Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:43   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo

Superb Stuff!!! Projector headlights in the Bolt is a excellent addition.

The A/c Climate Control would be controlled from the infotainment system. It reads out SMS's and answers voice commands. Designs look great too.

Good show at the Launch.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-bfh6b06cyaa1r0j.jpg

Christmas tree tail lamps GONE! #Relieved
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-bfh3_5jceaipfn.jpg

Notice they've only done Bumper plastic changes, but the design is really come out well. Others should learn a thing or tow from TATA about how mid-life design face-lifts should be.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-bfh49zkccaenwhi.jpg

Projector Headlights!
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-bfh7pascqaaohlr.jpg

Can't decide which I like more, Bolt or Zest.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-bfh74nzciaarwac.jpg-large.jpg

It comes with 2 modes - Economy & Sport.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-drive.jpg

TATA has really done quite some work. The revamp looks good for the next 5 years.

Karl Slym would've LOVED to pose with the cars. Anyway. His work might have just been enough push to turn around Tata Motors fortunes.

Also, they had Narain Karthikeyan for the Launch, with a scripted 'Small Talk' session. Narain, I MUST say, should stick to what he does best - behind the wheel. Was weird looking at him struggle with small talk. Anyway.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-trio.jpg

Good show overall.

P.S. : Pic Ctsy - Anonymous tweets'.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 3rd February 2014 at 12:50.
GrammarNazi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:44   #167
BHPian

Zest looks good, especially from the rear. Any idea when would this be launched and bookings accepted?
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:45   #168
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Tata Bolt Interior:

wow!!
Woweeee!!! Boy, oh boy, Tata are evolving indeed!

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-image.jpg

This is the first obviously visible output we see of the fundamental changes Karl Slym was bringing in to a slow, bureaucratic organisation. It's really sad we don't have him with us anymore. He sure was taking them in the right direction, with the severe resource constraints in place (existing platform etc.)

It was very nice of Tata to pay tribute to him and for keeping the launch low key (no dancing and celebrating etc.) - just a simple unveil by Tata Motors' top executives and Narain Karthikeyan, explanation of features and a Q & A session.

Last edited by RSR : 3rd February 2014 at 12:55.
RSR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:49   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Wow! Now that is surely revolutionary for tata instead of step up change.

To me it looks like the ground clearance has been upped a little. Waiting for the finer details like boot size for Zest.

Last edited by rock75 : 3rd February 2014 at 12:52.
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:51   #170
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India has a set of official images:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-gal...ry-371210.aspx
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:51   #171
BHPian

Honestly I like what I see! especially the Bolt hatchback. Design cue looks more like a mix and match of SX4 and Palio for good.

Now, if the QC is good enough to ensure consistency in delivering the product with better checks, then there is no reason that someone should overlook these while on the market for a hatchback/4M sedan.

A pat on the back for Tata design team. They deserve it according to me.
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:53   #172
Senior - BHPian

Tata Bolt rear view.
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltpressshotrear1024x576.jpg  

mukeshgoel is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:57   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
The live webcast has started here at the Tata Connect website. There might be delays as usual. But the window appears to be quite small when not maximized. Wonder who will be unveiling in place of Karl Slym.

Its Mr Ranjit Yadav- President - passenger vehicles Division .

Also the the above images of TATA BOLT , TATA ZEST and the interiors are simply WOW!

Now only if we Indians can appreciate this effort..

The same design cues from a HONDA or a TOYOTA might have created a huge buzz and Awe.

I hope this time TATA is able to rake in a few sales numbers.

They need to keep working very hard and very fast for that in near future and that too with Mr Karl Slym.
It is going to be big shoes to fill in. How Mr Slym was so perfect for TML at this critical Juncture.

Last edited by madhu33 : 3rd February 2014 at 13:15.
madhu33 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:58   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Does Narain Kartkayan's presence here signify anything:

I bet he has worked on balanced handling of the vehicle. BD Sir, will you confirm a bit or two.
I think he is there just to promote the products. Like he was promoting the Sumo Gold earlier.
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:59   #175
Senior - BHPian

The cars look good from the outside and the interior is great.
They just make the Vista& Manza look so so outdated.
Well done!
I think I am gonna pick the Zest when it gets launched. It looks cool to me!

Edit: The screen looks better integrated in the dashboard than in the new Corolla

Last edited by rrsteer : 3rd February 2014 at 13:03.
rrsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 13:00   #176
Senior - BHPian

I would like to see the images in real world, real sunlight. Overall looks okay to me but still i am unhappy that Tata couldn't get rid of Vista looks completely. It still looks very similar to the Vista which i don't like. Zest look quite similar to Dzire in terms of boot. Tata going safe way i guess by copying market leader here.

Interiors though are far better than exterior. Very well put, thought of. Looks really classy and up market. Way to go Tata. Good going. Bring some more.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 13:00   #177
BANNED

Looks good in blue color. I think they have done the justice with the design of both the new cars. Interiors are also great.
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazestpressshot1024x576.jpg  

ottocycle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 13:02   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Woweeee!!! Boy, oh boy, Tata are evolving indeed!

This is the first real output we see of the fundamental changes Karl Slym was bringing in to a slow, bureaucratic organisation. It's real ad we don't have him with us anymore. He sure was taking them in the right direction, with the severe resource constraints in place (existing platform etc.)

It's very nice of Tata to pay tribute to him and for keeping the launch low key - no dancing, singing and celebrating etc. - just a simple unveil by Tata Motors' top executives and Narain Karthikeyan, explanation of features and a Q & A session.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Superb Stuff!!! Projector headlights in the Bolt is a excellent addition.

The A/c Climate Control would be controlled from the infotainment system. It reads out SMS's and answers voice commands. Designs look great too.

Karl Slym would've LOVED to pose with the cars. Anyway. His work might have just been enough push to turn around Tata Motors fortunes.
Well done Tata, well done!! Honestly the first time I am impressed by a new car launch by an Indian company. Karl Slym needs a huge round of applause for such a tremendous job. He made his engineers do a few tweaks to the exterior and interior and still managed to get a car that looks completely different from the previous generation one. The interiors look super cool with that black and orange treatment.

May be and just may be , they could have tried a better design for its alloy wheels and a better rear bumper for the Zest.
Overall a superb job!
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 13:05   #179
Senior - BHPian

Host of images available on the Tata website. I think the designs are bold and shows that the company is constantly evolving. The seamless integration of the boot in the Zest is definitely a great improvement over the Manza and does not look as an add-on or after-thought. Also for the first time, the rear on both the Tatas look better. I hope the Aria gets a different back too.

High-res pictures are available here plus videos too. http://mediacentre.tatamotors.com/zest-and-bolt/
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltimage1.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltimage2.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltimage3.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltimage4.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazestimage1.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazestimage2.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazestimage3.jpg  

discoverwild is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 13:05   #180
Senior - BHPian

Specs of the Zest (courtesy IAB)-

1. Engine - The petrol engine is the newly developed 1.2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder Revotron motor. It will produce 85 PS @ 5,000 rpm & 140 Nm of torque between 1,750-3,000 rpm on the Zest. The diesel engine will be the 1.3-liter Quadrajet motor outputting 90 PS @ 4,000 rpm & 200 Nm of torque between 1,750-3,000 rpm.

2. Dimensions - Essentially a sub-4 meter Manza, the Zest measures 3995 mm in length, 1695 mm in width & 1570 mm in height. The vehicle weights 1,106 kg & comes with a 44 liter fuel tank.

3. More - Inside, the Zest sports Tata’s new Human Machine Interface system. This sees a 5-inch touchscreen display offer various functions such as Bluetooth, smartphone integration, supporting phone enabled navigation, social media integration, touch phone controlled interface & in-built HVAC controls.

Tata Zest Diesel announced with Automated Manual Transmission - IAB

Quote:
The Zest name “signifies enthusiasm for life, for the sense of excitement, anticipation, and energy it brings, approaching life as an adventure. It is all about being vivacious and energetic”.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________

Specs of the Bolt (courtesy IAB)-

1. Engine - The petrol is the newly announced 1.2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder Revotron motor which will produce 85 PS @ 5,000 rpm & 140 Nm of torque between 1,750-3,000 rpm. The diesel will feature the familiar 1.3-liter Quadrajet motor outputting 75 PS & 190 Nm of torque.

2. More - The car resembles the Vista in profile, Tata says the new grille with ‘Humanity Line’ and projector headlights clearly differentiates the Bolt from the Vista. Inside, Tata spoke about an all-new HARMAN infotainment system with a 5-inch touchscreen supporting various functions. It supports Bluetooth, voice recognition, smartphone integration, supporting phone enabled navigation, social media integration, touch phone controlled interface & in-built HVAC controls.

Quote:
The Bolt name represents an “attitude of winning, and staying ahead”.
I hope they have paid hefty royalty to original Bolt .

Both cars styled by three of Tata Motors design studios (in Pune, Coventry, UK and Turin, Italy).

Last edited by CARDEEP : 3rd February 2014 at 13:15.
CARDEEP is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks