feel a 7 seater at the 20 lakh roundabouts should be the right thing to do bringing in volumes and building the brand value
nainan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 19:22   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUE_AANJANEY View Post
I think they are looking at volumes this time by offering the expectation of poor man's LR Discovery. I'm happy it will be priced aggressively but disappointed that the H7X may not prove to be premium enough to upgrade from an XUV.
I dont think the XUV is that difficult a benchmark for Tata to beat. While the Mahindra is a decent value offering it's interior quality/feel is not exactly the best on close inspection. I'm pretty sure the New Tata offerings will be a generation ahead of the XUV platform, both inside and outside!
shortbread is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 21:41   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post

The Endy costs nearly 30-35 Lakhs! So why would H5X be priced at par with the Creta at say 12-15 Lakhs and the H7X at 35 Lakhs? Because it has 2 extra seats? How can one justify double the price of H7X vs the H5X? If the H5X is indeed the Creta Rival , then the H7X may be at around 20-25 Lakhs, at best and not more.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 23:58   #465
BHPian

I guess, we should stop discussing the pricing and positioning of these vehicles until at least announced for its launch!
The last 1 or 2 pages contain too much of assumptions and of unknown strategy.
kaviprem is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks