Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2014, 10:44   #316
BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

Hats off to TATA and late Mr. Karl Slym for pulling this up. Really feel proud to see an Indian manufacturer to come up with these sleek looking cars. The future seems to belong to TATA if they continue on this vision.
Old 4th February 2014, 10:45   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

A very good effort from TATA to get the Bolt and Zest out. Both the exteriors and interiors are appealing. Its a good that they have done away with the indica/vista and indigo/manza tags from these cars.

If these two cars are niggle free right from the initial batches, it will be immensely helpful for TATA to build these brands and garner respectable sales.

Looking forward to the Teambhp review of these two cars.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 10:49   #318
BHPian

The one thing that I strongly dislike in any car, including Nano, is the concept of "Integrated Head Rest". Seriously, i pay in lakhs, and for saving a few hundred rupees, these car companies deny me a proper headrest. I shelled out Rs.3.5 lakh for my Alto and I get a pathetic head rest. Same with i10, Nano, Brio, and even Amaze. I am happy that Bolt and Zest don't have this stupid integrated headrest
PNTLovesNano is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 10:56   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I did receive a host of replies so am not quoting everyone here who by and large made the same point.

1. I have nothing against Tata cars - I would like for them to do well.
None of the members have anything against you either. But your comparison with Amaze was a little unfair! Had it been Dzire, you would NOT have got so many replies.
Old 4th February 2014, 11:14   #320
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
[*] At a point of time (IIRC 2-3yrs back), LED tail lights were very much offered in the Vista.
LED tail lights? I don't know if they were offered on a special edition or something (or even the short-lived Safire90), as I don't think they were a regular feature.

Or perhaps you meant to say LED high mounted stop lamp? This is there even on the Xeta, so it should be there at least on some variants of the Vista as standard.

Quote:
[*] AFAIK The AMT is from Magneti Marelli (Fiat) - same as the one coming in Maruti Celerio. (Can the experts check with this info.)
I'm 95% sure the AMT is from Magneti Marelli. They are setting up a plant to initially assemble these (and later manufacture them), so many manufacturers will use these. Also, the Quadrajet will be offered with the AMT first and the Revotron will get it much later. This certainly points to Magneti Marelli being the supplier, as they would already have the kit for the gearbox & engine ready (being a Fiat subsidiary).

On a lighter note, Fiat cars sell only in minuscule numbers in India, yet every other car on the road uses Fiat technology - first the MultiJet and soon the Magneti Marelli AMT.

Quote:
[*] Developed a water-cooled turbo for the 1.2 Revotron with a 85bhp output. Its supposedly an old school iron-cast MPFi engine - rather reliable. FE is not being shared - maybe its another surprise or maybe they haven't got any great noteworthy figures.
The basic petrol engine is definitely one of the more reliable Tata motors. If they can get the quality right from the very beginning, the Revotron should prove to be reliable as well. FE should be decent (if not good) considering the wide torque curve, but will not be great because the engine has its limitations in the way it's constructed.

I hope the NVH levels are brought down. The NA Mpfi petrol on which the Revotron is based is quite noisy, especially at mid range and at higher revs. The exhaust note is very sporty, but that doesn't quite cover up the engine's inherent noise levels. The petrol's NVH is an area they should concentrate on.

Last edited by RSR : 4th February 2014 at 11:24.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 11:20   #321
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised to see that there was no official TBHP coverage of the unveiling event.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 11:20   #322
BHPian

There seem to be two types of interiors for the Bolt.
The complete black one with red lines on the seat(looks sporty).
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltlaunchimagesdashboard21024x682.jpg

The beige toned one.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-124108d1391430586ttatarevealsbolthatchbackzestcompactsedancoveragepage10tataboltzestpictures64.jpg

(Images taken from IAB and TAI)

I hope the sporty black one is not dropped in favour of beige, to appeal to the mass market in the final version. Having an option would be great.

To mods: Please point me in the right direction if the way in which I've uploaded the pics is not right.
theredliner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 11:30   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I am surprised to see that there was no official TBHP coverage of the unveiling event.
Quoting GTO's message below from "The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics"

Quote:
Team,

We're headed to Noida this evening for covering the 2014 Auto Expo.

For those of you who can't make it, we assure you of detailed reports that'll ensure you haven't missed out on anything.

A new forum section - Auto Expo 2014 - has been created. General Auto Expo discussions can continue in this thread. Each manufacturer, however, will get a dedicated new thread in this section.

Expect the reports to start rolling in from tomorrow, 2nd half.
driving_smartly is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 11:55   #324
BHPian

Great effort from the Tata folks. I appreciate the entire thought process that has gone in the revamp of the Indica/Indigo platform cars - Diesel AMT, Driver orientation, Multilink rear suspension, futuristic MID and ICE and there are several other features that puts it ahead of others in the segment and segment above.

This requires significant branding and marketing so people attach aspirational sentiment to it. Has the launch date/month been announced ?
Old 4th February 2014, 12:03   #325
Senior - BHPian

I just read in newspapers today that the Bolt Hatchback will only come in Petrol. :(

And that Vista/Manza will continue to be sold alongside, effectively meaning that these cars will be priced at a premium to the Vista range.

Not encouraging news.
Old 4th February 2014, 12:10   #326
BHPian

Coming few weeks and months will be very interesting as Tata has just set the cat among the pigeons. This surely is a wake up call for most of the manufacturers.
- You have a Ford which we all thought was starting a new trend by offering a feature loaded product at a mouth watering price. Alas they screwed up by focusing more on exports. Even if they launch the new Figo sedan, it will be a non starter given the experience people had with EcoSport
- Honda came up with a real challenger to Maruti Dzire. While the exteriors look modern the interiors look out dated
- And finally we will have the Grand i10 sedan which will get the numbers for Hyundai but I personally feel that Zest looks way better than the Grand i10

Tata has not 1 but 2 winner on its hand and an aggressive pricing could easily turn around their fortunes. I think Zest will be launched at 4.89 lacs and Bolt for 4.39 lacs. While this will not threaten Maruti, the other manufacturers will clearly feel the jitters.

Top end Tata Bolt with its design and features will appeal to prospective Figo, Polo, Fabia and i20 buyers. I think Honda Jazz with its styling and space will be the other car which will stand out.
Old 4th February 2014, 12:11   #327
BHPian

Only one word "Woooooooow". Now only if they can price them right, these cars look have real potential to rake up the numbers.

The bolt with the blacked "C" pillar looks ready to grow in a compact SUV.
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltpressshotrear1024x576.jpg  

Last edited by Car-Agey : 4th February 2014 at 12:17.
Old 4th February 2014, 12:16   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I just read in newspapers today that the Bolt Hatchback will only come in Petrol. :(
Not sure if this is accurate. The TML press release clearly shows the 1.3 L Diesel Multi-jet in 75PS tune.

Link
http://mediacentre.tatamotors.com/ze...tions/bolt.pdf

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-bolt.png

Last edited by sachinayak : 4th February 2014 at 12:19.
sachinayak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 12:18   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

And that Vista/Manza will continue to be sold alongside, effectively meaning that these cars will be priced at a premium to the Vista range.

Not encouraging news.
Bolt will come in Petrol only is a misprint. Yesterday same reported on economic times site as well. Tata is not fool to launch only in petrol, they know the demand for the hot diesel hatchbacks in India. It will come with diesel, so don't worry

For the second point, I guess Vista will be there in the market for some more time and will also cater taxi business as well. Bolt will be certainly on higher side than Vista but not much i guess. They know that they have to compete with cars like Swift, i20, Grand i10, Figo etc. Pricing very high will not get them any market share for sure. Also for Zest they will get excise benefit, so they will price it aggressively. My guess is pricing will be little less than market leader Swift and Dzire.

Tata should completely ban commercial usage of Bolt and Zest IMHO from the begining only. I hope they will do so. Taxi image really hampers the private buyers going for it. Expecting very competitive pricing from Tata.
Old 4th February 2014, 12:26   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Quoting GTO's message below from "The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics"
It's NOT just GTO who covers all events. We have a bunch of Mods who usually cover the events - based on their availability if I am not wrong. @Parrys, though usually does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
I see DRLs for Bolt as well, in the brochure. But none of the displayed Bolts had it - ONLY Zest had DRLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Not sure if this is accurate. The TML press release clearly shows the 1.3 L Diesel Multi-jet in 75PS tune.

Link
http://mediacentre.tatamotors.com/ze...tions/bolt.pdf

Attachment 1201661
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
....Tata should completely ban commercial usage of Bolt and Zest IMHO from the begining only. I hope they will do so. Taxi image really hampers the private buyers going for it. Expecting very competitive pricing from Tata.
I am NOT sure whether a manufacturer can ban the commercial usage. The ways they can try to prevent fleet operators from buying this are

1. Offer ONLY solid colors in the base variant - NO White / Silver
2. Kit up even the low variant well - power steering / all 4 power windows / ABS / Airbags etc
3. Retain Vista in stripped down form - Silver & White colors + AC + Power Steering
4. Probably offer 4 year warranty free with Vista
5. Keep atleast a 50K difference between Vista top variant & Bolt lowest variant.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th February 2014 at 12:47.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks