Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 19:12   #391
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Can't have enough of that rear!

This is one stunner I would like to wake up each morning to, and see it proudly standing in my garage and looking at the world.

It's official - I am cancelling my Nexon booking and saving up for the Tata H5X next year.

I have finally found my Creta replacement.
This is one stunning vehicle. This is something which one would want to own. This evokes emotions.

This was some quick decision-making on your part and hopefully, it will be worth it. Even TATA wouldn't have thought that they will get a customer within hours of the launch.
Amit_breakfree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 19:28   #392
BHPian

A question too early to ask, can H5X spawn a Mid Size Pickup for Tata?
Old 7th February 2018, 19:58   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
. This one on the other hand seems to have some kind of a console in the middle. My only point is that this is probably a 4 seater and not a 5 seater as the initial voices were projecting. Yes, very comfortable 4-seater it will be though.
Looking at the other pics on this page, I think there is a lot of concept-like elements at this stage. Even the exteriror looks have been guarded very well till today morning, and I expect the same for some more time with the interiors too. Let;s wait !
Old 7th February 2018, 20:05   #394
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

It's official - I am cancelling my Nexon booking and saving up for the Tata H5X next year.

I have finally found my Creta replacement.
Your Nexon was a pre booking no? Hadn't cancelled till now?

Good decision anyways. H5X has taken TATA miles ahead of Nexon. They are learning fast.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 20:12   #395
BHPian

I am expecting the front end style to remain more or less the same. The thin strip of white lights could be DRLs next to the main grill. The actual headlights could be housed in the cutouts with the triangular grill, similar to Citroen C4 and Jeep Cherokee.
damodar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 20:13   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Good decision anyways. H5X has taken TATA miles ahead of Nexon. They are learning fast.
Perhaps miles ahead of every other manufacturer. No mass-market car since the Nexon has been as well designed as this one. Even a cursory glance at the other "launches" at the expo paint a sorry picture about the innovation capability of other manufacturers. Since the Zest, Tata has been on a roll and it shows. Unfortunately, the stock price and sales have not caught up. I hope they do so soon.
Nissan1180 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 20:35   #397
BHPian

Am I missing something here. Is this not a concept of H5X ? Those thin line LED head lights make me think as if something is missing in the car. The complete touch enabled interiors and glossy finish which will be scratch magnets, claustrophobic rear window line and almost zero rear visibility are not according to my taste. I find huge similarity of this design to that of Toyota Fortuner touch screen edition, which really doesn't exist . Please pardon me, this is just my personal opinion. You might call me stupid, but I will call this design as over futuristic than expected.

Last edited by Hickstead : 7th February 2018 at 20:42.
Old 7th February 2018, 20:56   #398
BHPian

Am perhaps going against the tide, but isn't this design totally overdone and gawdy? Yes it has created an IMPACT but not in a nice way. In my personal opinion, this looks more like a Mahindra design - very busy, too many creases, and trying hard to be noticed. Worst is the front end is so soft (uncannily reminds me of the Sumo Grande).

Why cannot we have designs similar to the neat European designs ala Skoda Kodiaq?

Sorry Tata Motors, think you got the design wrong on the Nexon and this just takes that philosophy forward. It may be a futuristic, but probably a step too ahead of its time. ......or I am getting old faster than I would have imagined.
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 21:08   #399
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
You might call me stupid, but I will call this design as over futuristic than expected.
Whats this over futuristic ? Anything which you can’t imagine belonging currently is futuristic. There is nothing like over futuristic, its just we can’t imagine something like that. Here the Tata designers definitely deserve a pat, even though there seems like help from JLR team.

I haven’t seen anything as exciting as this Tata concept in the said price range even as concept. This one if gets launched as it is, it can be a game changer for Tata. I would be mortally terrified if I were a rival car maker. This one can spend shivers down ones spine. Right now I’m just gonna keep buying Tata Motors shares!
The Rationalist is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:01   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Am perhaps going against the tide, but isn't this design totally overdone and gawdy?
+1 to that. This definitely looks like Mahindra design. This evoked the same kind of feeling when I saw the XUV500 for the first time. Tata, please go back to the clean lines and smooth curves of your Impact 1 design. Cant believe this came from the same company who had designed the Tiago, Tigor and the Hexa.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:07   #401
srh
BHPian

In my opinion, Tata is clearly moving away from a couple of its traditional attributes - interior space and abuse friendly simple construction. This concept is hugely overdone in terms of styling and it prioritizes style over function (small glasshouse - poor rear visibility - too many complex external body panels - seat config etc)
srh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:24   #402
BHPian

Sorry, but I dont see anything overdone in this design.

It is a futuristic design with a mix of TML traditional SUV and JLR design philosophy. The design is eye catching and hasn't gone overboard.

TML has burned its fingers with very minimal design philosophy like Safari Storme, Aria etc. They look boxy and are not futuristic.

If they are able to keep the 90% of the concept design in production with top end 4x4 AT around 18 - 19 L On Road price.

Then they have definitely hit a home run.

I am looking for a price range from 10.5 - 16 L for 5 seater version and 12.3 - 18.5 L for 7 seater version.

-PK
pk_del is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:26   #403
Senior - BHPian

Here is link to official concept video

Last edited by Latheesh : 7th February 2018 at 22:29.
Latheesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:29   #404
BHPian

Simply fantastic! I am thrilled to see such a nice work done by an Indian company. I hope Tata doesn't deviate much from the concept even if it means a slightly premium price. This is truly groundbreaking as far as Indian design is considered.

I hope Tata brings back the Sierra name plate with this. ��
octane_100 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:47   #405
BHPian

Love this car inside out! Absolute master stroke from Tata! A stunning car to look at, a high-tech interior to be in. I hope the production vehicle is almost like this itself. And I also hope, the prices are kept in check. I wouldn’t want to pay a lot for a Tata vehicle unless the after sales is sorted. Keep it VFM, increase volumes and customer satisfaction and then eventually increase the price.

Can’t wait to see this brilliant piece of engineering on our roads. Good going, Tata. (Pun unintented)
The Brutailer is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks