Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2016, 19:17   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOINGPOING View Post
we expect better build quality and finish.On road price of Nano is almost 3L. Even though the car is an utility one,are we getting value for three lacs?Just think for a minute,if the Toyota quality is given to Storme !
I am a happy Nano owner too
I believe new Gen Nano is many notches above old Nano in terms of quality, yes I agree Nano has got costlier. Do you feel Alto 800 has better quality at the price its offered?

Toyota Quality for Storme would be great, but I am sure it would cost way above 25 lacs then.
Old 25th July 2016, 19:17   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Disco Sport based Tata SUV

This is some really great news for Tata & hope they get it right this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post

With the new Q501 SUV, Tata is planning to rival the likes of Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.
BUT, The last time Tata attempted to deliver at the premium segment was when they introduced the Aria against the Innova & ended up overpricing it.

Aria wasnt a bad product but no way people were going to pay for it more than Innova.

Hence I seriously hope this product is priced competitively and doesnt cross Fortuner or Endeavours pricing.

Last edited by karan561 : 25th July 2016 at 19:19.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 20:30   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
BUT, The last time Tata attempted to deliver at the premium segment was when they introduced the Aria against the Innova & ended up overpricing it.
I think they have learned this time around. The interiors of the Zest/Bolt/Tiago etc are light years ahead of the older Tata vehicles. I think Tata realized that they have too many gremlins they need to handle before getting wider market acceptance. Think they are finally making an effort.
4x4addict is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 10:11   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Discovery Sport-based Tata Q501 exported to US for testing

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Tata Motors has been working on a flagship SUV, based on the Land Rover Discover Sport. Codenamed the Q501, this new SUV is expected to be launched in 2018. Tata Motors has now exported a few prototypes of the Q501 to the United States for testing purposes.

Powering the Tata Q501 will be a 2.0-litre MultiJet II diesel engine from Fiat that is expected to develop around 170 BHP. This engine is likely to be offered with both manual and automatic transmission options. The entry-level variants are expected to come with a two-wheel drive setup, while one or two top-end trims will come with an all-wheel drive system.

With the new Q501 SUV, Tata is planning to rival the likes of Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.

Attachment 1533422
HS code used for exporting (8708.22) fall under the category Of a cylinder capacity exceeding 1,000 cc but not exceeding 1,500 cc. So may be rival for Ecosport, Duster and Creta.
karthik naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 15:58   #140
BANNED

Pic of the Q501

Source; Cartoq
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs-image.jpeg  

VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 16:48   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Pic of the Q501

Source; Cartoq
Shouldnt you have posted this in the joke thread?Slap a tata logo on a Discovery and call it Q501!!

That image was taken from

http://autonetmagz.com/25939/25939/s...is-land-rover/

and the image was created by 'Hilarius Satrio' or something. Hilarious indeed!!
mallumowgli is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 17:32   #142
BHPian

Does any of you know the difference between Q501 & Q502? What will be the seating capacity? I have heard more about the engine on various blogs, but none describe the seating capacity.
If they are on the same platform, then one would have 5 seater option and going as SUV whereas the other may be a larger MPV.
For me it looks like what Bajaj has done with their Pulsar platform. Took over all the basics from Duke and built a cheaper value for money sports bike for asian markets.

I wish best luck to Tata..
Old 27th July 2016, 19:44   #143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Slap a tata logo on a Discovery and call it Q501!!
Heard of Badge engineering?

There are more than 320 cars all over the world that resort to this practice. And it's very common amongst car companies having the same owner.

Closer home, cars such as the Nissan Sunny / Renault Scala or the Nissan Micra / Renault Pulse or the Renault Duster / Nissan Terrano / Dacia Duster or the Rapid / Vento etc are some examples.

Some have changes to the engine / gearbox to make them cheaper while retaining the external and internal appearance.

And it looks like Tata may just do that as they are owner's of JLR.

Of course all this would be wrong if you made your statement as you were working for Tata's Design lab and you conclusively knew the answer having prototyped the Q501.
Old 27th July 2016, 21:07   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And it looks like Tata may just do that as they are owner's of JLR.

Of course all this would be wrong if you made your statement as you were working for Tata's Design lab and you conclusively knew the answer having prototyped the Q501.
Man, don't get all worked up - it was nothing against you. I was just pointing out that the website had taken an easy way out by just putting a Tata logo on a Discovery. Tata may use LR inputs, but I dont think they will use the same body, diluting the JLR brand

But if you think that the photo is a genuine one, then there is nothing more to say
mallumowgli is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 22:08   #145
BANNED

Not at all mate, was just clarifying the current situation.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 22:30   #146
Team-BHP Support

The export data shows "Test & Destruction".

Does this mean TATA is crash testing the new SUVs? That would be brilliant if the tests are done are results published for these cars before launch.
Old 27th July 2016, 23:23   #147
BHPian

^^ As far as I know, all manufactures crash test their products. It may be that the internal standards set for certifying a product as "road worthy" is different for different manufacturers. This is especially true for India since we do not have a standard crash test to adhere to. So even though this "Test & Destruction" thing makes us want to feel more confident about this product (because our forum members really do care for safety), it may very well be possible that this is just a basic crash test and may not confirm to modern day safety norms. But I wish I am wrong. Cheers.
Old 28th July 2016, 08:11   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
^^ As far as I know, all manufactures crash test their products. It may be that the internal standards set for certifying a product as "road worthy" is different for different manufacturers. This is especially true for India since we do not have a standard crash test to adhere to. So even though this "Test & Destruction" thing makes us want to feel more confident about this product (because our forum members really do care for safety), it may very well be possible that this is just a basic crash test and may not confirm to modern day safety norms. But I wish I am wrong. Cheers.
Not true. Tata motors is the only indian car maker which has a full range of crash testing facilities in their setup. So basic crash testing will be done in India only.
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 09:21   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pic of the Q501

Source; Cartoq
Notre Dame Cathedral in the background?
Old 10th August 2016, 20:38   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors is reportedly planning to launch an SUV and a premium sedan in the near future to sustain it's newly-found growth numbers in the Indian auto scene.

S N Burman, VP sales, passenger vehicles business, Tata Motors, also disclosed that the Tiago has become a big success by registering nearly 40,000 bookings since it's launch, and whose waiting period has stretched to 3 months now.

He was speaking on the occasion of Tata Motors rolling out an offer for the residents of Kerala to win a 1 BHK apartment for those who book a Tata car during the Onam period.

Quote:
"The SUVs are currently driving the car market. Though we have Tata Safari Storme in this category it hasn't caught the attention as much as Tiago and Zest.

Our growth is currently driven by Tiago and Zest, which have received very good response from the market. The booking for Tiago has touched 40,000 numbers with waiting period stretching to 3 months
."
ET
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks