Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2015, 01:04   #121
BHPian

Re: 2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
The link is not working.
Its working now. Looks like the website crashed. Could be too much access request from Team BHP members

Thai TRD version offering a lot more features than the Indian version. I bet toyota will launch this version during the next festive season as usual with at least 80 - 95 K price hike. But we may not get anything other than cosmetic updates like bumper, spoiler etc

Dual Tone Radiator Grille
Body Stripe
Dual Tone Front Bumper Spoiler
Dual Tone Rear Bumper Spoiler
Rear Roof Spoiler
TRD Sportivo Emblem
TRD Muffler Cutter

Daytime running Lamp
Black interiors with sporty red stitching
10.1 inch LED screen for rear entertainment
7 inch touch screen DVD display ( looks like the same one on Corolla Altis)
Carbon fiber treatment
18 inch alloy wheels
TRD Racing shocks
Attached Thumbnails
2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd1.jpg  

2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd2.jpg  

2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd3.jpg  

2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd4.jpg  

2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd5.jpg  

2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd6.jpg  

2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd7.jpg  

2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd8.jpg  

2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd9.jpg  

2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd10.jpg  

2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd11.jpg  

2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd12.jpg  

2015: The updated Innova and Fortuner (now with a 2.5L variant)-trd13.jpg  

LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 01:53   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Sorry but I do not agree with this. All Japanese cars are reliable but Toyota is a notch above the likes of Nissan, Honda and Suzuki.
Both Honda and Maruti Suzuki are reliable but the Toyota in comparison is bullet proof.
I think its all about Reliability Vs Safety for now. ( Except the 4x4 versions)

Toyota is cleverly using the reliability and good after sales for its sales. Since both are not much familiar to Indian customers, i think everyone just concentrating on just those aspects.

On road price for the 3.0 4x2 AT in Bangalore is 31.5 L. Safety features on this model is limited to just ABS & 2 Air bags, ( No EBD,BA & VSC) that too for a vehicle known for braking issues.

Don't you guys think an SUV with high center of gravity need more safety features than a typical sedan/ hatchback? That too in a country where most of them dont follow traffic rules !
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 11:12   #123
Senior - BHPian

The dashboard & specially the instrument cluster look really outdated & old & hence don't justify the price being asked for although the exteriors are still impressive to look at. The worst part about the refresh are the alloy wheels. Grey alloys don't go with the feel of the Fortuner.
Old 27th January 2015, 22:27   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The dashboard & specially the instrument cluster look really outdated & old & hence don't justify the price being asked for although the exteriors are still impressive to look at. The worst part about the refresh are the alloy wheels. Grey alloys don't go with the feel of the Fortuner.
To each his own but I loved the new dark-grey alloys on Fortuner. That along with Black leather look awesome in Super White color.
hondadude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 12:36   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
But space?
Lodgy has a longer wheelbase than Innova. I guess we would need to wait for the launch to see the actual space in comparison with Innova, but looks promising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
And what about Toyota's level of competence in service + no of service outlets? Rust issues? I would be wary of touching any Renault/Nissan products because of this.
I haven't visited a Renault service center, so cannot compare. But Toyota is among the best, atleast here in Bangalore.

For the personal car market - all these would matter. But I think the commercial segment will be the early adopters for the Lodgy if Renault is able to under-cut the Innova on price, while offering similar amounts of space.
Old 28th January 2015, 19:07   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
But I think the commercial segment will be the early adopters for the Lodgy if Renault is able to under-cut the Innova on price, while offering similar amounts of space.
My view is different, different after interacting with few taxi operators whom I know of.

Initial cost in purchasing an Innova is a deterrent for them, but as per them, it more than makes up in the cost up keep front. The service aspect (cost of regular service + the ease at which they get service) and reliability aspect. Here, the drivers doing duty in fleet are known to maximise fuel economy, hence they drive economically and hence apart from regular consumables, they don't require much attention.

Views at other places might be different, but reliability is a biggie + regular service cost isn't high and that service aspect almost all across is well taken care of and IMHO, these ingredients make sure, Toyota has return consumers.

Competition will be good news for all, so lets see how competition aims to tackle these winning combinations.
Old 29th January 2015, 11:15   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
To each his own but I loved the new dark-grey alloys on Fortuner. That along with Black leather look awesome in Super White color.
I agree the smoked alloys and Black interiors look awesome on the Fortuner. But as per the brochure they are offering both these only on the 3Litre 4x4 models only and not on the 2.5Litre engine variants.
Is this true? I wonder what is the reason for this approach? I absolutely hate the hideous beige interiors and that alone is enough to put off my buying decision
Hope Toyota offers Black alloys and Black interiors on the 2.5Litre TRD models as well
Old 29th January 2015, 22:51   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
I agree the smoked alloys and Black interiors look awesome on the Fortuner. But as per the brochure they are offering both these only on the 3Litre 4x4 models only and not on the 2.5Litre engine variants.
Is this true? I wonder what is the reason for this approach? I absolutely hate the hideous beige interiors and that alone is enough to put off my buying decision
Hope Toyota offers Black alloys and Black interiors on the 2.5Litre TRD models as well
You are right. They are offering Black Interiors on 3L 4x4 models. I guess it is there way of differentiating the top end models. However I thought that Dark Grey Alloys are for all models.

There are some features like EBD with Brake Assist, HID headlamps with washer and Sat Nav unit that are either available on 4x4 or in 3L models.
Old 2nd February 2015, 15:08   #129
BHPian

Looks like toyota has quitely dropped VSC from the top end trim (3.0, 4x4) as well!! The toyota website does not now show VSC as a listed security feature.

Can anyone confirm if this is really true?

http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...ification.aspx
Old 2nd February 2015, 16:15   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
Looks like toyota has quitely dropped VSC from the top end trim (3.0, 4x4) as well!! The toyota website does not now show VSC as a listed security feature.
The brochure still says its available on the 4WD models (attached below)

12 Page Brochure final 01.pdf
Old 9th February 2015, 10:53   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post

Can anyone confirm if this is really true?

http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...ification.aspx
VSC is part of 4x4 models. Got my 4x4 AT last Monday and confirmed it by turning it off for a second.
hondadude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 20:16   #132
BHPian

Now that it's official that Chevy trailblazer will make it to the market in 2015 and the new Endeavour also on the cards, maybe we can look forward to some real competition in this segment. But given the poor track record of GM when it comes to product positioning and after sales, we can only hope for the future. I only wish they would not follow the practice of de-spec'ing the product that they decide to bring in, otherwise it will be another flop.
Old 20th February 2015, 21:06   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Now that it's official that Chevy trailblazer will make it to the market in 2015 and the new Endeavour also on the cards, maybe we can look forward to some real competition in this segment.
I doubt they will really dent Fortuner's sales atleast in the beginning. The Endeavour, Captiva, Pajero were all there in the market when the Fortuner was launched. But the Toyota truck just came and swept away with all the sales and numbers.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 18:52   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I doubt they will really dent Fortuner's sales atleast in the beginning. The Endeavour, Captiva, Pajero were all there in the market when the Fortuner was launched. But the Toyota truck just came and swept away with all the sales and numbers.
I would like to disagree. Old Pajero is a decade old design and Captiva is mostly considered as a 'softroader' even the AWD. One & Only Competitor was Endeavour.

Endeavour was too common and the ride quality was not at all good. I see the same fate for Fortuner when Ford launch New Endeavour.

Below is strictly my personal opinion ! no offense to anyone

I don't understand why people are crazy about the Toyota brand even if it comes with a hefty price tag. I understand the quality & reliability factor for this brand but not the price.

If reliability & quality are the only factors for a vehicle, then i'm wondering why Toyota Prado is not selling good. Apart from the brand and reputation it has got hell lot of features too !!

How often anyone take their vehicle for off-roading ? Some comments make me feel that we are supposed to drive the SUV's to battlefield everyday !

(Some people might say "Good things comes with a price" - but how 'good' it is and i don't think we are discussing about Aston Martin / Rolls Royce)

i think it will be difficult for Toyota to keep the same pace for Fortuner sales, especially XUV face lift is around the corner and some serious competition from New Endeavour & Trailblazer in another 6 months time ( hopefully).

XUV face lift - Lets us assume price as 18L - With Electrically adjustable driver seat, Sunroof, smart entry, etc

I don't have any reason to think a potential customer will pay 12 L for brand & reliability that too for very less features for the price ?

New Endeavour - Looks , Features, ride comfort & handling (hopefully)

Trailblazer - Looks, Features, Performance, ride comfort & handling
(hopefully)

Chevrolet brand might turn someone off but Cruz is selling good and is a successful model. Competing with Toyota Corolla

So my point is even if its going to dent sales, Its indeed the Fortuner's sales !

Last edited by LionX : 23rd February 2015 at 19:12. Reason: Typo
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 19:31   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
When it first came into the market, the Fortuner was a much superior product at a comparable price point. With new launches and a new product (Trailblazer), plus the steeply rising prices, the competition for Fortuner will likely be stiffer. Or at the very least, it could be stiffer if the Chevy and Ford have their act together. May be a different ball game going forward, let's wait and see. Only thing I will say is that we can no longer take it for granted that the Fortuner is the only choice in its segment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks