Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 04:19   #751
BHPian

olive branch!

here goes the merry-go-round again..
predictions,doubts,accusations,deliberations,misun derstandings,theorizing,
thread closings and thread reopenings.
boy do we all love this place!
thats what team bhp is about:exchanging ideas,sharing information and respecting each others views.
peace brothers!

for those who can wait the 2.2 is round the corner!
for those who couldn't i offer no sympathies because i guess you're grinning and chuckling with the 3.0 anyway....

Last edited by doctorkats : 8th August 2007 at 04:21.
Old 8th August 2007, 05:11   #752
Senior - BHPian

If they kill the 3.0 then the new 2.2 should be priced the same as the old one, otherwise they won't be able to compete with the Scorpio...plus I dont think just a new engine is enough to catapult them into the next higher segment.
Old 8th August 2007, 14:15   #753
Senior - BHPian

They will not kill it, but keep the 3.0 at a lower price, but very difficult to even speculate on the prices of the 2.2 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
If they kill the 3.0 then the new 2.2 should be priced the same as the old one, otherwise they won't be able to compete with the Scorpio...plus I dont think just a new engine is enough to catapult them into the next higher segment.
Old 8th August 2007, 14:22   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
They will not kill it, but keep the 3.0 at a lower price, but very difficult to even speculate on the prices of the 2.2 though.

hmmm. The dealer in HYD told me that 3.0 production had stopped.
Anyhow we will know the clear picture at launch which going by the buzz is not far away.
Old 8th August 2007, 16:44   #755
Senior - BHPian

Ex Safari Owner

Hi Guys,

I owned a Safari from 98 to 2002. I drove the Dicor in Mumbai in 2004!! Almost a year before launch. It was a test mule in one of their facilities in Mumbai...drove it on Worli Sea face as well....get this.. you guys can get all the low down on the 2.2 by befriending someone who maintains their cars in mumbai. In the interest & safety of their emplyees I am afraid I cannot reveal names or locations...but I am sure some folks here may know what I am talking about. Personally I am not looking to buy the Safari, but I am sure one of you guys can land up their keep in touch with the folks...as cars keep coming from Pune...and as always these look no different on the ouside...best of luck

Nikhil
Old 9th August 2007, 11:38   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Anyhow we will know the clear picture at launch which going by the buzz is not far away.
Speculation: Independence Day, 15th Aug is a probable day for launch.

I remember TATA gifting a fleet of Safari's to the PM's security on the Republic Day, showcased on the Rajpath. I think thats how it was launched earlier.
Old 9th August 2007, 12:02   #757
BHPian

Wow, a great day to launch a great car, common, let it not be a speculation anymore.
Old 9th August 2007, 14:44   #758
Senior - BHPian

15th Aug would be the perfect launch date
Old 9th August 2007, 14:50   #759
BHPian

Just spoke to Dingra Motors in Gurgaon. The delivery of Safari VX 4X4 is still 10-15 days. I told them that I would like to book post 15th August and they were cool with it. In no hurry to get me to book immediately. when I finally asked about the new 2.2 ltr Safari, they said that that is only for the export market and not for India. If it is being launched then they do not want to reveal much. But I get a feeling that it will not happen this year. Again a speculation.

Can anyone check with their ad agency. I am sure they will be aware of it and it should not be very difficult to get the right info out. I guess it is O&M.
Old 9th August 2007, 15:00   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Just spoke to Dingra Motors in Gurgaon. The delivery of Safari VX 4X4 is still 10-15 days. I told them that I would like to book post 15th August and they were cool with it. In no hurry to get me to book immediately. when I finally asked about the new 2.2 ltr Safari, they said that that is only for the export market and not for India. If it is being launched then they do not want to reveal much. But I get a feeling that it will not happen this year. Again a speculation.

Can anyone check with their ad agency. I am sure they will be aware of it and it should not be very difficult to get the right info out. I guess it is O&M.
Now this is what I call bad news
Juda -- Do let us know if you hear of something.
Old 9th August 2007, 15:05   #761
Senior - BHPian

If you go through the past 4-5 pages of this thread, you will find enough evidence to support a Q2 launch, so it might be in August or September. TATA's have not and will never reveal the exact launch date of their new vehicles and no dealer will want to slow down their existing sale due to an upcoming new model. They will never spill the beans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post

Old 9th August 2007, 18:57   #762
Team-BHP Support

Upto now the most authentic info we have is from the Tatas themselves. In the recently concluded AGM they declared their annual outlook. There they have clearly mentioned amongst everything else about the impending launch of a 2.2ltr Safari in the Q2. So if they stick by their own declaration it has to be either this month or the next.
Old 9th August 2007, 19:30   #763
BHPian

Ok guys i need some help here ,was gonna book a safari Dicor this week but after reading this thread i decided to wait for the new 2.2 ltr safari But then i saw contury_road`s post , so now what should i do ?
Can anyone confirm wether it`ll be launched this month ? coz i can wait for a month but not more than that.

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th August 2007, 19:40   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiser View Post
Ok guys i need some help here ,was gonna book a safari Dicor this week but after reading this thread i decided to wait for the new 2.2 ltr safari But then i saw contury_road`s post , so now what should i do ?
Can anyone confirm wether it`ll be launched this month ? coz i can wait for a month but not more than that.

Thanks in advance.
So, wait for a month and then when you reach a situation that you can not wait any longer, buy whatever is available at that time.

What say?
Old 9th August 2007, 20:42   #765
BHPian

But what if i do wait for a month then go for the 3ltr dicor and then after 10-15 days day launch the 2.2ltr dicor ?
Decisions Decisions ,this is soooooo confusing.

Last edited by Hellraiser : 9th August 2007 at 20:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks