Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:24   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
You beat me to it. I am surprised none of the publications are showing this off, not even tata. Does it mean its restriced to export models only?:
Interesting that even TATA are not showing this feature off. They have proved, over the years, to be pretty bad at PR / Marketing. Technology like that, probably being a first on an indigenous vehicle should be trumpeted, especially if they have to overcome the current image perceptions amongst the purchasing public. I doubt it will be limited to export models. It might be limited to higher end variants though.

I believe the LR electricals have improved quite a bit. I'm based in South Africa where Landrovers and Range Rovers sell in good numbers. Over the past few years the increase in perceived quality and reliability have boosted sales to the extent that they outsell some equivalent Toyota (Market leader) models. Case in point is the Discovery 4 vs. Prado.

I think what we are seeing finally is that some tech and imput from Jaguar / LR are tricking down to Tata and this can only be a good thing for the brand to better perceptions and compete favourably in international markets.
Manesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:32   #32
BHPian

I like the design but I feel it is a bit too similar to the Kia Sportage!

Here is a picture for reference.
scuderiamania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:49   #33
BHPian

Looks like an Aria done up by DC designs, without making it look weird or whacky like they do sometimes. This one should hit the showrooms without any toning down and we have the best looking car of the people mover class like Innova.
Old 3rd March 2015, 19:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

To me, it just looks like somebody modified the Tata Aria. Nothing new at all. Well atleast by the looks of it. I however always liked the Aria for what it is, only major sore point apart from the initial pricing was resemblance to a grown up Indica.

Would be interesting to see what is so different in this "Concept".
Old 3rd March 2015, 19:21   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

This has to be one of the best concept-showcasing companies out there! Their history of displaying desirable concepts is commendable - and goes back in time to their yellow Indica Sport concept during the early 2000s. One wishes they could convert atleast a small percentage of these concepts to reality, in their own best interests.

Last edited by theMAG : 3rd March 2015 at 21:26.
theMAG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 19:29   #36
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2015 at 12:54.
himanshusharma is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd March 2015, 19:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Exactly, this is just a facelifted aria. Though a good facelift. The headlights belong to aria and have only been given the black treatment. Look at the black piano finish on top of headlights where they meet the bonnet, looks as if the exposed area of headlights was given this treatment so as to accomodate the new clamshell styling of the bonnet.

Though I would welcome such concepts, nice styling and generous use of brushed steel rather than the Chrome inserts. Hence I would give
+1
A "real" facelift when compared to pseudo facelifts being offered by other leading manufacturers.

This is a sincere effort from TM refreshing the failed Aria. I guess if TM launches the car by this year Diwali or early 2016, they have a potential winner in hands.
Finally, a challenger to Innova?
balajisv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

If they can bring it in as is, they've probably got a winner on their hands. The platform on which this is based (Aria) was a great vehicle by itself, let down only by its odd-ball van looks and the ridiculous pricing that Tata chose to adopt.

This one looks good - not out-of-the-world, but still good and well on the 'safe' side for the intended market.

If only they didn't take 5 years to bring this thing out on to the road...
Steeroid is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:19   #39
BHPian

Don't really see anything innovative. Front looks nice, maybe if it was a little less long and had more pronounced and bold stance then it could be interesting. Right now at first instance from back side view it looked a bit like Mobillo.
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Isn't this just a Tata Aria with front and rear reskinned and plastic cladding all round to look like a SUV?

Not seeing how this can be termed as a concept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
This has to be one of the best concept-showcasing companies out there! Their history of displaying desirable concepts is commendable - and goes back in time to their yellow Indica Sport concept during the early 2000s. One wishes they could convert atleast a significant percentage of these concepts to reality, in their own best interests.
As a Indian company the Tata's are working hard and getting new things to market and we should appreciate them for the work.

Tata's are spending on these kind of Concepts more and more money for us to enjoy in future and they need to keep the good work.

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2015 at 09:38. Reason: There is absolutely NO PLACE for sarcasm or negativity on this forum
gowda79 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:23   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
As a Indian company the Tata's are working hard and getting new things to market and we should appreciate them for the work.

Tata's are spending on these kind of Concepts more and more money for us to enjoy in future and they need to keep the good work.
Can you tell me which concept from Geneva or Auto expo 2013/2014 has seen the light of day? They had shown some indica vista sports in 2012 or 2013. Aria facelift and AT transmission in 2013. Auto expo had storme expedition. Did these come to India? This Hexa concept is at best a facelift of the Aria when it comes to styling. The swooping bonnet has been flattened out to look like a SUV instead of MPV. Tata is spending on these concepts but so far it looks like future has not come since I dont see them on the road.

A real concept is something like the Nexon or the Megapixel.

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2015 at 09:40. Reason: Quoted post edited, hence removing
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:42   #42
BHPian

Well, this time its a tribute to the bees from Tata.
First time seen a name inspiring a car so much.
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tatahexasuvconceptatgenenvamotorshow2015rear.jpg

The tail lamps are hexagonal alongside the tacky hexagonal front grille. Car overall doesn't look too bad.

But honestly, this is not too great a job Tata. You can do better.
prakhar1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

This vehicle has the presence which the Aria lacked all along. It is a lot more purposeful and aggressive compared to the the MUVish looks of the Aria.

To me it looks a lot better than the XUV 500 which is a bit to fussy/ cluttered.

It can sell in good numbers if Tata Motors prices it right . I also hope they do not make us wait till eternity before they launch it.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, the original Aria was showcased as a concept at Geneva a few years before it was launched. In a way Tata repeating the same by showcasing this in there, first?
Hoping, they won't take as much time as they took the first time around!

Last edited by safari_lover : 3rd March 2015 at 21:03.
Old 3rd March 2015, 21:09   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
IIRC, the original Aria was showcased as a concept at Geneva a few years before it was launched. In a way Tata repeating the same by showcasing this in there, first?
Hoping, they won't take as much time as they took the first time around!
Yes but here's the timeline. Tata Xover concept showcased at the 2005 Geneva motor show in March.

Tata Aria based on the Xover concept launched in India on October 2010.

5 years to get the Aria from concept to Production.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks