Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2014, 18:26   #46
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Diesel & 7-Speed DSG. Black edition too

Well I am planning to buy a skoda rapid , late december to get some mouth watering discounts, but I guess if the reaction is positive I will go for the automatic as my sister will also be using it.
Old 24th September 2014, 18:44   #47
BHPian

After all the criticism that VAG has got, looks like they are the only ones working towards providing engine & mechanical upgrades with their already competent product line unlike just eyewash upgrades provided by other manufacturers by providing restyled bumpers & headlights

This should at least keep the arm chair critics mum for a while !

Honda/Maruti - Now beat this !! It just keeps getting better for the customer :thumbup:
suhas_raj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 19:30   #48
BHPian

This is a great move by Skoda. Only complaint I have now (with Rapid) is its head lights. Current set of head lamps (according to me) are more suitable for a small Hatchback. Really hope to have head lamps from the European model brought here!!
Old 24th September 2014, 19:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
This is a great move by Skoda. Only complaint I have now (with Rapid) is its head lights. Current set of head lamps (according to me) are more suitable for a small Hatchback. Really hope to have head lamps from the European model brought here!!
Is it the design or the functionality you are concerned with ? If its the latter then I hope you are aware that the top spec Rapid gets the projectors that does its job perfectly fine !!

If its design then I guess its subjective & depends on individual tastes. For me though, I find the current design quite appealing. The butterfly grill n chiseled headlamps across all Skoda's are getting a bit too monotonous and the cars are losing individuality.
Old 24th September 2014, 23:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
Is it the design or the functionality you are concerned with ? If its the latter then I hope you are aware that the top spec Rapid gets the projectors that does its job perfectly fine !!

If its design then I guess its subjective & depends on individual tastes. For me though, I find the current design quite appealing. The butterfly grill n chiseled headlamps across all Skoda's are getting a bit too monotonous and the cars are losing individuality.
I was referring to the design (rather the looks) of head lamps. Yes, looks are obviously subjective, hence not expecting everyone to agree with me. I always loved the understated and elegant looks of VAG designs. So I really like the recent design changes applied for all Skoda cars.
Any way, people (here) are looking for the best value for their money. Even if Rapid gets decent numbers in the beginning, sustaining the momentum would be its biggest challenge. Word of mouth publicity has a big role here which again depends on satisfaction levels and feedback from initial set of customers.
Old 25th September 2014, 11:56   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

So today is the Rapid's day. Link to webcast starting at 2PM.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/R..._web_cast.aspx

With the Vento TDI DSG priced so well, would be very interesting to see how the new Rapid is priced. Wonder if the variants with Projectors/Cruise Control and the Black Edition would come in above the Vento.
Old 25th September 2014, 13:55   #52
BHPian

How i wish skoda had Integrated their new design language for the front and rear of the rapid. It would have looked amazing. Anyone know when that is happening?
Old 25th September 2014, 13:59   #53
BHPian

The Skoda Rapid launch is a few minutes away!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid Diesel & 7-Speed DSG. Black edition too-f425650e6b644161b598207082065118original.jpeg  

KevinP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 14:49   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Pricing of the 2014 Rapid facelift:

Name:  Untitled.GIF
Views: 2685
Size:  31.0 KB
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 14:51   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Launched. Almost priced exactly same as the Vento, with the black edition positioned above the Vento. Need to see variant to variant feature comparison

Skoda Rapid Diesel & 7-Speed DSG. Black edition too-rapid_price.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 14:58   #56
BHPian

Well, they did not mention about ESP or Hill Hold as new features, whereas electrically foldable ORVMs did get a mention. Add cruise control and those are two features missing on the new Vento. Also, a "toffee brown" color option for the car is coming in October during the festive season.

Last edited by Horizon81 : 25th September 2014 at 15:09. Reason: typo correction
Old 25th September 2014, 15:04   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Well, they did not mention about ESP or Hill Hold as new features, whereas electrically foldable ORVMs did get a mention. Add cruise control and those are two features missing on the new Vento. Also, a "toffee brown" color option fro the car is coming in October during the festive season.
Well, I saw the keynote and the bald guy was not at all comfortable in what he was presenting.

anyway, the PPT on the projector mentioned 'electrically adjustable ORVM' but he said they are electrically folding. ( I doubt)

Also, the PPT had the old instrument cluster in photos but from the initial car reviews it is clear that the new cluster from polo is being used.

Skoda's management is not up to the mark.
Old 25th September 2014, 15:15   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Well, I saw the keynote and the bald guy was not at all comfortable in what he was presenting.

anyway, the PPT on the projector mentioned 'electrically adjustable ORVM' but he said they are electrically folding. ( I doubt)

Also, the PPT had the old instrument cluster in photos but from the initial car reviews it is clear that the new cluster from polo is being used.

Skoda's management is not up to the mark.
I did see the disparity with regards to the instrument cluster, but did not notice the ORVM one. The guy presenting was nervous, probably the nerves did the damage.

The PPT had "confidential" in the footer, so probably it was an internal draft they used which didn't get much review
Old 25th September 2014, 15:28   #59
BHPian

First impression - the presentation lacked finesse and not really inspiring. Easy to decide between Vento & Rapid for those who watched the webcast.
Old 25th September 2014, 15:33   #60
BHPian

oooooo... the pricing is really close to the vento. now it will be a feature shootout between the two cousins
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks