Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2019, 12:51   #271
KMT
BHPian

re: Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21

I am facing the similar issue faced by cardent and vagabond earlier.

On what price is road tax collected?

I have been able to get some prices for vehicles I am interested in but different dealers are quoting different methodology for calculating road tax in Karnataka.

Some have said its the CSD invoice price while others have said its the original (full fat)ex-showroom price.

Would any of you be able to shed light on the method accepted by the RTO?

Last edited by KMT : 16th March 2019 at 12:56.
Old 18th March 2019, 12:08   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
I am facing the similar issue faced by cardent and vagabond earlier.

On what price is road tax collected?

I have been able to get some prices for vehicles I am interested in but different dealers are quoting different methodology for calculating road tax in Karnataka.

Some have said its the CSD invoice price while others have said its the original (full fat)ex-showroom price.

Would any of you be able to shed light on the method accepted by the RTO?
Are they giving you a different On-Road price or just telling a different calculation methodology? The actual CSD invoice is in fact almost close to the Ex-Showroom price. The price you Pay is much lesser Though. The Road Tax would be calculated on either of them depending upon the RTO. But definitely not on the CSD price that we have to pay. Most RTOs have an online system these days wherein the price of the vehicle is automatically fetched from servers to calculate the taxes.
car-dent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 12:53   #273
BHPian

Does anyone know whether the new Honda Amaze is selling via CSD? I'm looking to purchase from Delhi.

My father served in GREF when he was very young for a short period of time and by virtue of that, he holds a CSD card. He served in the NE region and he doesn't have any ex-Service Man's card or anything of that sort. The HQ GREF/BRO HQ if I'm not mistaken. Would he be eligible for a purchase from the CSD? We otherwise avail canteen services regularly.

Further, he is 73 years old, would it be possible to finance the car with him with a co-applicant?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Last edited by sibot : 19th March 2019 at 13:07.
sibot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 11:03   #274
BHPian

Can somebody share if Harley or triumph bikes are available via csd.
Old 24th March 2019, 16:28   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Does anyone know whether the new Honda Amaze is selling via CSD? I'm looking to purchase from Delhi.

My father served in GREF when he was very young for a short period of time and by virtue of that, he holds a CSD card. He served in the NE region and he doesn't have any ex-Service Man's card or anything of that sort. The HQ GREF/BRO HQ if I'm not mistaken. Would he be eligible for a purchase from the CSD? We otherwise avail canteen services regularly.

Further, he is 73 years old, would it be possible to finance the car with him with a co-applicant?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you.
Yes, Honda Amaze is available through CSD.

At 73, I don't think you would be able to finance the car. In SBI, The maximum age limit is that all loan repayment must be complete by age 70 (Even with a Co-applicant).
Old 24th March 2019, 22:04   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
Yes, Honda Amaze is available through CSD.

At 73, I don't think you would be able to finance the car. In SBI, The maximum age limit is that all loan repayment must be complete by age 70 (Even with a Co-applicant).
Thank you for the information. Central Bank, his primary bank, does give him personal loans but they are limited to 2 years.

Thanks for the info about the Honda Amaze. Will def consider it as an option.
Old 2nd May 2019, 20:21   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
Can somebody share if Harley or triumph bikes are available via csd.
Not yet. Premium bikes are yet to be introduced. RE interceptor too has not been introduced.
his-xc-lnc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 01:01   #278
BHPian

Hi,
Dont know why my last post was deleted, anyways to cut to the chase , my mother is the widow of an ex Air force Officer , ENTITLED to upto a 3000cc car once in 4 years as per CSD rules. If anyone here has purchased a toyota fortuner or ford endeavour through csd in delhi Ncr kindly help me out with the procedure involved

Regards
Mayank
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 22:24   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi,
Dont know why my last post was deleted, anyways to cut to the chase , my mother is the widow of an ex Air force Officer , ENTITLED to upto a 3000cc car once in 4 years as per CSD rules. If anyone here has purchased a toyota fortuner or ford endeavour through csd in delhi Ncr kindly help me out with the procedure involved

Regards
Mayank
Mayank,
Google Planet Wheels at NCR. Get their phone number and contact them. They will help you with everything you need. Mr Umesh Luthra is the person you should be asking for.
Regards.
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 09:03   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Army imposes restrictions on purchase of 'cheaper' cars from CSD

As per the new rules which will come into effect from June 1, the officers would be allowed to purchase cheaper cars from CSD canteens only once in eight years.

Quote:
As per the new rules which will come into effect from June 1, the officers would be allowed to purchase cheaper cars from CSD canteens only once in eight years and the cars should be upto 2500 cc engine capacity
Quote:
After the new order, jawans would be allowed to buy cars once during their regular service and once after retirement worth around Rs 6.5 lakh including GST.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th May 2019 at 09:06.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 10:48   #281
PGA
BHPian

Quite a grim set of rules, systemic and bureaucratic deficiencies shouldn't be the reason for deniability of a service, which seems to be the reason in this case. It also seems that comparative benefit for CAPFs stands. Anyways one more reason added for slowdown in the sector.
PGA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 21:27   #282
BHPian

Question... what is the benefit of CSD? Why not scrap all these deep discounts on liquor and cars and simply pay military personnel more?
kovilkalai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 09:47   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovilkalai View Post
Question... what is the benefit of CSD? Why not scrap all these deep discounts on liquor and cars and simply pay military personnel more?
I guess that is for two reasons, 1. Not everyone is going to buy a vehicle from CSD, believe me on this my dad during his entire service in Army and retired life, has bought only one vehicle (Activa) from CSD. And if government had to cut down these benefits and increase the salary component it will cost them much more.
2. Also, when it comes to FMCG items CSD is lot more beneficial than having increased salary, which might not be significant in case of junior level service personnel.
Jerryaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 14:02   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryaj View Post
2. Also, when it comes to FMCG items CSD is lot more beneficial than having increased salary, which might not be significant in case of junior level service personnel.
Off topic but curious to understand this situation. I have seen there is a considerable amount of corruption in this arrangement where civilians end up getting the FMCG items by various means at lower prices meant for armed forces. Don't ask me how

Since these items are at lower rate, who ends up getting the financial loss- govt, armed forces or the FMCG corporates?
Old 28th May 2019, 17:52   #285
BHPian

Highly arbitrary & illogical set of rules. Clearly framed by persons having no knowledge of automotive sector. I mean, the only cars south of 30 L having 2.5l+ engine are the agricultural UVs & campers - Bolero, Tata xenons, the base Scorpio, TUV & Co. I've hardly seen anyone from the army buying these.
Wonder what due diligence was done for arriving at the magical figure of 12 lakhs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks