Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 23:18   #166
BHPian

re: Proposal to ban 15 year old vehicles. EDIT: Concept paper released on page 18

Mods : Could you plz shed some light on the issue?
How is the Central Govt's decision to stay the ban of the NGT on the plying of 15+ year old vehicles going to be implemented ?
Old 18th March 2015, 12:53   #167
Senior - BHPian

re: Proposal to ban 15 year old vehicles. EDIT: Concept paper released on page 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
Mods : Could you plz shed some light on the issue?
How is the Central Govt's decision to stay the ban of the NGT on the plying of 15+ year old vehicles going to be implemented ?
Sir, i believe that team bhp mods wont really have an idea.
I think the RTO's will soon receive instructions to restart the transfers and Re registration of 15 year old vehicle's. Now that NGT has asked the government to ban 10+ Year old diesel vehicles, that means that Orders have been accepted, its just that, we might have to wait for a few weeks before RTO's resume the process.
akshay4587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 13:57   #168
BHPian

Akshay, I thought that someone among the Mods/ members might have an idea as to what ate the procedures in such cases.
I'm still hesitant to take out my beloved esteem
Old 18th March 2015, 13:59   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
Akshay, I thought that someone among the Mods/ members might have an idea as to what ate the procedures in such cases.
I'm still hesitant to take out my beloved esteem
Just because you were stopped once, does not mean that cops will harass you every time. Just take a print out of the article for now, and show it to the cops if they stop you. As such your car has a valid RC. Few of my friends are already driving their 15+ year old cars with valid RC's without any trouble.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 15:30   #170
BHPian

Hmm, perhaps I will.
Thanks, do post if you get any further news
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:43   #171
BHPian

http://m.indiatvnews.com/news/india/...ck--48525.html

Dismissed as per this article
mustangboss302 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 18:24   #172
Senior - BHPian

After the Ban on all 15+ Year old vehicles was ruled out by the government.
NGT has gone one step further

http://www.oneindia.com/india/green-...i-1708493.html

I wonder how this is going to be implemented,since all the vehicles will have a Valid registration at least until 2020.
Old 7th April 2015, 19:16   #173
BANNED

I think the bunch of activists manning these bodies are a menace to society. let them first try and fix the far bigger reasons, fuel adulteration, & TSR's and taxi's.
Old 7th April 2015, 20:22   #174
BHPian

I just can't understand why the NGT is ignorant on the fact that the major cause of pollution is not the private vehicles. I just can't figure out why they don't catch the trucks that do the damage in the night and run away beyond the reach of the police and let Delhi suffer?
Old 7th April 2015, 21:44   #175
Senior - BHPian

NGT bans all diesel vehicles over 10 yrs old in Delhi and adjoining cities:
HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
| Updated: Apr 07, 2015 17:00 IST

The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Tuesday banned all diesel vehicles over ten years old in Delhi and adjoining cities.

All vehicles entering Delhi will be checked at borders for pollution, weight and age from Wednesday. Local commissioners appointed by the tribunal will conduct surprise checks.

The NGT had, on November 26, ordered all vehicles more than 15 years old, off Delhi streets to clean up the capital’s air, found the world’s most toxic by the WHO.

The NGT has now sought from Delhi, Haryana and UP, lists of diesel vehicles over 10 years old and petrol ones over 15 yrs old in Delhi.

These two bans apply to both private and commercial vehicles. The tribunal will next hear the matter on April 10.

The tribunal has also sought original files, and notings from Delhi, UP, Haryana to see if its orders are being executed.

The NGT has also stayed some construction projects going on at various places in violation of guidelines and court orders.

Phasing out Delhi’s aging vehicles, one of the biggest contributors to the city’s toxic air, is proving difficult as records have not been updated and there is very little information to go by.

On paper, the city has more than 2.8 million vehicles that are 15 years old and need to be off the roads. But, over the last three months, only 1,110 have been seized by the traffic police.

It is not even known how many of the 2.8 million vehicles have been sold, scrapped or moved out of Delhi.

Vehicular emissions are one of the biggest contributors to air pollution in Delhi, which has the highest numbers of cars in India.

On an average, the Capital adds 1,400 cars on its roads every day.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/newdel...1-1334769.aspx
Old 7th April 2015, 22:16   #176
Senior - BHPian

I'm curious regarding the vehicles that are used by NGT officials (judicial and non-judicial) and how environment friendly they are. Have they procured electric vehicles as their official vehicles to walk the talk or do they also move around in new generation petrol/diesel cars that the government refreshes for them out of tax payer money?

Would NGT come under the purview of RTI?
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 22:28   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

i'm still not sure what weight this NGT ruling carries? With the 15 year old ruling it appears as if nobody (give or take) took any blind notice and the government had the final say/

If that is the case how can they 'enforce' rules as per a certain date as other entities can still overrule. Seems very ineffective to me.

Maybe it is clear how this all works for Indians, but as a foreigner who lived here only for three years I find it very chaotic how legislation comes about and what the formal mandate of the NGT really is. It appears to be not much, maybe Im wrong?

Thanks

Jeroen
Old 8th April 2015, 01:29   #178
BHPian

This is all so utterly confusing & chaotic.
The Central government keeps asserting that banning private vehicles just on the basis of age is incorrect & it is the maintenance of fitness which should decide whether a vehicle be allowed to ply on the roads.
The media while reporting this stand headlines that now people need not fear to run their old vehicles blah, blah.
And the NGT seems to be going beserk in a completely opposite direction in maintaining that age is the primary criteria & keeps pressurising the police to crack down & impound old vehicles?
To whom is the private vehicle owner supposed to listen?
Does the NGT ever look at the Delhi Pollution Control Committee's real time pollution graphs that clearly show pollution peaking between 1.00 am to 4.30 am when the trucks rumble thru the city, with the lowest readings in the daytime when cars run?
Can't they see what is actually causing the pollution?
SMH

Last edited by Kamal : 8th April 2015 at 01:33.
Old 8th April 2015, 06:53   #179
BHPian

some perspective from a man whose business it is to sell older cars to people.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...n_1351409.html
drsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 15:24   #180
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 14th April 2015 at 08:04.
mustangboss302 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks