Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2014, 13:16   #76
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Diesel & 7-Speed DSG. Black edition too

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A clarification by the 'bald guy'
Thanks for the clarification. Skoda has updated the website today to show ESC, till yesterday it was absent.

I think it is safe to assume that Hill Hold too is present, although the website still doesn't mention it
Old 26th September 2014, 13:31   #77
BHPian

Quote:

The Rapid does have ESP (Skoda calls it ESC). Guess only the Elegance trim offers it.

They're actually electrically adjustable ORVMs, not folding.
Actually in the webcast Mr. Denver said that there is something new now you can fold the mirrors with a button means electrically folding mirrors.
Old 26th September 2014, 14:22   #78
BHPian

Quote:
The Rapid does have ESP (Skoda calls it ESC). Guess only the Elegance trim offers it.
They've updated it today. There was only ABS+brake assist mentioned yesterday. Sloppy.
Quote:
They're actually electrically adjustable ORVMs, not folding.
Yeah, I took the presenter too seriously, who said "folding" instead of "adjustable".
Old 26th September 2014, 14:50   #79
BHPian

Damn Skoda again missed the opportunity to introduce the AT DSG box in its Diesel avatar.

Is it so difficult to understand the plea of urban drivers ? An auto box in Diesel is such a great combination but only a niche to higher segment cars. Cannot understand why any manufacturer doesn't pay heed to it, When Hyundai can do it, why can't other follow the trend ?
Turbo Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 14:59   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Damn Skoda again missed the opportunity to introduce the AT DSG box in its Diesel avatar.

Is it so difficult to understand the plea of urban drivers ? An auto box in Diesel is such a great combination but only a niche to higher segment cars. Cannot understand why any manufacturer doesn't pay heed to it, When Hyundai can do it, why can't other follow the trend ?

Dude they did launch a diesel dsg read the above post.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 15:00   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post

Looks like you didn't read the thread properly. Skoda did launch the Rapid TDI DSG. And that too in two variants. Both Skoda and VW realised the customer needs and launched diesel AT cars in the sub 15 lakh segment.

Here's the part which shows the Diesel DSG pricing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the Rapid are as follows:
1.6L + 5MT: Rs.7.22 - Rs.8.72 lakhs
1.6L + 6AT: Rs.9.14 - Rs.9.68 lakhs
1.5L + 5MT: Rs.8.38 - Rs.9.74 lakhs
1.5L+ 7DSG: Rs.10.34 - Rs.10.84 lakhs

Cheers
amansanc
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 15:18   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Dude they did launch a diesel dsg read the above post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Looks like you didn't read the thread properly. Skoda did launch the Rapid TDI DSG. And that too in two variants. Both Skoda and VW realised the customer needs and launched diesel AT cars in the sub 15 lakh segment.

Here's the part which shows the Diesel DSG pricing:

Cheers
amansanc
Oops my bad !
Thanks for correcting me guys, mistook 1.5L for petrol, 7 speed DSG with Diesel sounds like music to ears
Old 26th September 2014, 15:37   #83
Senior - BHPian

Am hoping Hill Hold is an included feature of DSG. If yes, Rapid sounds much more mouth watering than Vento. Thanks to key addon features of Cruise Control and Projectors.

I remember Vento Tsi and Polo Tsi deliveries were really slow. If this is due to DSG availability, won't it delay the New Vento and Rapids? Now that they have expanded the DQ 200 to many more variants.
Old 26th September 2014, 17:14   #84
Senior - BHPian

For those , like me who managed to miss the webcast , the recording of the event is available to view

Old 27th September 2014, 00:11   #85
Senior - BHPian

All of this sounds good on paper ONLY when you remove the name Skoda from the picture. I would not touch a thing which has had so many failure rates in past models. A diesel car needs to be kept for a longer time and churn out a lakh or two km before it can be sold. A 7 speed DSG even while in warranty will have a constant thought behind my mind 'Fail hoga toh how long will the car be off the road ?'. After warranty toh I ll be permanent BP patient with a company + failure rates of DSG's ka past record.

Skoda should just leave this country or fire all its management and employee people who can bring a change, real change if they ever want to sell anything in this country.

POLO TSI failure rates are not a lot because the car hardly sold anything.

Best of luck to whoever decides to buy this car. I ll Pray for Yall
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 02:05   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Rapid Diesel & 7-Speed DSG. Black edition too

I just love these Skoda/VW threads. Even before a launched car is on the road people go all out claiming it to be a failure in the future.

When they launch a manual car everyone wants the DSG. Now when they have launched the DSG, the infamous DSG issue comes up in each and every post.

I believe in India its better to stick to a deluge of chrome garnish, underpowered engines, puny tires, ICE, crazy decals, sharp edgy design lines in the name of a facelift or limited edition.

Last edited by robimahanta : 27th September 2014 at 02:13.
robimahanta is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 09:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
I just love these Skoda/VW threads. Even before a launched car is on the road people go all out claiming it to be a failure in the future.

When they launch a manual car everyone wants the DSG. Now when they have launched the DSG, the infamous DSG issue comes up in each and every post.

I believe in India its better to stick to a deluge of chrome garnish, underpowered engines, puny tires, ICE, crazy decals, sharp edgy design lines in the name of a facelift or limited edition.
Well not really. I think on the contrary in India launch a car with a 3-pot motor and 75 ponies cramped interiors and give it a German badge it will sell even if the diesel sounds like a tractor (spelt original Polo).

Then 5 years later, change the bumber, change the fog lamps, put silver inserts on interiors and call it a all new car. Add to that not launching global facelift's in India. Outsourcing Indian facelifts to Mahindra engineering (in case of Rapid) and keep launching the same car with different engines with black alloys or decals or tablets or phablets to clear stocks and call them Koneckt or Dis- Connect!

Finally launch a car in India with 105 bhp on tap which weighs more then a ton and does 0-100 in 10.5 seconds and give it a GT badge to give a false sense of power. Launch it with a DSG box that they have recalled the world over but no recall done in India.....No acknowledgement of its un-reliability.

And to that expensive and "horrible" post sales experience in numerous Skoda and VW Passat/Jetta threads. Not exactly confidence inspiring is it?

By this benchmark, since Amaze diesel is lighter and has more power, why not call Amaze a GTi or Amaze VRs... what say?

If anything MUL & Honda have launched new cars in India in the new City and Ciaz. Unlike VW who is selling like 5 different cars based on Polo with different configurations.

Thanks but no thanks!

Last edited by aseem : 27th September 2014 at 09:39.
aseem is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 10:17   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post

No, we rather wait for them to recall the DSG's all over the world and forget about India which has the most tedious driving cycle with constant up and down shifts. We are supposed to wait till the DSG fails and we wait for their arrogant service stations to tell you that it will take ages till they order the parts.

And why would the DSG issue not be mentioned in every car they launched? Why should the pathetic after sales service and expensive parts not bShahenshah
e mentioned ?

In India its better to stick to things that 'work' in India. A 2 lakh kilometer run DSG car in Europe where in people travel on open highways and do 80 and 100 miles a day in those conditions is no proof that in Indian conditions I ll work the same. heck there are threads in which petrol superb owners have been asked by the parent company to USE 95 RON in their cars or there will be engine damage. Baba, what is Skoda ? Shahenshah ? U can't get your cars right, nor after sales service right, nor the attitude and nor the price of parts? And u want people to praise the product in 'German build' quality which is not even fail safe. Nonsense.

Whatever you mentioned about puny tyres and this and that and all that, atleast that has a history of lasting lakhs of kilometers, what about Skoda ?

Like I said in my last post, I will pray for anyone who touches all these products with their hard earned money. There are enough threads here to keep most people away for a lifetime from a Skoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Well not really. I think on the contrary in India launch a car with a 3-pot motor and 75 ponies cramped interiors and give it a German badge it will sell even if the diesel sounds like a tractor (spelt original Polo).

Then 5 years later, change the bumber, change the fog lamps, put silver inserts on interiors and call it a all new car. Add to that not launching global facelift's in India. Outsourcing Indian facelifts to Mahindra engineering (in case of Rapid) and keep launching the same car with different engines with black alloys or decals or tablets or phablets to clear stocks and call them Koneckt or Dis- Connect!

Finally launch a car in India with 105 bhp on tap which weighs more then a ton and does 0-100 in 10.5 seconds and give it a GT badge to give a false sense of power. Launch it with a DSG box that they have recalled the world over but no recall done in India.....No acknowledgement of its un-reliability.

And to that expensive and "horrible" post sales experience in numerous Skoda and VW Passat/Jetta threads. Not exactly confidence inspiring is it?

By this benchmark, since Amaze diesel is lighter and has more power, why not call Amaze a GTi or Amaze VRs... what say?

If anything MUL & Honda have launched new cars in India in the new City and Ciaz. Unlike VW who is selling like 5 different cars based on Polo with different configurations.

Thanks but no thanks!
Could not have been said better.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 10:49   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

The question really is whether as a car market we want a mid segment diesel with a quick shifting efficient 7 speed dual clutch gear box that was hitherto found only in big expensive cars or not. There are some that are willing to take that risk for this wonderful piece of equipment, and some that are not. That's the beauty of having choice right?

I'd rather have a car with powerful engine with a quick shifting GB and good dynamics than a car with with over the top and garish styling that delivers zero pleasure for the driver. But there are others for whom driving dynamics and pleasure have no meaning. That's why there is choice and as person who loves to drive, I am happy that the DSG gear box is making its way into mainstream cars.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 27th September 2014 at 10:50.
Santoshbhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 10:49   #90
Senior - BHPian

I believe the concerns regarding the reliability as a valid one. The proper thing for VW/Skoda to do here would be to give an extended warranty specifically for the transmission. No questions asked.

That will be the best way to answer questions about the transmission. The company's attitude right now is very cagey on this situation.

Having launched the transmission in multiple models, it is high time they answer the consumer's doubts. This will only help their perception and bring in more sales.

Considering a car myself, cant choose between the Rapid and Fiesta. Will wait for the market's response before finalising one. If only Fiesta had projector lamps in it, the dilemma would have never arisen.
SchumiFan is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks