Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2014, 19:25   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
A dedicated website for the Tata Zest is now up and running. It gives us a glimpse of what to expect in the car.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Tata Zest website

Attachment 1222259
Thanks for sharing the links Aditya, but the Tata Zest official website is not a recent phenomenon. It has been there up & running since 4th Feb 2014, the day when the Zest & Bolt were officially unveiled to the world, just before the curtains were raised on the Auto Expo.

On seeing your message, I thought there would be something new/more to the website, but all the webpages currently available in the site were right there from the begining, I didn't observe anything new .

Anyone else observed something new or am I missing something here?
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 21:36   #467
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

Guys any idea, what would be the launch price of the Zest. Knowing that the DeZire & the Amaze are the primary competitors, is it safe to assume that the Zest would be priced at par with the competition or TML would dare to charge a premium given the features like projector headlamps, LED tail lights, plethora of gadgetry, upmarket interiors etc. What is your take on the top-end model of the Zest?
Old 22nd March 2014, 23:48   #468
BHPian

Is there any chance of launching a proper sedan version of this Zest? (not the cutshort version). I'm sure, a lot of buyers are eagerly waiting for it...don"t you think so..guys?
Old 23rd March 2014, 11:34   #469
BHPian

@passiondrive- Well then you will have to wait for all new Manza whenever that comes. Zest, if stretched further, will be similar to Manza. Or other way around, Zest is a nothing but a Manza CS
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 12:49   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiondrive View Post
Is there any chance of launching a proper sedan version of this Zest? (not the cutshort version). I'm sure, a lot of buyers are eagerly waiting for it...don"t you think so..guys?
If you are not aware about the recent excise duty cuts in 2014 budget, let me repeat them here: (courtesy thread started by prakase ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...cise-duty.html
  • Excise duty on small cars, motorcycles, scooters reduced from 12 to 8 per cent till 30.06.2014.
  • Cut excise duty on mid segment cars to 20% from 24%
Lets assume the price of the Zest is 7 lacs (prior to applying the excise duty). Now with a stubby boot, it will fall under the small car bracket, hence 8% excise duty = 56K. Hence the ex-showroom price would be 7.56 lacs.

Now assume the Zest comes with a Manza sized boot, which will make it greater than 4 metres in length, hence will fall in the mid segment cars bracket, hence 20% excise duty = 1.4 lacs. Hence the ex-showroom price would be 8.4 lacs, which is 86K higher than the sub-4 metre version.

If you consider the registration tax, insurance etc, it will easily add another 20K to the on-road price.

Thus adding few litres capacity to the boot of the Zest, will make it fall in the mid-segment bracket, shooting up its on-road price by 106K. Who in India would pay 1.06 lacs extra to just get a few litres more in the boot. Hence for TML & most of its potential customers it makes no economic sense to give a bigger boot, as no one would be ready to shell out a premium for a Zest with a bigger boot.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 13:03   #471
BHPian

To be very frank, the Zest website is so confusing and is hardly connecting with the browsing minds. I found it taking me to places which I did intend to go to. There is too much gestures and controls roaming around the page. But I really wish, now that Tata has pulled this rabbit(albeit not revolutionary) out of the hat they stay cheering the auto world.
Old 23rd March 2014, 20:24   #472
BHPian

TATA motors could have easily come up with a coupe styling for availing this sub 4 metre benefits. IMHO all these cs versions brought out by all manufacturers including the new dezire look rather quirky if not ugly! They could have come up one stunning design with a swooping side profile instead of that stubby boot...what do you say guys?
Passiondrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 11:19   #473
BHPian

Nice site, but I can't understand why Tata Motors wouldn't use High Res photos?

Some of these photos look stretched as though they were taken from a lower res output and then yanked across!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
A dedicated website for the Tata Zest is now up and running. It gives us a glimpse of what to expect in the car.

Tata Zest website

Attachment 1222259

On the boot size comments I saw, I don't quite mind the 380L if the rear passenger seat leg room is decent.
Old 24th March 2014, 13:00   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
- Boot capacity is 360 litres - about 20 litres less than the eCS (as advised by the TATA rep. over there)
I spoke to a Tata Motors rep at the Auto Expo and he mentioned 360 litres as the boot capacity of Zest, less than that of the eCS.
Old 24th March 2014, 17:15   #475
Team-BHP Support

A website for the Tata Bolt that reveals details about the car, has gone live.

Tata Bolt website

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-bolt.png
Aditya is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 22:23   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiondrive View Post
TATA motors could have easily come up with a coupe styling for availing this sub 4 metre benefits. IMHO all these cs versions brought out by all manufacturers including the new dezire look rather quirky if not ugly! They could have come up one stunning design with a swooping side profile instead of that stubby boot...what do you say guys?
IMHO, coupe'ish design looks good on long wheelbase cars with sleek and clean side profile such as a Linea or a Cruze. Because a coupe'ish design means a compromise on rear headroom. I believe a long wheelbase with low ground clearance does overcome that drawback of coupe'ish design. Further, none of the hatchbacks on which these CS cars are based have clean side proflie. If one tries to fit a nice looking coupe curve on roofs of CS cars, it will have to be more like a semi circular curve. Or else one will have to compromise on rear headroom and ground clearance. And, if you ask me, boot which is so short in length does look stubby in all CS cars. I am not a designer by profession, but this is how I visualize the situation.
Old 29th March 2014, 00:42   #477
BHPian

Cardekho reports that the car will be launched in June 2014. Hope to see the official reviews soon!
Old 29th March 2014, 09:12   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay87kumar View Post
Cardekho reports that the car will be launched in June 2014. Hope to see the official reviews soon!
On similar lines there is a news item in Zigwheels that the Zest & Bolt will be launched in July 2014 ---> http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...ium=OTHER_NEWS

Not sure which one is true. Anyways there is just a difference of one month between the two news. July is not that far away, just 3 months to go. Heard that all the TML showrooms are going to be revamped from the May to welcome the two new kids on the block. Lets hope the best for these new offerings and TML in general.
Old 29th March 2014, 14:47   #479
Senior - BHPian

Never had issues with Tata cars. Always had average experience with their dealership and dealer-owned A**. Thankfully, I don't look at them again after my purchase.
Old 31st March 2014, 20:37   #480
Senior - BHPian

Spyshots for near production Tata bolt.
The orange dashboard looks nice.

Source- http://motorbash.com/production-tata...hboard-launch/
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltspypicsalloys.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltspypicsbrakelights.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltspypicsinteriors.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltspypicsrear.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltspypicsside.jpg  

harry10 is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed