Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2014, 19:54   #451
BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

What happens if I drive from Maharashtra to Bangalore for a five day trip?

How do I prove that I will be in Bangalore for just those five days and will be exiting Bangalore (and Karnataka) immediately afterwards?

Will preserving all the toll receipts picked up between Bombay to Bangalore be clinching evidence?

Regards
Yes, the toll receipts and fuel bill will be a valid proof of your journey.
Old 22nd June 2014, 21:26   #452
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

What happens if I drive from Maharashtra to Bangalore for a five day trip?

How do I prove that I will be in Bangalore for just those five days and will be exiting Bangalore (and Karnataka) immediately afterwards?

Will preserving all the toll receipts picked up between Bombay to Bangalore be clinching evidence?

Regards
Bring along with you your company id card, address proof (gas bill/e bill). This will suffice.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 23:04   #453
BHPian

I am planning to write to http://pmindia.nic.in/interact_with_pm.php on this. If anyone can assist with drafting/reviewing the same can please PM me!

The attitude to extract whatever money from common citizens is clearly showing with the lawmakers who made the 30 day rule.

1. If you impose a strict deadline on paying LTT, impose the same on refunds period.
2. OR Have a yearly tax structure
3. Long term solution, have a unified tax structure
0and1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:58   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Bring along with you your company id card, address proof (gas bill/e bill). This will suffice.
Plus all vehicle and license documents in original!
Old 25th June 2014, 09:40   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend reports that RTO checking was ongoing near Silkboard junction towards HSR around 08.00 AM today. Remember few other posts also mentioning the same place, guess this has become popular check point for RTO.
Old 25th June 2014, 11:34   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
A friend reports that RTO checking was ongoing near Silkboard junction towards HSR around 08.00 AM today. Remember few other posts also mentioning the same place, guess this has become popular check point for RTO.
I had seen a PY registered BMW caught there last month sometime in the evening but havent seen them checking recently. Looks like they have stepped it up now.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 12:08   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Thanks for the info Sukhas. Believe all of us here should post any such sightings so that we non-kannadiga cars can plan our routes accordingly. Pls dont misunderstand my request in a negative sense. I am not in favour of breaking laws or evading the taxes, but this 30 day period is slightly too much to handle. I am all ready to pay an annual tax during my stay here. But having to pay the LTT for staying a few years in Bangalore is slightly . Any lawyers among us who could raise some stay order or a PIL against this new rule.

BTW I need to drive down to Banshakari from EC today evening after 5pm. Was planning to take the nice road > bannerghatta road>and left from Jaydeva flyover. What is the status on the bannerghatta road. Some RTO check points I am aware of are
-Wipro gate,EC
-HP office,EC
-Shell petrol pump,bannerghatta road.

Any other points on this stretch that they usually stand.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 12:28   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
...What is the status on the bannerghatta road. Some RTO check points I am aware of are
-Wipro gate,EC
-HP office,EC
-Shell petrol pump,bannerghatta road.

Any other points on this stretch that they usually stand...
I believe I read about a check point near Meenakshi mall. NOT sure it's regular there now a days.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 12:58   #459
BHPian

Quote:
My friend with a PB regd. swift got RTO'ed opposite IIM a couple of weeks ago.
BBR_SHR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 13:04   #460
BHPian

Quote:
They also camp near Wipro Office on Sarjapur Road.

Came across this on the web : http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ority/36766821

I hope something materializes on the free inter-state movement of vehicles.

Last edited by aajohn : 25th June 2014 at 13:18.
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 13:21   #461
Senior - BHPian

Im a bit concerned about the modded Lamborghini Aventador that runs on PY plates in Bangalore. Anyone knows if he has paid his lifetime tax? That would be a mega heist for the RTO officials.

The rule is a bit harsh considering people have only 30 days to pay up their tax. Its time the centre barged in and centralized the tax. It feels a bit like each state is a different country now. People should be able to drive freely all through the country.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 14:57   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some RTO check points I am aware of are ....
NICE road-Bannerghatta Road intersection
Ring road, just before Marthahalli bridge.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 15:39   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
NICE road-Bannerghatta Road intersection
Ring road, just before Marthahalli bridge.
27th main, HSR.
Service road after NICE road entry point, Hosur road(towards Hosa road).
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 17:34   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Im a bit concerned about the modded Lamborghini Aventador that runs on PY plates in Bangalore. Anyone knows if he has paid his lifetime tax? That would be a mega heist for the RTO officials.

The rule is a bit harsh considering people have only 30 days to pay up their tax. Its time the centre barged in and centralized the tax. It feels a bit like each state is a different country now. People should be able to drive freely all through the country.
Audi's, BMW's etc that run on PY number plates will never be caught for sure. I believe there is a BBMP vehicle that has PY number plate. Owners of these vehicles are no doubt big shots who have a say in the govt.
Old 25th June 2014, 18:58   #465
BHPian

Re: 2000 Mercedes E-Class lifetime tax

Sorry for the delayed response. Wasn't well in between and completely forgot about my post.

Thanks a lot for your replies, ajmat and sdp1975!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
On the first part, you are correct, you will need to pay road tax on its invoiced value i.e 0.29 X 0.18 = 5.22% of the cars original value!

You do not need to pay this every 5 years, only the re-registration fee

bottom line - look for something locally and buy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
In KA the tax is valid for the "lifetime" of the vehicle.

You will still need to register your vehicle again and pay a nominal 'green tax' after 15 years when the registration expires, but no road tax.
Looks like I got the road tax part wrong.

So it appears that road tax for an out-of-station vehicle is a one time tax done at the time of registration which turns out to be a huge amount.

After that I just pay a nominal green tax and renew registration every 5 years.

The above doesn't sound that bad at all.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks