Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2017, 19:40   #1276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post

Overall very satisfied with features on offer and excellent drive-ability as it runs like an automatic as even 5th Gear 20-25 kmph is normal with little stress.
What is the recommended upshift / downshift speeds between gears 4 & 5 ?.
20-25 for 5th gear seems a great strain on gearbox. Please stick with the recommended speed. I feel generally it will be around 40-45 KM/Hr for 4th to 5th.
Old 6th March 2017, 22:18   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
It's been a month and about 900 kms and the first service is now due. Very happy with the performance and comfort, just a point of concern - the clutch has become very soft. The pedal's biting point is at the bottom and the the top half of the travel is loose and lifeless - almost as if the clutch plates have given way.. yet the gears slot positively and there's no excess raise in the rpm (Like when the clutch is gone)
Drove the Ignis 1.2 MT at the Nexa showroom over the weekend and the TD car too had clutch issues. The pedal was really sticky at the bottom end with a very inconsistent feel. The car pulled very well till about 70 kmph with 4 of us on board but hit a wall after that. Just the rpm went up like the clutch is shot and the speedo climbed with great difficulty. The sales fellow opined it was an issue with just the demo car. Couldn't drive the AMT one as someone hit a pillar while test driving it. You should definitely get it checked during first service.

It was the first time I spent time to check the Ignis inside out and I loved the design. Only thing amiss was the cladding for the rear wheel well. Also the plastics felt fantastic. The feel from the indicator/ wiper stalks and the toggle/ steering buttons were clearly above my expectations. And as I mentioned, the K12 pulled really well till 70 kmph - the drivability was very good. Looks to be a great car for the city, too bad there is no hill hold or a torque converter.
deetjohn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 07:57   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
What is the recommended upshift / downshift speeds between gears 4 & 5 ?.
20-25 for 5th gear seems a great strain on gearbox. Please stick with the recommended speed. I feel generally it will be around 40-45 KM/Hr for 4th to 5th.
I haven't checked that to be honest as I usually use the gear shift indicator to shift gears and feel it's quite optimum. Low speed torque delivery was just a feedback . Keeps the strain away from your poor left knees in horrible traffic.
Old 7th March 2017, 23:12   #1279
BHPian

When is the official review coming in

Does anyone has an idea when Team-BHP review of Ignis will be up?

I am terribly conflicted between Ignis Diesel AT, Tiago AT and Tigor (Possibly AT) and desperately waiting for T-BHP review

Hope I will get some clear direction post its review of Diesel AT that if it's worth spending 8.7lac for a diesel Auto hatch or settle for Tiago petrol AT.
roushan84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 07:43   #1280
Distinguished - BHPian

2017 World Car Of The Year Finalists Announced.

Suzuki Ignis makes it to the top three in the WORLD URBAN CAR Category, beats Ford Ka+,Smart Fortwo Cabriolet and Toyota Prius Prime!

Following on from this shortlist announcement at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show, the winners in each category will be crowned at the New York International Auto Show on April 13 2017.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-capture.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-22.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th March 2017 at 07:53.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 08:07   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Mods, any idea when the review will be published? I remember an announcement about Feb last week. We are now in the second week of March and Baleno RS is released as well

You have your work cut out, for sure. Thank you for the one of a kind reviews as always!
SchumiFan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 10:35   #1282
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I remember an announcement about Feb last week.
We had to call for the car in Bombay as the photoshoot & review still needed additional info. Plus, there was one engine + tranny combination pending.

The review is a work-in-progress.
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 21:15   #1283
BHPian

Did my second tankful today. It gulped 26.5 ltrs and had run for 532 kms ( DTE was still showing 115 kms to go) that gives me a mileage of around 20.1 kms (all city). MFD is showing 21.1, pretty impressive I must say.

Will be taking her for a highway run tomorrow for 500+ kms.

Last edited by rahul412 : 9th March 2017 at 21:17.
rahul412 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 15:04   #1284
BHPian

Did my first highway run and really pleased with the way it performed on highway. At tripple digit speeds, there was no nervousness and it was absolutely stable.Must add that front seats are really comfortable place to be in.

Overall I drove it for 550kms and mileage I got was around 20.3 with 80% AC on, which is more or less same I get in city driving. Mileage drops significantly at speeds> 80km because of the boxy shape and aerodynamics.
rahul412 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 12:46   #1285
BHPian

Does our Forum have anyone with Alpha variant. I wanted to test connectivity with my One Plus One and found that the phone was not at all detecting the car. Is there anything setting like being detectable that i was missing.
Old 13th March 2017, 14:23   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
What is the recommended upshift / downshift speeds between gears 4 & 5 ?
The recommended upshift / downshift speed for all gears for all cars is when you FEEL its right.
ashwin489 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 14:25   #1287
Distinguished - BHPian

Ignis commands a waiting period of minimum 4 weeks, some variants go up to 12 weeks.
Quote:
the Ignis, has now run into a waiting period of up to three months, according to a Nexa dealership in Delhi. While the higher versions, Delta, Zeta and Alpha have a lesser waiting period of 4 to 8 weeks, one would have to wait up to 12 weeks or three months for the base Sigma version. This waiting period is the same for the petrol as well as diesel variants
link
Old 16th March 2017, 13:39   #1288
Distinguished - BHPian

Analysis from the Ignis buying pattern.

- ~ 10,000 units sold so far
- 12,000 bookings pending and more in the pipeline
- Delta variant (5 MT)account for 50% of bookings
- 2 out of 10 sold is an AMT
- 1.2L petrol variant account for 7 out of the 10 sold, balance opt for the diesel varaint

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th March 2017 at 13:40.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 22:35   #1289
Senior - BHPian

I am in the market for an Automatic Car, mainly a second car which would be used more by my wife and for city run abouts. I was looking at the Celerio top end AMT and then suddenly the market seems to offer many more choices if I am to make some extensions to the budget...

The Tiago AMT sits at 6.7 L On Road BLR and the Ignis Delta AT sits at 6.99 L On Road BLR. I wanted some thoughts from others on this thread in terms how would the Delta AT of the Ignis stack up against the Fully Loaded Tiago AMT?
Old 17th March 2017, 23:08   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The Tiago AMT sits at 6.7 L On Road BLR and the Ignis Delta AT sits at 6.99 L On Road BLR. I wanted some thoughts from others on this thread in terms how would the Delta AT of the Ignis stack up against the Fully Loaded Tiago AMT?
Both the cars are good, but it boils down to personal preference.

Tiago is cheaper & is more equipped. It also boasts of higher FE (ARAI - 23.4 kmpl) compared to Ignis which returns 20.x. Both have 1.2L Petrol Engines but the Ignis will score more in refinement due to its 4 cylinder setup.

Both cars are spacious & have good sized boot. Entry/Exit is easy in Tiago & the seats are also placed higher.

Test drive both thoroughly, and decide. One thing is for sure, both are very good cars, especially for city drives .
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks