Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy spares and parts online?
Yes – Only for routine services 45 10.39%
Yes – For routine services + replacements 338 78.06%
No 50 11.55%
Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2015, 08:04   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Would you buy Spares & Parts online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Is there anyway to order parts from FIAT India directly?
Place an order at your nearest FASS. They should be able to get it for you.

I have stopped ordering on 99rpm. I had placed an order for a timing belt cover from them, it was not in stock and had to be imported. They shipped the part after 2 months, only to see that it was broken when I received it. I just slapped on some araldite and fixed it, I could not bear of having to ship it back and wait another 2 months for the replacement to arrive.

Another instance was a coolant tank ordered for my Palio. Started developing cracks within 4-5 days of installation. I ordered the same tank OTC from the showroom, no problems at all. I couldn't argue with 99RPM about defective parts since I've already used it.

Whatever parts I need, I place an order at the Mysore Fiat showroom. If they don't have the part, they'll place an order and it takes a week to get it. There is absolutey no hassles in selling spares OTC, atleast at this workshop. If at all any part is broken, I can reject it then and there.

The 99RPM model works very well when they have the stock and you get the parts in good shape. When things go wrong, they don't do so well.
SunnyBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 08:15   #77
Senior - BHPian

The main point to consider or to note is whether you're buying from a legitimate seller, as there are lots of counterfeit floating around. This even includes control modules to ABS pumps! Trust me, I've seen them and seen sellers simply install to their customers.
Old 8th December 2015, 08:17   #78
Senior - BHPian

I buy the routine spares and consumables (oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plug, wiper blades coolant etc.) personally from Maruti Suzuki Authorized Spares OTC.

All the time, the spares have been available to me immediately. If any item is not in the stock, they take down the order and the part arrives in next 2-3 days.

I think of the cost, availability and quality of spares / services right while buying the car. Having chosen Maruti Suzuki, I am comfortable.

So no need to buy the parts online.
Old 8th December 2015, 08:22   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Place an order at your nearest FASS. They should be able to get it for you.

I have stopped ordering on 99rpm. I had placed an order for a timing belt cover from them, it was not in stock and had to be imported. They shipped the part after 2 months, only to see that it was broken when I received it. I just slapped on some araldite and fixed it, I could not bear of having to ship it back and wait another 2 months for the replacement to arrive.

Another instance was a coolant tank ordered for my Palio. Started developing cracks within 4-5 days of installation. I ordered the same tank OTC from the showroom, no problems at all. I couldn't argue with 99RPM about defective parts since I've already used it.

Whatever parts I need, I place an order at the Mysore Fiat showroom. If they don't have the part, they'll place an order and it takes a week to get it. There is absolutey no hassles in selling spares OTC, atleast at this workshop. If at all any part is broken, I can reject it then and there.

The 99RPM model works very well when they have the stock and you get the parts in good shape. When things go wrong, they don't do so well.
The FIAT dealership in my town was totally useless while it was open .It has shut down now.I have replaced the alternator bearing/ac bearing of my linea (water damage) with Tata/Maruti OEM parts as it was just a pain trying to get the FIAT guys to sell me the parts. They insisted on leaving the car at the service centre for a week while they figure things out.Never had Wiper blades in stock too. Now I wish to do a timing kit change and the ground clearance upgrade. will FIAT sell me these parts without fuss or should i expend my energy elsewhere.
Old 8th December 2015, 14:01   #80
BHPian

My recent (in Oct) experience with 99rpm:

ordered four 15" steel rims.
Initial sub-total: 4,196
"shipping and handling": 195
grand total: 4,392

I get an after the payment saying:
Quote:
Additional amount of Approx 400 Rs will be charged at the time of dispatch due to heavy weight of 4 rims. You will receive a notification with a link to pay exact amount at the time of dispatch.
I was okay with that and paid up.

Next up, it seems like they had requested FedEx to not ship on a weekend so I lost a couple of days on that.

And I didn't get an updated invoice for the additional 367 rupees I paid over a PayU link.
Old 8th December 2015, 17:12   #81
BHPian

So, 99RPM decides its in their best interest to post a clarification on their Facebook Page.

It reads as follows: (copied and pasted)
"We always welcome feedback and brickbats, it helps us improve and grow. We seek your suggestion, feedback and brickbats on how to improve our phone support.
There seems to be a post in a forum discussing how one customer didn't get satisfactory support from 99rpm telephone support. However, it looks more of personal ego/understanding issue in between than a real issue related to product/service.
In general (while not pointing any fingers), What do you think a support staff of 99rpm should do if customer on call pushes/bullies and says SHUT-UP during the call and later a threat to get him FIRED? As a policy we allow our staff to give a warning to behave and disconnect the call as last resort, is there anything largely wrong in this? Is so, please suggest us alternative.
Sometimes, impatience reflects as pushing and 100% of time, a mild reminder is sufficient to understand that staff handling customer support needs a respectful communication.
At 99rpm, we work with proud, respect our customers and seek respect. We have learned to be true and honest to our communication and stand by it in words and writing.
So far, in this case, no email to 99rpm about product complaint, we have a complaint about staff behavior which was answered.
Ideally, reviews should be done on product and services and not to settle personal scores and get few employees fired.
Yes, we might be wrong some times, sometimes details in communication could be missing, we accept them, learn and improve, That's how we become better. We thank everyone who has provided us reviews and candid suggestions."
-----------------------------------------

My response to them is as follows. I am posting the same here as well as they have displayed a tendency to delete negative reviews or unfavourable posts.
-----------------------------------------
Let me ask a simple question.

You go to buy mineral water, say Bisleri, at a shop. The shopkeeper picks up a bottle and hands over to you. You notice that the seal is broken. You ask the shopkeeper the reason for the same. Shopkeeper says “I have no idea why the seal is broken but simply trust me that the water is Bisleri. It is simply not possible that the water could be adulterated”.

In such a scenario, you would either refuse to pay the money and try your luck elsewhere or ask the shopkeeper for another bottle hoping that this is a one off.

Would you willingly drink or pay for that water knowing that the seal was broken? Perhaps, if you know the shopkeeper, or if the shopkeeper is known to personally bottle the water.

A TAMPER PROOF SEAL EXISTS TO BRIDGE THIS TRUST DEFICIT. So when a customer calls to state that both oil containers have the tamper proof seals broken and one of them has leaked, please give the customer the benefit of the doubt. If you can’t do that, ask for proof. Don’t ask the customer to trust you blindly and not ask questions. Contrary to your belief, 99RPM is NOT god’s gift to mankind and neither are you a dictatorial government.

I don’t know 99rpm.com or even the people who run it. I am not a competitor who hopes to sabotage the business. On the contrary, I am a proud owner of a Palio GTX and a Linea T-Jet who feels assured of parts availability because outfits like 99RPM.com exist. So may be try and accept that a customer could be dissatisfied.

Unfortunately, by way of ‘clarification’, 99rpm.com has demonstrated the classic ostrich mentality and has merely stated what their policy allows them to do. They have not denied the ridiculous responses they have provided on phone such as:

1. You have no option but to trust us.

2. I have already told you that the oil is genuine, if you want to argue, you may go elsewhere.

3. My job is to provide you with a response, and it is not my
concern that the response is not satisfactory to you.

4. If you are not convinced with our response, any pushing for information, asking reasons, arguments with customer care executive is a big NO and not considered nice irrespective of any other factor.

All these responses are still okay if we are negotiating (like the Bisleri example above). But when you have collected my money in advance and then insult me with such responses, then your conduct amounts to deficiency in service. So please do not think 99RPM can take my money and then go around town stating that my argument with your pathetic service is to massage my ego. I have the same 24 hours a day as you do, and I consider this a waste of my time, much less an upliftment of my ego. My issue is with a tampered product and the deplorable customer care (or the lack of it).

Also, it has been stated out of context that I threatened to get the representative fired. For those who can understand reference to context, the gist of the conversation went as follows:
---------------------------
99RPM: I have already told you that the product is genuine and that you have to simply trust us.

ME: Look, please understand that I am the consumer and having paid upfront, I am concerned that the seals are broken. I have ordered the same oil from you earlier and the seal was intact. So obviously, this is not the usual shipment practice. How can I be sure that a part or all of the synthetic oil (for which I am paying a lot per litre) has not been replaced with some mineral oil. Leakage is still understandable but tampering is not. Will you replace the product?

99RPM: You send us pictures if you like. We will take your suggestions into account but replacement will not be possible because this product is genuine.

ME: You see oil adulteration etc. happening all the time. Therefore, I am not entirely satisfied with your resolution of simply trusting us.

99RPM: If you want to argue, go elsewhere. I have to provide you with a response and whether or not it is satisfactory to you or not is not my concern.

ME: Do you realise that in any other industry/company, these kind of arrogant responses can actually get you fired? You aren’t being helpful, so can you put me through to a supervisor who can help out?

99RPM: There is no supervisor. This is the extent of the support you will receive. Even if you complain in writing, nothing will happen.”

It’s understandable to adopt a policy where a customer care exec can disconnect the call if the conversation is not pleasant for them. But to first provoke a customer by such ridiculous responses and then warning the customer that the call will be disconnected simply citing that their policy allowed them to, is nonsense.

And since you welcome constructive criticism, more appropriate responses would have been:

---“I am sorry that you received tampered products. It is our quality commitment that products are delivered in an untampered condition. We will check with our warehouse to determine how this could have occurred. In the meanwhile, I request to you kindly be patient and if possible, send us photographs. We will do our best to resolve this issue.”----

But NO, you stood behind some policy and insulted a paying customer. Therefore, I’d like you to meet my policy.

It’s called – NOT TAKING BULLSHIT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

To this they respond on facebook as follows:

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-capture.jpg

"About your personal equation with the customer service, you sort it out yourself??

Seriously?? And that too in writing?

I want whatever they are smoking!!
thedragula is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 18:05   #82
Senior - BHPian

It would be better not to keep customer support staff than keep dimwits like these who give these pathetic responses. How can he talk to a customer like this? Phrases like you don't trust us, go away and nothing will happen are not used by even roadside dhaba guys.

Talking like this to a customer is unheard of in todays times, i have also many parts for my Linea through them and never faced any issues barring once where i had to wait almost 15 days for the oil to get shipped. Tamper proof seal is broken - replace the product and this is what a good organization would do, this trust game is too funny.

Had ordered meguiars leather conditioner from amazon, bottle had a leak and amazon promptly accepted to replace the product, no questions or photos asked. They were awesome back in the states and their customer service is great here as well, learn from them 99rpm before it is too late.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 21:55   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
They insisted on leaving the car at the service centre for a week while they figure things out.Never had Wiper blades in stock too. Now I wish to do a timing kit change and the ground clearance upgrade. will FIAT sell me these parts without fuss or should i expend my energy elsewhere.
No dealer should refuse to sell any parts OTC. Their only argument will be that the part won't fit your car/no returns etc and they'll try to scare you. I usually follow the below process :

1. Get a list of parts to be replaced from the mechanic.

2. Check in 99RPM and list the part numbers needed, for your particular model. (Linea/Punto, Petrol/Diesel, 75hp/90hp). I guess 99RPM now is useful only for this.

3. Go to the Fiat ASS and buy these parts. If not in stock, ask them to place an order with Fiat. They may ask for 100% advance payment.

If they still refuse to sell parts OTC, ask to speak with their supervisor. Vecto Motors in Bangalore pulled the same trick on me when I asked for a Water Pump gasket, I asked to speak to their supervisor (whose name I knew, read about him on another forum). They immediately changed their tone and provided me the needed part.

If they still refuse, complain directly to Fiat India and CC Mangesh kodalkar (mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com). They should respond quickly.
SunnyBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 23:40   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragula View Post
So, 99RPM decides its in their best interest to post a clarification on their Facebook Page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Tamper proof seal is broken - replace the product and this is what a good organization would do, this trust game is too funny.
My reaction to reading Dragula's post was

One piece of suggestion to the guys @ 99RPM.com: Get competent staff to handle customer complaints and know how to talk to them. It is all in the talking! You either make a customer or break!

The way you handled the issue is just pathetic and not the way a customer centric company should and not that you are fully established in the country with 100% monopoly?!

Remember one thing: Customer is God!

When the customer is clearly stating that the tamper evident seal is broken then it is common sense to ask the customer to send pictures and then send a pack of oil as replacement. Rather than doing this they argue and speak of having trust when there is no need to do so in the first place!

BTW, Has someone from VAG group joined the 99rpm?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 21:11   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
When the customer is clearly stating that the tamper evident seal is broken then it is common sense to ask the customer to send pictures and then send a pack of oil as replacement. Rather than doing this they argue and speak of having trust when there is no need to do so in the first place!

BTW, Has someone from VAG group joined the 99rpm?
I have bought from them many times, really. Goods were delivered with no issues. Their customer service is nothing stellar, in fact (borderline) arrogant, in the tone they use to reply.

Practically speaking however, if the inner seal, on the spout, a plastic disk, glued to the mouth to prevent the spill is intact, the oil can be treated as usable.

With FIAT ASS, choosing not to sell OTC, with FIAT themselves washing hands off with politically correct email responses to complaints in this effect, this company was a ray of hope.

Bad mouthing will do serious harm, and just a fan following, is not a sustainable business model, unless you are selling engines too...!
Old 12th December 2015, 11:18   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Another goof up by 99 rpm. See it for yourself. The part ordered was #59064641, they have shipped #59064640. I have written to them, waiting for their response. Let's see what they have got this time around.

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-1.jpg

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-2.jpg

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-3.jpg
Old 12th December 2015, 15:28   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Another goof up by 99 rpm. See it for yourself. Let's see what they have got this time around.
Eh! These guys just won't learn from their mistakes. I am curious as to what they'll reply on your case.

They need to take a break! Go on a holiday and start afresh.
Old 13th December 2015, 10:08   #88
Senior - BHPian

Recently bought suspension parts from 99rpm. The front LHS shock was not dispatched. When called the CC mentioned about back order and it would take another 5-25 days.

I visited the Jay Vijay service center and the guy present there said that I could have bought everything from them as its in Stock.

Fortunately, 99rpm immediately initiated the refund through PayU money. Looking at this thread looks like it's better to buy things from local service center than this site.
Old 7th April 2016, 13:53   #89

Kicking myself for not reading the reviews about 99rpm here. I'd ordered a fender for my S10 on 99RPM since it showed items in stock. No word for over 48hrs and a curt reply that I will get an mail update. No mail and so a call to confirm - and I hear this from the customer exec there" I don't like the way you're asking questions" !!! :-D Of course no one else I can speak to or escalate, cancelled my order as fast as I could. I'm surprised they still make money to keep a site up and running..possibly still get an unsuspecting bakra once a while.
Old 21st June 2016, 19:23   #90

After a lot of research, I just bought:
- A pair of Bosch Clear Advantage Wipers for my Swift - ZDI from Snapdeal.
- Phillips Xtreme Vision (55/60) 130+ from Amazon
Got it for 700 for the pair. Will post a review once I get the delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks