Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2013, 13:29   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

So when are the prices coming out? The kind of brand loyalty that Honda enjoys, some killer pricing here will see them take the number one slot in the segment.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 13:30   #32
BHPian

Most websites report 175 section tyres, come on Honda with those skinny tyres even bigger cars with more power can report best in class mileage.
D'Artagnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 13:30   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

A Jazz with a boot attached like the earlier blue rendering would have looked much better then this.But looks are subjective.
The good thing is, it has a larger wheel base and has the highest interior space compared to any other car around the 10lakh mark.
Old 25th November 2013, 13:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
So when are the prices coming out? The kind of brand loyalty that Honda enjoys, some killer pricing here will see them take the number one slot in the segment.
I'm sure they're not making much money off the Amaze, they have to make their profit somewhere. In other words - I doubt the pricing is going to be reasonable, if we're lucky it just may be sane.
Old 25th November 2013, 13:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Total Disappointment for me.

I was expecting a really fresher design than the current one. This new model is not as sharp looking as the current model. Its neither flowing nor sharp. Headlights are a bit similar to Sail UVA and the two piece/slot grille looks a bit out of date and weird IMO. But then, its a Honda City and now with diesel which will sell, but at the end of the day, this car lacks wow factor. The rear door meeting C-pillar also looks like it was designed in a hurry.

Overall, the new Toyota Corolla has a better design that this City. I hope there is a refresh soon. The spy shots of new Suzuki sedan make me believe that Suzuki sedan will atleast look a bit more premium than this new City.

Increase in height also does not gel well with the overall design IMO ( I admit looks are subjective, but my expectations were diametrically opposite to what has become reality ). GC, ride & handling and diesel NVH are decisive factors to pull diesel crowd. Amaze did amaze me on how Honda missed on NVH in diesel. Hope its not the same in City.

Eagerly awaiting any TD report for this Evolution ( rather than Revolution ).

Last edited by aaggoswami : 25th November 2013 at 13:37.
Old 25th November 2013, 13:34   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
The good thing is, it has a larger wheel base and has the highest interior space compared to any other car around the 10lakh mark.
You have to hold this statement until Jan , when the pricing is announced!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 13:34   #37
BHPian

Hope it handles close to the Fiesta :-)

"The all new High-Balance Chassis system is yet another addition for better performance. Honda plans to launch this segment changing sedan by January 2014 which is said to be built on the man maximum machine minimum philosophy. Pre-bookings have already started, however, Honda would announce the pricing in January."

Source : http://www.motorbeam.com/news/fourth...o3b7MJdGmzr.99
Old 25th November 2013, 13:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Overall, I am impressed with the car. The feature list is impressive. Even exteriors, looks good. If they price it correctly, this car will be a sure shot success among us. Vfm pricing plus honda badge, it'll see quite alot of takers.

Any idea about pricing, when it's coming out?
Old 25th November 2013, 13:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

Has Honda announced no. of variants for petrol & diesel? I hope they will continue to have 2 AT variants for Petrol & at least one AT variant for diesel.

Link for pricing doesn't include City yet, wonder why it exists on City page then.
Old 25th November 2013, 13:39   #40
BHPian

Just back from the event and I cannot help but smile! Well trust me guys you have to see this in person. No amount of pictures do it justice, it has to be seen face to face. The silver colour looks smashing, rear space is incredibly spacious and that console looks just brilliant(from the new Jazz and expect the Vezel to follow the same) and most of all it gets eight speakers and 4 charging ports are a boon literally. The rear ac vent is nicely placed. Oh and I forgot to say, ample space all around.

And hey, the previous generation was not broke, so why fix it? I know many will be disappointed by this but that adage works really well in this case.

Bring it on Honda!
coolmel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 13:43   #41
Team-BHP Support

The top-end variant seems to get a keyless entry (notice a black dot on the front-passenger door side handle) and the sharkfin antenna as well. The front windshield washer nozzles have been taken off from the bonnet and goes in the water drainage pocket - no more rusting issue.

Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India-anhc.png

Subtle design changes but they seem to have implemented some essential addons IMO. Most of the complaints seem to be aimed at the exteriors being left as it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

As they say, too much of expectations hurt!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th November 2013 at 14:09. Reason: driver>passenger
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 13:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Oh my God! Just take a look at what is going to happen in another 6-8 months - Two Cars from two different brands fighting in the same segment with the same rear ends!

The just unveiled 2014 Honda City -
Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India-newhondacityrearthreequartersviewlaunchliveimage.jpg

The upcoming Maruti Suzuki SX4 replacement YL1 -
Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India-2013suzukiauthentics.jpg

Alarmingly close!!
aravind.anand is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 13:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

As an owner of the 3G Honda City, I am now not too disappointed that my car is now a generation older. External appearance is quite similar (interiors might be better with more equipment) & engine options appear to be the same (in petrol).

Had it been a game changer like the Civic was or with a new engine I would have been sadder.
asr245 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 13:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Wow! She's asking for bigger wheels(alloys) to fill up all that space.

The Honda HU will be great especially if it can actually show realtime info related to the car, like in BMWs and Mercs.
Old 25th November 2013, 13:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

Guys there are features & then only features. Why no one is talking about the engine? Is this car going to run only on features? The petrol motor does not need any introduction. However the 1.5 L i-Dtec diesel was expected to be tuned differently than the Amaze. What are the power & torque figures for the diesel City?
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks