Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2007, 10:03   #1426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I think some expectations management is in order. The highlight of this launch is that potent 2.2L engine. If they were to do a complete rejig of the interiors et. all, everyone would then start cribbing abt how expensive and unaffordable the Safari has become. Also, reading between the lines, the main reason Tata has bought out the 2.2L when it did, is to bed it down in Indian conditions for their next biggest release of the X2.

Its best therefore to buy the 2.2L Safari for its engine, which from the looks of it, should be worth it. And surely, all the rattles reported on the first test mules will not see their way into production vehicles.
Thanks MAG,

but I have not yet TD the 2.2 one, and I have booked 3.0. however, through my contacts I am able to the hold delivery (even invoicing) my 3.0. Looks like I may go for 3.0 but 2.2. TD may change, off course if the price is not too much (as till now I have not seen any published data in TATA websites) and even its around 30 to 40K as mentioned here, its slights out of my budget as I have got a offer on 3.0 and further plan to negotiate with them based on 2.2 launch, as what I am hearing from dealers is that they will not offer any cash discount nor any frills.

Regards
Old 30th September 2007, 10:35   #1427
Senior - BHPian

Ask each and every safari owner here and you'll get the same answer, the rear door rattles, we can always learn from others experiences, no need to "reinvent the wheel".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
1. How much have you driven a current Safari to comment about 'those rattles and cabin noise'?
Only one person till today has, comments are quoted below. My opinion was based on doctorkats small (10 km) test ride, and I used the word "I guess" due to it. But will definitely TD myself, once its introduced to the markets.

Quote:
2. Have you test driven the new one?
I want to believe you but the feedbacks dont make me, can you share with the other owners, how these minor issues can be taken care of, since they are not design related, they'll be most happy to rectify these rattles with your help.

Quote:
I can say yes to (1) and my take on it is that the problem is highly exaggerated. This is not to say that the vehicle is rattle-free, but most of the issues have been minor, easily taken care of and not design related.
I agree with you completely and that was my point too.

Quote:
I havent done a test drive yet, but if a manufacturer provides rattly test drive vehicles for a new product they deserve to fail in the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
6.rear door rattles like hell.

8.wind shear noise.

10.in cabin rattles as bad.sorry.
Old 30th September 2007, 11:12   #1428
Senior - BHPian

I do not have in cabin rattles.
My tailgate used to rattle. The lock needs to be adjusted once in a while.
My problems were all minor and taken care of easily and quickly.
Steer advices all DICOR owners of his experiences by PM.
I was looking for a quieter & quicker Safari and it looks like the 2.2 will comfortably satisfy me on these counts.
Anyway, I am satisfied that my Safari EX 4X4 3L DICOR is solid value for money.
Let me also add that TATA went out of its way to fix certain problems on my Safari EVEN AFTER THE WARRANT EXPIRED!!!!
This is way more than Skoda did for my brother who has an RS.
Not once did TATA talk about my accessories and heavy duty ICE or even hint at the warranty being voided(before) or having expired (After).

Last edited by jyobeb : 30th September 2007 at 11:13.
Old 30th September 2007, 11:32   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
For Dicor 2.2, fuel consumption per 100 km
urban/city - 8.4 - i.e. 11.9 kmpl
highway - 7.0 - i.e. 14.2 kmpl
mixed - 7.7 - i.e. 12.98 kmpl
For something that size, and now that zippy, these figures look very exciting! Throw in the 'discounts' that TML has mentioned, and the deal looks sweeet indeed. From the testimony of so many owners, Safaris seem to 'settle down' after a while for many miles of happy ownership - and with the added city driveability, I only wish I had the moolah to go in for this...
Old 30th September 2007, 11:35   #1430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Ask each and every safari owner here and you'll get the same answer, the rear door rattles, we can always learn from others experiences, no need to "reinvent the wheel".
I dont think you've answered my question. I am one of the group you have referred to and have experienced tailgate rattle once. I know what it took to fix it, too - about 10 minutes.

Kindly avoid making authoritative comments based on second hand experiences. There are a bunch of owners speaking here from their own experiences, let them do the talking about issues with the old Safari.
Old 30th September 2007, 12:22   #1431
Senior - BHPian

I dont have to jump in the well to know I will drown and my opinion is based upon feedback from majority of owners posted here.(if you want I can compile a list of all those). I didnt made it out of the blue. It will change as improved feedback is posted.

I am awaiting for some more 2.2l TD and my own TD for clarity.

Quote:
Kindly avoid making authoritative comments based on second hand experiences. There are a bunch of owners speaking here from their own experiences, let them do the talking about issues with the old Safari.
But I have also good opinion about TATA A.S.S improving and they are trying to resolve most of the things like jyobeb mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
I do not have in cabin rattles.
My tailgate used to rattle. The lock needs to be adjusted once in a while.
My problems were all minor and taken care of easily and quickly.
Steer advices all DICOR owners of his experiences by PM.
I was looking for a quieter & quicker Safari and it looks like the 2.2 will comfortably satisfy me on these counts.
Anyway, I am satisfied that my Safari EX 4X4 3L DICOR is solid value for money.
Let me also add that TATA went out of its way to fix certain problems on my Safari EVEN AFTER THE WARRANT EXPIRED!!!!
This is way more than Skoda did for my brother who has an RS.
Not once did TATA talk about my accessories and heavy duty ICE or even hint at the warranty being voided(before) or having expired (After).
Old 30th September 2007, 14:00   #1432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I dont have to jump in the well to know I will drown and my opinion is based upon feedback from majority of owners posted here.(if you want I can compile a list of all those). I didnt made it out of the blue. It will change as improved feedback is posted.
Exactly. "Wise men learn from others' experiences, fools from their own."
Many would want to solidly argue with the above. More power to them!
Old 30th September 2007, 14:12   #1433
BHPian

Regards
Deepak

Last edited by Samurai : 30th September 2007 at 19:32. Reason: setting thumbprint
Old 30th September 2007, 14:27   #1434
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Hey kdeepakk, why have you blanked out the odometer? Any particular reason?
Old 30th September 2007, 14:32   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Hey kdeepakk, why have you blanked out the odometer? Any particular reason?
It was driven more, just dint wanted to show how much the vehicle was tested before launch.
Old 30th September 2007, 15:35   #1436
BHPian

The suspension

The rear AC

The net

Engine

The steering wheel

The roof AC

Last edited by Samurai : 30th September 2007 at 19:31. Reason: fixing links to show thumbprint
Old 30th September 2007, 16:16   #1437
Distinguished - BHPian

i have driven the previous safari a lot,for me the only issues were engine and gearbox vibrations and the narrow powerband otherwise it is a fine suv with unmatched comfort.if the new 2.2 adresses the above issues its going to be sort of perfect vehicle for me,for this price do you expect it to handle like a cayenne or to have aston martin quality interiors?
Old 30th September 2007, 16:34   #1438
BHPian

sorry but just want to know
does this 2.2 safari comes with intercooler ?
anyone checked?
Old 30th September 2007, 16:37   #1439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes it comes with a intercooler, in the pics you can see the piping connected to the intercooler.
Old 30th September 2007, 16:40   #1440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
sorry but just want to know
anyone checked?
Most common rail direct injection diesel engines come with a turbo and intercooler
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks