Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2018, 08:53   #286
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs

Oh! I do hope the artist's impression here isn't too accurate. At least to my eyes, this looks more XUV500 & less derived from the Discovery...just my opinion. Guess it's a little to bulbous, at least this mock-up. Need to wait for the unveiling, I guess.
da_lowrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 09:41   #287
BHPian

Here’s another version of that impression done up in Blue
Source: Autocar
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs-379289a623b64008948b7912790d7279.jpeg  

Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 10:10   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
Oh! I do hope the artist's impression here isn't too accurate. At least to my eyes, this looks more XUV500 & less derived from the Discovery...just my opinion. Guess it's a little to bulbous, at least this mock-up. Need to wait for the unveiling, I guess.
The spy shots look much better and proportional compared to the rendering. The rendering is just pathetic .
Madhu_Bengaluru is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 11:28   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
And for me- I am out of here ! :( The model shown here lacks distinctiveness - it's too rounded and soft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
But then the rendering by Autocar makes it look very dull. Or is it that the person who rendered it did as the panels as plain as possible ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
Oh! I do hope the artist's impression here isn't too accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhu_Bengaluru View Post
The spy shots look much better and proportional compared to the rendering. The rendering is just pathetic .
Don't worry, guys. The end product is different than these renderings by ACI, which are soft, bland and rounded out. The artist is obviously influenced by the Nexon, Hexa & the XUV700's profiles and has followed the same lines.

Wait till the actual unveil of the Q50x at the Auto Expo. You are going to love the designing, trust me.
RavenAvi is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 11:49   #290
BHPian

Keeping the looks aside, 140HP 2.0l engine at the price point of Creta sounds like a great deal . Considering the interior space of TATA cars, this one would be much more spacious than Creta too. TATA should launch this model as soon as possible or at least much before Suzuki Vitara S.

Last edited by jaganpec2002 : 31st January 2018 at 11:55.
Old 31st January 2018, 11:57   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Interior spyshot & some more details, courtesy ACI.

Quote:
To keep costs down, many of the components are in the process of being localised and insiders say Tata engineers may even alter bits to make them more suitable for our conditions and roads. Some of the expensive aluminium sections and parts will be substituted with more affordable and robust steel members.
The manufacturer decided to go with Fiat’s 2.0 Multijet diesel, already seen under the hood of the Jeep Compass. The advantage of this engine is that it is already heavily localised and in production at Fiat’s high-tech facility in Ranjangaon. So it is capable, comparatively affordable and a known quantity. The engine isn’t the most silent unit around, but like all Fiat diesels, it is very efficient and has a punchy mid-range which should make it fun to drive.
Also on the cards is ZF’s soon to be locally produced nine-speed automatic transmission, a gearbox Jeep will also use in the Compass. Known as the 9HP, this gearbox has been designed to work along with a four-wheel-drive system from scratch. Only 1/4 of an inch longer than a regular six-speed automatic, this gearbox is also used in the Discovery Sport, making things easier engineering-wise. Tata, however, will use its own 4x4 system and not one taken from Land Rover. This again has been done to keep costs down, but those who drive in mud, slush, sand and snow will surely miss the tried-and-tested LR system.
Where Tata has managed to pull the rabbit out of the hat is in keeping the weight of the car down; this is despite the reduction in the use of lightweight aluminium. Tata insiders say kerb weight is unlikely to exceed 1,650kg and that’s quite impressive for a vehicle of this size.
And there’s likely to be a bit more space in the third row as compared to the Discovery Sport too; Tata has reportedly used smart packaging and the inherent ‘theatre seating’ of the platform to good effect. Unlike the Compass that is a bit narrow in the rear, the Harrier is expected to be extremely wide and roomy in the back. And in keeping with the focus on the rear of the cabin, ride comfort is expected to be class leading as well, with the H5 using large 19-inch wheels and wide MRF Wanderer tyres, similar to those used on the Hexa.
Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs-tatah5interior_spyshot.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 16:15   #292
Senior - BHPian

the H5 using large 19-inch wheels and wide MRF Wanderer tyres,
Old 31st January 2018, 20:38   #293
BHPian

Apologies if this appears to be nitpicking for an otherwise exciting product-
Quote:
..despite the reduction in the use of lightweight aluminium. Tata insiders say kerb weight is unlikely to exceed 1,650kg and that’s quite impressive for a vehicle of this size.
I read this as "We've made it a less safer car now but don't worry! It isn't all that bad !"
Old 31st January 2018, 20:55   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post

I read this as "We've made it a less safer car now but don't worry! It isn't all that bad !"
Sorry, but safety never works that way. If heavier cars would be more safer, then the Scorpio and Tata Sumo should be pretty safe, which they actually are not.

A car with huge seats, leaf spring suspension, hydraulic steering, a heavy exhaust, a massive 2.5L cast iron engine and bulky tyres, need not necessarily be safe.

Rather a much lighter car with well designed crumple zones that protect the cabin would be far safer than the former. It would also have much better active safety (prevention of a crash) due to lower weight, lesser momentum, shorter stopping distance, lesser probability of toppling, etc!
aravind.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 21:05   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post

I don't understand how can a lighter car be less safer? Almost all of the manufacturer follow this practice were in they reduce the weight of new generation car. BMW made in 2018 will always be lighter than 2016. Merc does it and the list goes on.
I do not think with the upcoming safety norms any manufacturer will compromise on the structural integrity when it comes to weight saving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
the H5 using large 19-inch wheels and wide MRF Wanderer tyres,
Any specific reason why this smiley? I love what Tata is doing here, they are not bothered about achieving higher Mileage. They are trying to stand out. Most of the manufactures are providing small tires to extract the fuel efficiency. But larger diameter will evolve the handling, stability or cornering ability. Yes it has downside of ride quality but then Hexa is not bad in terms of ride quality.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 21:26   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
I don't understand how can a lighter car be less safer?

Failed crash test: the heavier Scorpio

Lighter ones pass the test:
condor is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 21:47   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Failed crash test: the heavier Scorpio

Lighter ones pass the test:
Thanks for posting this Condor, I meant to imply heavier the car not always it means it is safer. We have cars in market which are lighter and way safer than the heavier ones.
Old 31st January 2018, 22:46   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Here’s another version of that impression done up in Blue
Source: Autocar
Yup, This is what i saw in Bangalore last week. This does look like a 5 seater version(Creta, Compass size) Front grill definitely matched this scoop pic
Old 31st January 2018, 22:48   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Any specific reason why this smiley? I love what Tata is doing here, they are not bothered about achieving higher Mileage. They are trying to stand out. Most of the manufactures are providing small tires to extract the fuel efficiency. But larger diameter will evolve the handling, stability or cornering ability. Yes it has downside of ride quality but then Hexa is not bad in terms of ride quality.
The MRF 19" tyres have quite a few reported cases of tyre damage and bursts supposedly due to poor pressure.
Tata has provided a field guidance to maintain higher pressure 36/38 f/r that then affects the ride quality with every small bump transmitting into the cabin.
Tata claims that this is the first time such a low profile tyre is provided in the industry and that owners must be careful how and where they drive.
Yes, they look amazing on the Hexa.
Old 31st January 2018, 22:50   #300
KMT
BHPian

Lets not forget this Tata is 6 to 7 year after the Mahindra XUV 5OO. They have really been asleep for 1 gen .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks