Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2014, 16:23   #556
BHPian

re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Spotted Zest today afternoon at Koramangala intermediate ring road Bangalore.
Sorry i was driving hence could'nt get good picture.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-photo-1.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-photo-2.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-photo-3.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-photo-4.jpg
arvindmanju is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 16:55   #557
BHPian

Thanks, but I think you got some good pictures. The car looks nice from the rear and side.
Old 28th April 2014, 19:39   #558
Senior - BHPian

found Tata Nexon Adv. Video. i liked it

tushky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 21:29   #559
BHPian

I for one would definitely buy a TATA vehicle,,,we had a 206 ( not a 207) used it for 90,000 kms plus in just a year,,then a TATA ESTATE used for 2,00,000 kms and now TCIC Safari EX 4x4,,,,NONE of which have ever caused us any grief,,so yes I will go in for a TATA product when I decide to change the Safari,,,,and just to raise a point ( may be off topic) but I will think TWICE or THRICE before buying a Maruti,,Had a Zen and now a 4 speed MPFI 800 both of which have given me enough grief.

This is not to say that TATA do not need to up their game and I don't think anyone would be happier than me if they did.

Cheers
Anosh.F.Dhondy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Why, not at all? So that we can continue to laugh at their cars? I am fed up of seeing everyone taking a potshot at Tata Motors and also more fed up of seeing TM doing nothing to improve their lot. And they will never learn. Also, RSR, just tell me honestly, will you ever buy a Tata car in future? No matter how much they improve. I'm sure answer is a resounding no. I'm sure none of any teambhpian will ever buy a Tata car again. Heck, even cabbies won't buy. They abandoned Tata brand long ago. Even a village simpleton with very little knowledge about things automotive won't buy a Tata car. So, who are they planning to make cars for? Martians? Just get out of car business and focus on other industries. India has forgotten Tata cars altogether. It is like Philips of 70s/80s. Once very strong brand. This brand once had Indians eating out of its palm. Now? Have you seen any Philips outlet or any new product in any household? Well, Tata has gone same way. Bye Bye Tata cars.
anoshdhondy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 22:28   #560
BHPian

Many of us tend to forget that Tata still outsells many players in the market, they sold over 12,500 cars last month, this despite what are perceived to be hip new stylish and advanced competitors, despite 'the game' having moved on, etc.

Whatever we at team-bhp might think, the car market is not a 'game', and certainly not a winner-take-all one. It is, from the supply-side of the market, just a profit-maximising business.

Who is to say that with the quality improvements Tata has already been implementing in the Vista, Storme, Manza, Aria and now also in dealerships and ASS, AND with the Bolt, Zest, Revotron engine and later the Nexon they will not again move the passenger car business back into the black?

How does it matter whether their sales count leaves them at no.2 or no.5? This is not a game that ever ends for there to be 'winners' and 'losers' decided with finality. Provided one is making enough profits to stay in the 'game', that is.

I have no doubt that Tata Motors, which is by a VERY long distance the BIGGEST car and truck company in India, will be around competing well ENOUGH ten or twenty years from now.

Last edited by desdemona : 28th April 2014 at 22:30. Reason: spelling
desdemona is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 23:14   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Why, not at all? So that we can continue to laugh at their cars? I am fed up of seeing everyone taking a potshot at Tata Motors and also more fed up of seeing TM doing nothing to improve their lot. And they will never learn. Also, RSR, just tell me honestly, will you ever buy a Tata car in future? No matter how much they improve. I'm sure answer is a resounding no. I'm sure none of any teambhpian will ever buy a Tata car again. Heck, even cabbies won't buy. They abandoned Tata brand long ago. Even a village simpleton with very little knowledge about things automotive won't buy a Tata car. So, who are they planning to make cars for? Martians? Just get out of car business and focus on other industries. India has forgotten Tata cars altogether. It is like Philips of 70s/80s. Once very strong brand. This brand once had Indians eating out of its palm. Now? Have you seen any Philips outlet or any new product in any household? Well, Tata has gone same way. Bye Bye Tata cars.
Bro, No offense but everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Sure you have your point of view and are entitled to them. As far as I am concerned I owned an Indica DLS Turbo for 5 years and now presently own a Manza VX ( 12 months to date ) and I will be one of the first to buy a Zest! To coin an old phrase " yeh jo public hain yeh saab jaanti hain " and so i am pretty sure that the Zest and Bolt will take this country by storm. Dont underestimate Tata as yet. Also remember they are the ones who went and acquired companies abroad. All the Tata bashing is purely due to this pseudo culture of not wanting to accept any Indian Car!

Cheers to you!

Be Safe!

God Bless!
shashi63 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 23:55   #562
Senior - BHPian

As much as I too believe 'Tata bashing' was largely due to the pseudo culture of people not willing to buy any Indian car, TaMo too seems to have accepted & adopted that same pseudo culture - as evident by the video of the Nexon concept (where the setup is anything but Indian), or even how its sponsoring the glamour industry (IMO pseudo personalities constructed by 'benefitted' mass media) at IIFA awards at Tampa Bay in Florida.

So IMO lets not get carried away thinking they're holy cows. EOD TaMo is a corporate thats out there to make money using any so called 'right'/'wrong' (as long as its legal) marketing tool to sell their product.

Just my 2 paise.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 28th April 2014 at 23:56.
Old 29th April 2014, 00:43   #563
BHPian

Quote:
I would have partly agreed with you if I would have been reading this post prior to 3rd Feb 2014. That is, the day the revealed the Bolt and the Zest. Prior to that my dislike to Tata was similar.

But if you think that Tata is a bygone, sir, I have to point out to you that you have read the future wrong.

Though these cars are nothing more than face lifted Vistas, they show more than just design, they show Intention. And these "face lifted Vistas" will buy Tata the time they require to bring out all-new vehicles and reclaim what they lost.

These cars from Tata WILL be to them what Amaze was to Honda, or even more. They have no production constraints I personally expect just these two cars to sell at least in 10K nos. together. This footfall might give a slight pep to Nanos' sales too?

They follow this with an all new hatch, and 2 SUVs. They are far from over. In fact, might get back at being No. 02, who knows?

Will I buy the BOLT/ZEST?

Hell Yeah!!

Will I gamble with Tata motors a company known for niggly products and poor aftersales?

I will always be lenient to any Indian company which is working hard to grow in the WORLD like doing business in India is not tough enough already.

I have respect for Indians trying to achieve at the global platform trying to overcome inexperience and poor infrastructure.

So for me, the only brands who seem to be capable of challenging Maruti and Hyundai today are Honda and Tata. I wouldnt be surprised if Hyundai would slip to No.4 in the coming years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

Different time, same situation; different fuel, same result. Yes, I mean Tata must go ELECTRIC! And by "go", I mean go all out,
Hi RSR, your post reminded me of this documentary called "Who killed the electric Car?"

One reason Im not sure about the future of EVs in the world leave alone India.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th April 2014 at 12:50. Reason: Merging back to back posts
400notout is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 08:49   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Zest and Bolt seems to a make or break situation for Tata Motors in the Passenger car segment -expects a minimum monthly volumes of 23,000 to 24,000 units !

Ahead of the twin launches of its Bolt hatchback and Zest compact sedan, Tata Motors is going on a hiring mode to beef up sales, marketing and service networks as it bets big on the new cars to recoup lost market share. Emotional connect with the customers by using the medium of Bollywood, cricket and music ( Bollywood IIFA Awards and it is also one of the key sponsors for Indian Premier League team Royal Challengers Bangalore to create buzz about the brand)

Quote:
With the Revetron engine, we will reach out to a large petrol market, where the company had a limited presence. We will launch India's first affordable AMT (automated manual transmission) diesel car and cars will be equipped with advanced Harman system, which is next level of connectivity between cars and cell phone
Quote:
We are attempting to re-haul the perception of Tata Motors brand," Arora said. Experts say, it is a make or break situation for Tata Motors, which has seen a decade-low market share of around 7.94 per cent in FY14, with the company relegated to fourth position and volumes falling over 36.67per cent to 1.98 lakh units
Quote:
Tata Motors will also hire 3,000-3,500 sales force in the next six months. The hiring will be along with their dealers, wherein every potential candidate will have to go through a psychometric and aptitude test to come onboard for Tata Motors, which is a first in the automotive space
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...odels/34357801

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th April 2014 at 08:56.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 11:14   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Spotted Zest today afternoon at Koramangala intermediate ring road Bangalore.
Today I have seen this car on Hosur Road at Huskur gate. I first misunderstood this car as the new Ford Fiesta. But later could identify it correctly. Could not take a photo as I am driving.

Thanks,
Old 29th April 2014, 11:42   #566
BHPian

Tata Motors seem to be going really gung ho on the new launches, good to see some employment generation as well even though not sure what was meant by 3000 more to be hired in anticipation of the upcoming launches...hiring in sales/production/marketing/all?

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/Xa...est-and-B.html
Old 29th April 2014, 11:51   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
One reason Im not sure about the future of EVs in the world leave alone India.
Well said. I was about to post same. How many Revas does one see on road? EVs are nothing new. All major manufacturers world over toyed with the idea of electric vehicles as far back as early 80s. Thirty years on, they are still a miniscule percentage of cars owned by green brigade kinda guys out to make statements that they care for environment. These guys probably also have a gas-guzzler tucked away for regular use. And they drive in EVs to receive awards/conventions/press meets etc. Huh!

Coming to Tatas, I have been an ardent fan of brand Tata since before they got into auto business. And I used to vehemntly argue with anyone who tried to put that brand down. When I want Tata to exit car making business, it is out of respect for a brand which I do not want to see go down. I feel bowing out gracefully is better than being a laughing stock of everyone. For those who ask, laughing stock? Where? Well, we can see several posts here devoted to deriding Tata cars.

And as though to prove its detractors right, Tata Motors has been sleeping like Rip Van Winnkle. They ruled the roost with Sumo once. They just handed that pie to M&M. Safari capitulated to Scorpio eons ago. One of the most important thing Tata needs to do is to make cars which should not even remotely resemble Indica/Indigo/Manza/Vista - neither in looks , nor in names. These brands are finished. No point flogging a dead horse. But I still see shades of these cars in Bolt/Zest in appearance. Hence, will they succeed? I seriously doubt.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post and avoid quoting images / videos in your reply.

Quoting a full, long post with images / videos inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 30th April 2014 at 12:47.
Old 29th April 2014, 12:47   #568
BHPian

Those who understand car business well, would appreciate how capital intensive it is, and why local firms cant bring new cars faster, while It is relatively easier for their other counterparts (Japanese, Korean, European) etc After all they are here to do business more than anything else. Ups and downs are part of the life cycle of any corporate entity, that does not always mean they should close down.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 13:25   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
Those who understand car business well, would appreciate how capital intensive it is, and why local firms cant bring new cars faster, while It is relatively easier for their other counterparts (Japanese, Korean, European) etc After all they are here to do business more than anything else. Ups and downs are part of the life cycle of any corporate entity, that does not always mean they should close down.
Ups and downs? There are only downs. No ups. With every passing month, Tata Motors is hitting a new low in terms of sales. If this trend continues, I wonder if they will be able to sell even 1000 cars a month, all models put together.
Old 29th April 2014, 14:07   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Ups and downs? There are only downs. No ups. With every passing month, Tata Motors is hitting a new low in terms of sales. If this trend continues, I wonder if they will be able to sell even 1000 cars a month, all models put together.
Let's revisit your bold prediction in April 2015. Being an existing customer, I personally can vouch for the improvements in their cars and service centers since 2010. And I for one, don't mind buying one more TATA car considering the low maintenance and affordable pricing. Please don't represent the entire team-bhpian's while making bold statements like none of us buy a TATA car
sajanjohn is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks