Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2014, 09:19   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

A website for the Tata zest that reveals details about the car, has gone live.

Tata Zest

Specs

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-capture.jpg

Last edited by geeash : 5th April 2014 at 09:22.
Old 5th April 2014, 09:44   #482
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
A website for the Tata zest that reveals details about the car, has gone live.

Tata Zest

Specs
Geeash, you are a bit late to report this (rather 2 months late). The Zest and Bolt websites went live on the same day of global unveiling of both the cars i.e. 3rd Feb 2014.
Old 5th April 2014, 14:55   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Lets assume the price of the Zest is 7 lacs (prior to applying the excise duty). Now with a stubby boot, it will fall under the small car bracket, hence 8% excise duty = 56K. Hence the ex-showroom price would be 7.56 lacs.
If i was to hazard a guess and from the fact that Tata has brought a product like Zest this means that Tata is serious so if they want to go all out to capture some share then they will price this car at around 6.5 on road.

I am eagerly awaiting a full review from the T-BHP team and also waiting for the bookings to begin. If all goes well ( insha allah ) i will be one of the first to buy the Zest!
Old 5th April 2014, 21:06   #484
BHPian

I'm pretty interested in the Bolt Petrol. I know it's too early to talk regarding the same, but how good can we expect the Revotron to be, in terms of reliability? I have heard that the Revotron is based on their old 8V Xeta engine which I heard had some niggles. So I'm curious.
Old 6th April 2014, 10:02   #485
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I'm pretty interested in the Bolt Petrol. I know it's too early to talk regarding the same, but how good can we expect the Revotron to be, in terms of reliability? I have heard that the Revotron is based on their old 8V Xeta engine which I heard had some niggles. So I'm curious.
I have driven the 1.4 petrol Xeta for 65k km. Absolutely no issue with the engine & drive train. Haven't touched either of them even once over 8 years now.
srh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 22:22   #486
Senior - BHPian

Friends, couple of minutes back I was standing on the road in front of my apartment to be picked up by my brother in law. It was almost 09:30pm. From a distance I saw a car approaching me with sharp, projector headlamps. Initially I thought it would be a Merc. As it approached near, I thought it to be the new Verna (with projector lamps). Only when it crossed me, I realized I actually saw the Zest zoom past me. The LED tail lamps were simply superb, sharp and sleek, like those on the Audis. It was a reddish/maroon coloured car with temporary registration plates and sounded like a diesel. Sorry it was night time and I was not prepared, hence could not clock any pictures even on my mobile. Hoping better luck next time.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 6th April 2014 at 22:24.
AutoIndian is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 11:19   #487
BHPian

Hey Team Bhpians , spotted a red coloured zest without any camoflouge in aundh pune yesterday evening and didnt it look smashing!!!!.Could not take any pictures as i was driving in the opposite direction and it appeared from behind a safari.
I am actually waiting for its launch and holding back honda city booking after seeing it in flesh for the first time.Hoping and praying for it to be just as reliable as it is attractive.
rosaf is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 13:22   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
Hey Team Bhpians , spotted a red coloured zest without any camoflouge in aundh pune yesterday evening and didnt it look smashing!!!!.Could not take any pictures as i was driving in the opposite direction and it appeared from behind a safari..
Samepinch , I am sure you spotted the same car as I did yesterday, because I spotted it in Chinchwad which is just 7-8 kms away from Aundh, where you spotted. Same car doing rounds in and around Pune/Pimpri/Chinchwad. We better keep our cameras ready, as next time we spot and don't share the pictures here, no one is going to excuse us.

Quote:
I am actually waiting for its launch and holding back honda city booking after seeing it in flesh for the first time.Hoping and praying for it to be just as reliable as it is attractive.
+1, 100% . Being attractive is one thing and being equally reliable is an altogether different ball game. Only the 20 lacs+ cars from the stable of big three Germans can manage that. No doubt Zest is going to be the most attractive car in its segment, but would it be reliable, only time can tell. Hence if you want the best of both worlds, it would be prudent to wait for at least 6 months to a year before committing yourself to the Zest. Just my 2 cents
Old 7th April 2014, 14:56   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From a distance I saw a car approaching me with sharp, projector headlamps. Initially I thought it would be a Merc. As it approached near, I thought it to be the new Verna (with projector lamps). Only when it crossed me, I realized I actually saw the Zest zoom past me. The LED tail lamps were simply superb, sharp and sleek, like those on the Audis.
You certainly seem to be impressed with the car and your statement has raised expectations for this car. I am sincerely hoping the Bolt and Zest are launched simultaneously and SOON!!! If these cars are doing rounds without any camoe then probably the launch is very near. May
Old 7th April 2014, 15:11   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
You certainly seem to be impressed with the car and your statement has raised expectations for this car. I am sincerely hoping the Bolt and Zest are launched simultaneously and SOON!!! If these cars are doing rounds without any camoe then probably the launch is very near. May
Yes certainly I am mighty impressed. In my apartment stays one gentleman who works for Tata Motors in the Purchase Dept (obviously cannot name him for confidentiality reasons). As per him the launch is slated for June this year. I can trust him as he being from Procurement side and these are the people who start the components purchasing far ahead in time, before the actual manufacturing. He was very confident about the product, especially the Revotron petrol and said it is superior compared to the Fiat engine (not sure whether he was referring to the T-Jet or the Saffire, most probably it would be the latter)

Last edited by AutoIndian : 7th April 2014 at 15:12.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 16:12   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

If these cars are doing rounds without any camoe then probably the launch is very near. May
I decided to take my FZ to work today and I stopped by at the Shell (Siddapura Road, Bangalore). Just when I was pulling out of the gas station, something caught my eye.

It was 9.30 am, a "Chequered Flag" camouflaged Bolt whizzing by towards Lal bagh gate!!

I am not sure how, but this car had quite an amount of open road ahead of him until the gate and I tried catching up but this car just kept surging ahead, without the infamous smoke. So probably the Revtron Engine ?

As this was rush hour and I was on my bike, just could not even think of taking a snap. But one thing is for sure, it looks really nice in flesh and most importantly "Non-Tata" type.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 7th April 2014 at 16:17.
Vik0728 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 20:03   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

That's quite a few positive reviews coming from the spotted test cars. I really hope TATA gets it together this time.
Old 7th April 2014, 22:01   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He was very confident about the product, especially the Revotron petrol and said it is superior compared to the Fiat engine (not sure whether he was referring to the T-Jet or the Saffire, most probably it would be the latter)
That is a good sign. Nornally Tata employees are not so confident about the product for their own use. I really feel sad whenever I see a Tata employee or their immediately family member drive a non Tata vehicle.
Old 8th April 2014, 11:12   #494
BHPian

My father a Tata Motors employee for 35 years (his first and only job) and after he quit now we have a firm and work as a vendor of Tata Motors for repair and refurbishment of toolings.So he is a die hard Tata loyalist and when we decided to get our first car he wanted to go for the indica but i insisted on the swift and i guess it was the right decision then.
But i sincerely hope this time around that the zest lives up to its hype and expectations of the customers and i hope to be one of them!
rosaf is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 10:39   #495
Senior - BHPian

Motorbeam have managed spy images of the Bolt (in cameo) from Bangalore. Here are the pics:

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-1500x380xtataboltspyshotbangalore.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qe5rtiu7pn.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-2500x380xtataboltspyshotbangaloreinterior.jpg.pagespeed.ic.uq0b8o1ya_.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-3500x380xtataboltspyshotbangalorefront.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xfqasgipvf.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-4500x380xtataboltspyshotbangaloreside.jpg.pagespeed.ic.br6pxbbjsg.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-5500x380xtataboltspyshotbangalorerear.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sharhvgevo.jpg

Interestingly, a Sumo Gold with Red Plates (indicating on test vehicle) was also caught in vicinity:

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-6500x380xtatasumogoldspyshotsidefront.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nxa48keat7.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-7500x380xtatasumogoldspyshotside.jpg.pagespeed.ic.1fljowclnx.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-8500x700xtatasumogoldspyshotsiderear.jpg.pagespeed.ic.cipxwn6win.jpg
CARDEEP is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks