Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2014, 11:38   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
All of the above cars use X1 (Indica) platform.

So, Falcon = Code-name for revamped Vista. All-new 2016 Vista yet to get a name.
Would you please let us know if you have this information from any reliable source or insider?
Old 14th January 2014, 21:58   #92
Senior - BHPian

Tushky,

Kindly don't take names/relations as the www is a small world. Let's wait and watch. :-)

Sourabhzen,

TML insiders.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 14th January 2014 at 21:59. Reason: spelling
JayPrashanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 22:20   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Vista Falcon hatch and sedan unveil on 3rd February.

Quote:
Motors will unveil two new cars, based on the Vista platform. One will be a hatchback and the other a sedan. Vista facelift on 3rd February 2014, two days before the Delhi Auto Expo.

Though names are yet to be revealed, the two cars are codenamed Falcon as of now, the hatchback is Falcon 4 (Vista Facelift) and the sedan is Falcon 5. Price of the two will be ranged from Rs 4.75 to Rs 7.5 lakh
The sedan will compete with the existing Market leader DZire and Amaze and would take on the upcoming Grand i10 sedan from Hyundai and the Figo based sedan from Ford.

Powertrains for the Falcons will be the diesel the 1.3lMultijet Fiat engine and for the petrol it will be the 1.2l turbocharged engine.

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th January 2014 at 22:23.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 09:09   #94
Senior - BHPian

Tata and compete? I do not agree.
They only try to work towards taking first mover advantage - at times it has worked for them and many a times they have failed.
Indica - Entry with diesel hatch (worked)
Indigo CS - Worked for almost a year and then fell apart
Nano - Failure written in bold right from day one, poor management of show and issues around setting up of production facility (West Bangal & then Gujarat) took its toll on Nano
Vista - Too late to listen to customers, a central aligned dash even after a multijet was a no-no for many; management was enjoying success of JLR
Safari / Strome - Limited takers, not a mass market product either. Others are producing far better product. More so several of the Safari owners who switched to Strome are not happy with many changes made by Tata's in the new offering.
Aria - What is that? Was it launched by Tata Motors.

I was a Tata fan and had their car for almost a decade but could not suggest anyone else to buy it, as there were issues with it
- Course unrefined engine in V2
- Hot start-up problem
- Coolent leaks (every now and then) - I do not know what the Tata technicians mean by "aapki gadi gas bana rahi hai" and finally decided to let go
- Electrical failures every now and then
- AC failure

No doubt small diesel hatch introduced a new segment in India - which was missing in MSIL stable, but Tata's never took other players seriously and now witnessing this small eroded presence in Indian market.

Too little, and rather too late.

Last edited by i74js : 15th January 2014 at 09:17.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 16:47   #95
BHPian

I'm confused .
A) Do the scoop pics show Vista facelift mules or Falcon 4?
B) OR are the Falcon cars something completely different and we haven't seen any pics yet?
Old 15th January 2014, 17:07   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_head View Post
I'm confused .
A) Do the scoop pics show Vista facelift mules or Falcon 4?
B) OR are the Falcon cars something completely different and we haven't seen any pics yet?
i am not very sure, but i think this car will come from falcon project

Name:  ForumRunner_20140115_170707.png
Views: 5483
Size:  218.8 KB
Attached Images

tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 18:13   #97
BHPian

If Tata indeed comes up with something like this by 2015 (not by 2025) it would be so so amusing.
This is where they have been so lacking .
They have the designs and concepts but those just remain on paper for too too long.

I doubt Tata can come up with anything similar to above pictures in next 5 years.

If they do i would be the happiest.
Old 15th January 2014, 18:20   #98
Senior - BHPian

@tushky, Don't these pics point to the Dolphin range, the one that is supposed to sit between the Nano and the Indica (Vista)?

BTW, ET also confirmed the Dolphin project in one of its articles on Autoexpo.
Quote:
Tata Motors is likely to launch at least five global vehicles and introduce a totally new range of hatchbacks and sedans coded under its Falcon and Dolphin range that will replace its ageing Indica and Indigo fleet.
source - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/28567825.cms

I am not sure about their unveiling at the Autoexpo, though. Let's hope I am wrong
safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 02:12   #99
BHPian

CarToq's Exclusive Render of the Tata Falcon 5 Compact Sedan's Rear/
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 06:32   #100
Senior - BHPian

It was heard that Tata is developing a new hatchback as a world car, designed by Marcello Gandini, an Italian car designerr, known for his work with the automotive design house Greppo Bertone. He is a freelance car designer presently and is working on this new TATA car project.
Saw a picture in an article that appeared in the Malayalam daily Malayala Manorama, yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tata-copy.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 17th January 2014 at 06:39.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 17:39   #101
Senior - BHPian

Tata should stop pinning their hopes on Vista as a Swift rival (however good the Vista might be). What they should do is to use their CR 4 in Vista and position the car ( with whatever cosmetic changes ) just above the Indica and introduce new designs ( like the much reported Falcon range ) to compete with Swift et al.

Same with sedans too. Introduce a Manza CS with CR 4, position it just above the eCS. Position the Falcon sedan a bit higher to compete with the Dzire, Etios etc.
Old 18th January 2014, 11:33   #102
Senior - BHPian

Now Zigwheels is claiming that the Tata's 1.2L Turbo-Petrol engine (to be launched on 20th of this month) produces just under 100ps power, as compared to 80bhp claimed by ACI. Source-

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...-family/17693/

This implies there will be different mills facelifted Manza (~100ps) & Vista (~80bhp) in petrol guise for the same 1.2l engine, much like the diesel engine bifurcation that exists for these two.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 12:42   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Manza CS/Falcon 5 compact sedan spied testing in India.

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zigwheelsexclusivetatamanzacsscoopspyshots16012014m3_560x420.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zigwheelsexclusivetatamanzacsscoopspyshots16012014m4_560x420.jpg

Quote:
Tata Motors has begun testing the Manza compact sedan, code-named the Falcon 5 on Indian roads. The car is likely to be showcased at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo in concept guise while the production version of the car will hit roads only by the end of this year. The Manza CS/Falcon 5 will feature Tata Motors’ new 1.2 liter turbo petrol engine and the 1.3 liter Fiat Multijet turbo diesel engines. In terms of price and positioning, the sub-4 meter car will sit above the Indigo eCS but below the full size Manza sedan.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...-caught/17697/

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th January 2014 at 12:44.
Old 20th January 2014, 15:21   #104
BHPian

So does this mean the mystery around vista facelift and the Falcon range is solved ? Is this facelift of Vista and Manza CS the so called Falcon range ?
It seems to be so to me now after the above scoop pic.

Yes the Manza Cs is looking more proportional.
However given that Tata is suffering from a preconceived notions on there designs,so in order to ensure that these facelifts are well received by the market they need to do something very different from Dzire, Amaze and i10 grand sedan.

This IMO can be projector headlamps and LED tail lamps coupled with very premium looking and feeling interior.

The above expectations are not so hard to be implemented by TML imo.
They have to do it to make the Falcons desirable to potential buyers
(and ofcourse to the buyer's neighbour_that is what matters in India)
Vistas and Manzas in general were reliable and decent package in themselves but were marred by overall perception about TML cars.
So inorder to break that psyche, TML needs to equip the Falcons with some segment breaking features like Projector headlamps / Led tail lamps etc.

Also important for the cars to feel Peppy to drive will be the weight. They have to keep the weight of the Manza sedan under 1000-1050kgs.
That would give a very good power to weight and torque to weight ratio and slowly TML can manage to change the way Urban India looks at there cars.

If they fail to do the 2 things above ( Led tail lamps / projector head lamps & weight reduction)i have my doubts on the success of these facelifts. I really really hope TML has already answered the above 2 parameters while developing this one.

Last edited by madhu33 : 20th January 2014 at 15:32.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:21   #105

Do we see a lawsuit coming on from HONDA? The taillights are much akin to the outgoing City model..

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd January 2014 at 22:47.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks