Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2014, 22:45   #286
BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

I am mighty impressed!

Non skinny tires, great design overall. White interiors are nice too. Hope they haven't skimped on the safety features.

The touchscreen seems to be resistive as the user was pressing it too hard and still struggling with it. Tata seems to have taken a lot from GrammarNazi's thread and considered all our inputs, biggest being the quality. Hope they remain reliable in the long run.
Old 3rd February 2014, 22:45   #287
BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

I don't think every car should have an USP in this segment. Its the price point and the value you get out of it. Few things which most of us look is for the 5-6 lacs paid do we get to go around comfortably? As long as its not going to be a white elephant, where spares are going to burn a hole it will sell. Tata being a common brand with a TASS or a mechanic who can fix it anywhere in India it will sell itself. They are masters in diesel cars and have quite improved in the last 10+ years. Imagine the first Indica to now what is on the road? I am also glad Tata hasn't killed its line up here with the JLR merger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktarcar View Post
A sharp quest for quality and little efforts to get the after sales service up to the mark will surely help them achieve great sales. All the best TATA.
Yes, very true. In fact if you happened to visit the renovated Concorde motors showroom you can see the difference. Their after sales support has been revamped in the last 12 months. I own a Tata for last 7 years and have seen how it transformed itself from a Govt office to courteous and knowledgeable staff. Even the call center of 24x7 support is very supportive and its state of the art support. I was at Mysore, car at Bangalore - got it checked up and towed to a TASS and fixed all over the phone.

Last edited by srinih75 : 3rd February 2014 at 22:52. Reason: Added reply to a quote.
srinih75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 23:27   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Indeed, I think Tata has put good effort to make features stand out. For ex: look at this image below where I've boxed an indication in yellow. I think the MID showing the exact door(s) open is not a feature available in regular hatchbacks/sedans (and is a feature in more premium vehicles) [feel free to correct me if wrong, this is just my assumption from what I've seen on many cars]...
True! That feature is in no less than the Skoda Superb!

My views in-line:
Quote:
1. Improve the service experience for passenger consumers. Provide easily differenciable service compared to taxi owning individuals. Or simply provide great service to all.
1) IMO, that has been happening since the 3 years of my ownership of the Nano.

2. Ensure that the fitment and materials quality is great and will last long without issues, to match how good they look.
2) Karl implemented a concepts like "to not "Accept - Build - Ship" defects", those would need to stay.

3. Continually work to address and update the vehicles so they remain in the radar for any buyer of the segments these 2 cars are in, with high quality and attractive design in mind.
3) They'realready working on it, fresh products could launch by 2016!

4. Driving dynamics. Along with good FE, Tata also need to work on making these good driving cars, so that they can compete with the likes of VW and Ford cars as well, beyond looks and FE.
4) They've tied up with Narain and worked on that extensively!
Quote:
...I'm also assuming Tata might have some more stuff up its sleeve for the AutoExpo. No mention of mileage has been revealed today. And talk of some other vehicle updates and new vehicles had broken ground. So I assume we could expect a tad more from Tata during the Expo as well. Would be nice if they can manage some more...
Same here. Eager to know what more they've got in store.

Quote:
If Mr. Slym's efforts have let to this tremendous transformation, he really was an effective 'turn over man' and his loss is beyond words. He would have been an extremely proud man to see our views here and also hear first hand from the press, during today's unveiling. Very sad he wasn't able to live to see today...
True. K has done a splendid job. IMHO Karl Slym kept the Titanic afloat and how!

I met him only once, but I often spoke to him and it was always about him knowing he could find ways and do something more for the customer. He didn't want people to just 'like' TaMo, but be awestruck by their work. He knew beyond numbers. He had that gut instinct that businessmen have, that corporates don't care to. His style & talent was to exceed expectations, dismiss bias or any bureaucratic obstacle with actual awesomeness. - because NOBODY can beat what they can't predict.

He really would've loved to do his trademark pose with what he's created.

Quote:
...Good luck Tata. Take it up from here and get back your market share.
The execution is important, and TATA Motors needs someone who'd ensure that the systemic changes made were kept strong & internal controls were kept tight - and ensure no loopholes are created ESPECIALLY with the feedback collection.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 3rd February 2014 at 23:39.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 23:43   #289
Senior - BHPian

Great looking cars. If Tata has sorted out the dynamics and quality as well as they have sorted out the looks and interiors then they have a winner on their hands. A energised and motivated dealer community should see them reclaim the number 3 spot with ease.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 3rd February 2014, 23:57   #290
BHPian

Both cars look excellent, but what is also important is to enthuse some energy into the brand and have better after sales experience, Tata should launch the product only once these things are addressed or else a good car may be let down. Wish they would do the same with their SUV's too soon.
Old 4th February 2014, 00:24   #291
Senior - BHPian

There's a stark contrast between the first 9 pages of this thread and the pages after that. Most of us were not happy about Tata sticking with the Vista's silhouette for the Bolt.

Looks like Tata has succeeded in transforming a majority of Team BHPians opinions about the products. Let's hope it stays that way after the cars reach the showrooms too.

I think the credit for the designs should go to one Mr. Pratap Bose, head of designs at Tata Motors. His excitement, on Twitter, leading up to the unveiling was palpable!

Last edited by safari_lover : 4th February 2014 at 00:30.
Old 4th February 2014, 00:42   #292
BHPian

The Tatas never did make a particularly bad car in the first generation Indica. But none of their cars have had any decisively winning feature which would win it a core group of multi generational buyers. While these look like good products, why would someone buy a Zest over an Amaze?
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 00:51   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
But none of their cars have had any decisively winning feature which would win it a core group of multi generational buyers.
IMHO, Tata Vehicles (at least most of them) offered two things, though these may not always be the highest priority items for some buyers
1. Space
2. Value for Money

What they lacked was
1. Design
2. Desirability (linked to Design)
3. Brand value.
4. Interiors
5. Quality (atleast the perceived quality)

Hopefully the desirability factor is now back (atleast partially) with the Zest and the Bolt. Interiors are top notch. Let us see how they restore the Brand Value.

Am sure a lot of people who would never ever want to test drive a Tata vehicle will at least want to check out their new offerings. Changing this mindset is a HUGE achievement for TML. Whether the actual product can deliver to this new expectation, needs to be seen.

Making your product desirable is not an easy job. Ask any mp3 player manufacturer trying to sell his/her product in the iPod market.

Last edited by sachinayak : 4th February 2014 at 00:52.
Old 4th February 2014, 00:53   #294
BHPian

I loved the Zest. But with a flat rear end with almost no protrusion for the bumper it makes the rear bootlid latch vulnerable to even minor rear end nudges. We understand that there is a length cap of 4000mm, but just like Ford found a loophole with the rear tail mounted spare not being counted in the overall lenght of the Ecosport, can't Tata also find something similar.

Probably some bumperettes like in old generation cars could be added from the showroom to absorb some impact, or even a step further, maybe an alternate bumper that could be swapped right at the showroom for an exchange price, or anything of that sort.

On the plus side, it will also enhance the rear end looks further.
Powersteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 01:56   #295
BHPian

The most pleasing aspect of the exterior changes introduced with the launch of these supposedly new models is the front grill. Frankly, it's a relief to see TATA finally deciding to stop boring their customers with the family look.

One look at the side profile of the Bolt and you immediately spot the Vista in it so you know that this supposedly new model is an evolution.

From the interiors, it appears as if they finally decided to stop experimenting on their customers with that weird, un-ergonomic T steering. The list of changes to the interior appears impressive but let us wait and see what is actually on offer.
Old 4th February 2014, 01:56   #296
BHPian

Well Done Tata Motors. The car looks really nice, fabulous job on the interiors.

* Automated transmission + Diesel motor is a first in class thing, impressive. A major keypoint. This was one thing that is not found <15 Lacs; except for the Hyundai Verna.

A major move by Tata, fulfilled all that was lacking, just a little more brand building and its all good .
Old 4th February 2014, 02:38   #297
Senior - BHPian

Awesome stuff by tata. For a minute i couldn't believe these are tata products.
Good job!
Some pics of the unveiling day taken from another forum
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures3.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures4.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures5.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures6.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures7.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures8.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures9.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures15.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures21.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures22.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures24.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures26.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures29.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures33.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures34.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures35.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures37.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures39.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures40.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures41.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 02:42   #298
Senior - BHPian

Few more pics.
Zest looks better than amaze imho.
Any idea about when they will be available?
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures43.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures45.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures49.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures52.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures57.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures63.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures61.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltzestpictures64.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 07:01   #299
BHPian

to your answer invidious as far as I am concerned..

the Answer is a BIG YES! ANY DAY I would buy 2 Zest's for each Amaze.. The car easily is miles ahead of the Amaze.. Feature rich and look at the Interiors.. anyday.. Zest over Amaze.... I turned down the Amaze when I brought my Manza VX.. With the Zest I wont even bother to think about this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
The Tatas never did make a particularly bad car in the first generation Indica. But none of their cars have had any decisively winning feature which would win it a core group of multi generational buyers. While these look like good products, why would someone buy a Zest over an Amaze?
Old 4th February 2014, 07:23   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

1. Looks like a 60:40 split rear seat ?
2. And No more "Indigo" ?

Last edited by condor : 4th February 2014 at 07:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks