Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2014, 14:46   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo

Any idea when is the launch? (I mean pricing off course ) When will these cars made available in real world? I hope Tata will launch it soon in the market. People don't have to wait for this. I guess they will price it little below Swift and Dzire. If that's the case then its really good
Old 3rd February 2014, 14:48   #212
Senior - BHPian

Great job by TML. The designs are great, especially the interiors and I think the Zest is the most proportionate compact sedan available today.

Feb. 2014 is going to be an awesome month for us auto junkies.
Old 3rd February 2014, 14:51   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Any idea when is the launch? (I mean pricing off course ) When will these cars made available in real world? I hope Tata will launch it soon in the market. People don't have to wait for this. I guess they will price it little below Swift and Dzire. If that's the case then its really good
@aniketi, these cars will be launched in Jun-14. I remember reading the same in IAB.
Old 3rd February 2014, 14:53   #214
BHPian

I am happy the way the Project Falcon has shaped out into Bolt and more so for Zest. I am now eagerly waitting for a TBHP review on driving dynamics and overall build.

If i am not wrong TML was also to launch a mini SUV based on this X1 platform. Is this something expected during Auto Expo 2014?

A big shoutout to Karl for giving the much needed direction to TML in terms of design and theme. TML and the Indian Automobile community will miss him a lot!

Last edited by soumobakshi : 3rd February 2014 at 14:55.
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 14:56   #215
BHPian

The biggest and segment best feature is the rear suspension. It is independent 3-link McPherson strut with anti-roll bar. Even the C segment, full-fledged sedans don't come with an independent rear suspension, leave alone any hatchback.

Interesting to note that both have the same wheelbase i.e. 2470 mm. So the Zest compact sedan is an extended version of the Vista, rather than a shrunk Manza.
jessie007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:00   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Specs of the Zest (courtesy IAB)-...
Tata Zest Diesel announced with Automated Manual Transmission - IAB
Once again, TATA at it's BEST!! Segment first DIESEL AT!! Way to go guys!!

Edit:: I would have loved to see 90 bhp diesel variant though!! And any particular reason they did NOT want to go with Bolt AT? Now I would like to look at their strategy to prevent Bolt / Zest from NOT getting into taxi market.

Is Vista going to be retained?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd February 2014 at 15:03.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:01   #217
BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

So finally a meaningful and good looking offering from the innovator of sub 4 meter sedan. Having introduced Indigo CS in the market, last couple of years must be really painful for Tata watching Suzuki capturing almost entire chunk of sub 4m sedan. Lets hope it brings much needed sales numbers for the struggling car maker.
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:02   #218
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

The TML guys have done a brilliant job, I only hoped Mr.Slym was around to witness this big milestone for Tata. The interiors look quite modern too, makes the ugly looking Dzire a car from the flintstone era

Good job Tata!
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:10   #219
Senior - BHPian

If Tata has this car ready for launch, then i am not sure why Tata recently launched the Vista Tech?? What is the purpose of launching it? Or its just a temporary arrangement till these cars actually get launched in the market after next 4-5 months?
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:13   #220
Senior - BHPian

Well done Tata ! You make us proud. I was never expecting a Honda or Hyundai quality from you, but we all expected better than what you had to offer. These new cars are fantastically styled, are proportioned (the sedan) and have great interiors. Tata motors was going the Air India way, we all knew it was Indian but we stayed away from it inspite of the patriotism.
RIP Karl, you have done a great job while at the helm.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:19   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

I really feel bad for Mr. Slym. For taking all those harsh criticisms in his stride, these two would have been an absolute great start and would have given him due credit for this effort to move on!! This also would have made him understand the market pulse and bring in what we wanted!

To be very honest, I am extremely happy with both the cars. I have been trying to locate the Indica / Vista in these cars and somehow NOT able to see a LOT of similarity - though there are still design clues. For a short term goal, I am quite pleased with the output.

And when a lot of discussions happening around a diesel AT in the market, TATA was the last one I expected to come out with. This is definitely a preview of the thought process happening inside TML I hope.

Though Zest is NOT a great looking sedan, it is definitely well acceptable in the segment. Am I the ONLY one who is NOT able to see a lot of design clues between the Bolt & Zest either?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd February 2014 at 15:21.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:21   #222

More from TATT Motors website.

http://mediacentre.tatamotors.com/Pr...4#.Uu9lKfmSxDA

The NEXT Generation Global Cars -
All-New ZEST & BOLT Showcase the New DNA of Tata Motors
DesigNext, DriveNext, ConnectNext

DESIGNEXT:
• All-new Design language
• New signature Tata grill with the Humanity Line
• New front identity, dynamic silhouette
• Premium interiors and chrome embellishments sleek cockpit
• Striking all-new colours

DRIVENEXT:
• Launching F-Tronic Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) technology for feather-light, finger-shift, clutch-free driving for the Zest, first-in-class for compact sedan
• Best-in-class REVOTRON with all-new MPFi-Turbocharged, 1.2T petrol engine
• Segment first EPAS, with Active Return function, speed-sensitive power steering
• New advanced ABS for improved braking efficiency, with cornering stability

CONNECTNEXT:
• All-new, next-generation HARMAN Infotainment System
• New MapmyIndia next generation navigation & location based services
• State-of-the-art 5-inch touchscreen to access music, video and more
• First-in-class integrated HVAC with enhanced HMI for controls and experience touchscreen access.
• Advanced Bluetooth, voice recognition, text to speech and phone-enabled navigation

Tata Motors today unveiled two all-new cars - the classy sedan, ZEST and the sporty, dynamic premium hatchback, BOLT that look to redefine the passenger car market with new design aesthetics, segment-defining drive experience and high-tech Infotainment system.

ZEST - that clearly signifies enthusiasm for life, for the sense of excitement, anticipation, and energy it brings, approaching life as an adventure. It is all about being vivacious and energetic.
Those who have Zest exude excitement and energy while approaching life and that is the new ZEST Sedan, in character.
BOLT- with the name signifying speed, it represents an attitude of winning, and staying ahead. This attitude is embodied in the all-new BOLT in all aspects of design, drive and seamless connect.
Speaking on the occasion of the launch, *Mr. Ranjit Yadav, President, Passenger Vehicles, Tata Motors, said, "We at Tata Motors are delighted to showcase to the global market the much awaited next generation cars - the ZEST, a stunning and exciting new compact sedan and the BOLT, a dynamic hatch. These cars have been engineered for global markets, through global teams across India, UK and Korea to set new standards in their respective segments. These cars are a true representation of our Horizonext philosophy, with best-in-class offerings for performance that yet offers economy and efficiency."

ZEST and BOLT have been designed and developed based on three key fundamental principles, namely, DesigNext, DriveNext, ConnectNext.
ZEST and BOLT, a result of the collaborative design inputs from the three Tata Motors design studios in Pune, Coventry (UK) and Turin ( Italy), come with several segment first features and a new design language on the exterior and the interior of the car.

The company has introduced a new design language - DesignNext - that gives an expression to an excellent combination of sleek, smart styling and enhanced comfort that increases driver productivity. The new design language distills the fine points of auto design with cuts and lines that accentuate the modern India and its global citizens.
The new design semantics include the new Tata signature grill with new the Humanity Line, visually flowing into the dynamic headlamps to create a unique design signature for the brands. With flowing lines that create an illusion of movement even when the car is standing still, its exterior exaggerates size to give it a feeling of a larger hatchback or a sedan. In the ZEST, the projector headlamps complemented by chrome accents, the daytime running lights, the rear treatment of LED lamps, the trendy 15" alloy wheels, combined with a signature Buzz Blue colour, add up to a dynamic and stylish pouncing stance. Matching aesthetic design with function, the BOLT's floating roof spoiler not only provides an extra-sporty touch but also aids in aerodynamics. The sporty, confident look is further enhanced with fog lamp Bezels.
The interiors of both these cars are geared for a premium feel. The driver-focused dashboard architecture carries premium chrome embellishment to render the cockpit with an aura of elegance. The instrument cluster and the central AC vents are connected in a single wing-shaped graphics.

DriveNext, is a new approach to the driving dynamics that offers driver complete control of a highly responsive machine. The ZEST and BOLT will be powered by the segment-first, Turbocharged Intercooled Multi-point Fuel-Injected (MPFi) Petrol Engine, REVOTRON 1.2T, which brings revolution in refinement, performance and economy.
The diesel variant of ZEST will have the first-in-class F-Tronic technology-enabled, 5-speed Automated Manual Transmission and will be powered by a segment-leading 90PS engine with 200 Nm of uninterrupted flat torque to offer a peppy drive with seamless delivery of power.
Further, both ZEST and BOLT will have EPAS (Electronic Power Assisted System), with 'Active Return' function and speed sensitive power steering - a first for both segments. New advanced ABS for improved braking efficiency and with yet another segment-first, the Cornering Stability feature, add to the safety features of the vehicle. A silent, quieter cabin will ensure a pleasant and superlative drive experience. The Dual-path suspension coupled with a zero pivot subframe ensures smooth and comfortable ride. The improved suspension provides effective isolation from road inputs without compromising on the body control, translating into a class leading balance between ride and handling. This provides for a very comfortable but engaging drive experience.

At Tata Motors, with ConnectNext, the company will deliver a new level of driving and ownership experience as users from their own smart device, can not only enjoy superior quality of entertainment, control the deliverance of all ergonomics, acoustics and climatic needs, but also get access to outside world seamlessly, with a touch.
Recognizing the dynamic consumer world where connectivity is an increasing need for all, Tata Motors has associated with HARMAN for designing the infotainment and audio acoustics system and with MapmyIndia for next generation navigation & location based services.

The company has incorporated latest new technologies to make the ZEST and the BOLT, the most connected, high-tech hatchback and sedan respectively. Forming the core of the ConnectNext experience is the all-new HARMAN infotainment system with first-in-class features that will allow the car users to stay connected with friends, family and the world.
With the 5-inch touchscreen supporting rich multimedia experience, advanced Bluetooth technology, smart voice recognition, advanced smartphone integration, supporting phone enabled navigation, social media integration, touch phone controlled interface, the ZEST and the BOLT will ensure these car users could seamlessly integrate their professional and personal lives into their commute and travel, while bringing in an unparalled infotainment experience. The system has in-built HVAC controls, which is a first-in-class experience for all consumers.

Manufactured on a completely enhanced X1 platform, the ZEST and the BOLT mark a strategic shift towards a global portfolio of cars designed to offer high performance and connectivity. These cars will be launched in 2014 in India and subsequently in other countries.

Last edited by Mpower : 3rd February 2014 at 21:44.
Rajseniorhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:24   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Feels great to get the news at last. And what a job indeed. Congratulations to TML & the whole team involved. As always, they have redefined every aspect of the 2 segments. I hope they can carry on with the edge & don't lose out to competition purely on the basis of marketing in future after the launches. Maintain the momentum TML, way to go!
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:29   #224
BHPian

Man, are these really from Tata, I just cannot associate such savvy designs coming shortly to a Tata showroom nearby. Priced sensibly, these are sure to be a great success. The move away from Indica / Manza beckons well for TML and should revive their floundering sales.
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:30   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
If Tata has this car ready for launch, then i am not sure why Tata recently launched the Vista Tech?? What is the purpose of launching it? Or its just a temporary arrangement till these cars actually get launched in the market after next 4-5 months?
Probably, they would like to finish off all the inventory before going in full throttle with Bolt and Zest.
rdhawan15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks