Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2007, 14:10   #646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose14 View Post
this means only vx gonna get 2.2l and if its true then how come TATA gonna face competition from Scorpio.

it happened to me with INDICA also just six months old and then i am looking at new one.(no regrets though)
i guess now a days in India also, the product life or cycle will be short.

i think fiat management has given some GYAN to tata management.
No no...I meant to say 2.2 for Lx, Ex and "the more powerful 3.0" for Vx.

Sorry for not being clear.
Old 1st August 2007, 14:31   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
No no...I meant to say 2.2 for Lx, Ex and "the more powerful 3.0" for Vx.

Sorry for not being clear.
With that we will also need to see how would they price the variants, thats an important consideration for indian buyers.
Old 1st August 2007, 15:27   #648
BHPian

Couple of mins back i spoke to Tata dealers in Bangalore ( Prerna )...... the response i got was as " Sir that is next year August "... ) Then i told "Boss you are the best" and kept the phone.

Then tried Concorde.....He told " Sir, this is news for me. I am very Happy"

Now its time to Bang myself for calling these people.....

So no news from Bangalore Dealers........

But one positive news i got from them was - The service guys have gone for the 2.2 ltr engine training.

So lets hope for the best........I am eagerly waiting to test drive.......

Now its time for TSK to relieve more info to us.....
Old 1st August 2007, 15:30   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Indian?

Price is an important consideration for any buyer.
Old 1st August 2007, 16:14   #650
Senior - BHPian

I just found out that TATA's are selling Safari 3.0 EX2 (equivalent to 4x4 VX here) at discounted price of 15830 Euro's (vat included) in Spain and 22480 Euros On-Road for the new Safari 2.2 in Italy.

Here is the review of the 2.2 ltr by one of the Motoring sites, I think they only sell the high end 4x4's there :(translated)

Quote:
From India a new cross-country vehicle from the generous dimensions and the design arrives classic and contemporary. Available hour with motorization 2.2 turbodiesel common rail to injection directed from 140 horses and Euro4.

With the new version, Tata Safari 2.2 Dicor 16v, takes advantage of an electronic system for the insertion of 4WD and a control, always electronic, of the reduced ones. Such chosen it is born in order to guarantee to leading the maximum freedom of guide in all emergency on every type of street bottom. “Shift-on-the-fly” it concurs to in motion pass from the 2 drive wheels to the integral traction with the vehicle until one speed of 60 km/h. The front free wheels allow a good economy of exercise and lowland usure of the tires use while it differentiates them self-locking on the posterior wheels helps in fuoristradistiche optimal slippery land case and guarantees performance. Of series they are the equipments of emergency that they include, between the others, ABS + EBD and double quantity airbag therefore as already they are included climatizzatore, centralized closing with remote control, alzacristalli front and posterior and adjustable and electrically heatable external mirrors retrovisori.

Lateral footrests and rigid wheel cover of supply are optional many profits. Tata Safari 2.2 Dicor 16V, is available to 22480 euro turnkey and, as all the Tata models, it enjoys 3 years of guarantee of the House (or 100,000 km) beyond to 3 years of “Tata Good Travel”, Services Europ Assistance 24 hours on 24.
Feast your eyes with the TATA Safari 2.2 pictures:

Old 1st August 2007, 16:45   #651
Senior - BHPian

Will the 3L 160bhp engine be launched simultaneously with 2.2L or after some time?
Old 1st August 2007, 20:49   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Will the 3L 160bhp engine be launched simultaneously with 2.2L or after some time?
After sometime, layman are going to be very very confused, a 2.0 TCIC followed by a 3.0 DICOR then a 2.2 DICOR then a 3.0L VGT and 3.0V6!!
Old 2nd August 2007, 08:44   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
After sometime, layman are going to be very very confused, a 2.0 TCIC followed by a 3.0 DICOR then a 2.2 DICOR then a 3.0L VGT and 3.0V6!!
Purely based on the news that the VX will be 3.0L w/VGT it looks like it will be launched with the 2.2L which will be in LX and EX trim. How can TATA otherwise have a VX with less power than the cheaper variants at the same time?
Old 2nd August 2007, 09:25   #654
Senior - BHPian

Well they aint ready with the 3.0L VGT yet so cant comment on that one, but your point makes sense.
Old 2nd August 2007, 09:54   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
Purely based on the news that the VX will be 3.0L w/VGT it looks like it will be launched with the 2.2L which will be in LX and EX trim. How can TATA otherwise have a VX with less power than the cheaper variants at the same time?
Or perhaps initially they will launch the VX too with the 2.2L till the 3.0 w/VGT engine is ready to be launched.
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:27   #656
Team-BHP Support

More news, Tata will not launch until old stock is exhausted.
With falling sales it may be August end rather than mid august though the plan was mid august.
Now even dealers are admitting the 2.2 is coming soon.
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:36   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Or perhaps initially they will launch the VX too with the 2.2L till the 3.0 w/VGT engine is ready to be launched.
Yes is also a possibility. But the reason I think it could well make it together with the 2.2L is that the guys at Pandit Auto here in Pune were quite hesitant about the 2.2 making it into the VX. Seems like TATA wants to fight in two different segments with one SUV. EX and LX to take on Scorpio and Innova and VX with all its bells and whistles to take on the Grand Vitara, Endeavor and Captiva. Just thinking out loud guys so don't pounce.
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:50   #658
BHPian

guys....Latest from Bangalore...

couple of mins back prerna guy had called me & he confirmed the release of 2.2ltr. But he says it will be in September only..... To recheck the same again i called up concorde & he says it can be September or max by October. When i asked why delay..the answer i got from concorde guy is that " Sir, this time Tata wants to leave a perfect vehicle, so they are checking & rectifying all possible faults in the vehicle".

Just to remind........Yesterday when i spoke to these sales guys they acted as if they dont know anything & today they are on track.

I think Dealers have confirmed information.......... A close source to them & get the information.......... Can anybody try???

Regards
Deeps
Old 2nd August 2007, 13:00   #659
BHPian

now that is bad why do they want to postpone it.
Old 2nd August 2007, 13:04   #660
Team-BHP Support

Tata has lot of old stock apparently, with falling sales.
So a launch now would mean wastage.
The production has been stopped now, so when old stock is about to get cleared, they will launch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks