Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2015, 17:51   #241
BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Base variant of Renault Kwid spied

link

Btw, booked the amazon green one last day with delivery expected by mid September as per dealer.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidbase1e1439636445795.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidbase2e1439636483621.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidbase3e1439636510689.jpg
SandyX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 19:18   #242
BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

'
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
It is an illusion all right.

The dimensions of the Kwid are --
Overall Length 3680 mm
Overall Width 1580 mm
Minimum Ground Clearance 180 mm

Just as a matter of interest Datsun Go is --
Overall Length 3785 mm
Overall Width 1635 mm
Minimum Ground Clearance 170 mm

But the K(w)id definitely looks way better IMO.
If this dimensions are true then it is really good, in a sense that the ground clearance is 180 mm. It is necessary for our roads. Though for many hatchbacks the sales executives tell that the shorter length of the car helps ride smoothly with even a ground clearance of 160 mm it does result in scratches for underbody of the car.
The higher GC can be the USP of this car.
Old 16th August 2015, 21:44   #243
BHPian

A trip with the Kwid concept.

Old 17th August 2015, 14:30   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
That indeed looks like DRL which, if true, is a new for a car in this segment.
That is a new feature in this segment which Renault is introducing - its a chrome insert inside the headlights and it is meant to give a cool accent to the car without spending on DRLs and other fancy accessories that will unnecessarily push costs up in the segment. BTW This is my first post on Team-BHP - so happy to be here!!!
car_cr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 14:51   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Good that they are adding lot of gismo's like DRL, keyless entry etc, instead of ABS/Air Bags. That's what the India customer wants ...
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 15:19   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
The panel gap looks hideous. Hope Renault rectify it before launch.
Old 17th August 2015, 16:20   #247
BHPian

That "C" shaped thing is neither DRL nor a feature. It's just a design element that might be part of their many other future lamp designs.

I don't think any brand offers ABS/airbag(s) in the advertised 3-4 lacs A-seg range. Atleast i read kinda, maybe i'm wrong. But kwid will have optional driver airbag. ABS won't naturally happen until govt steps in. Renault clearly stated they're in this for $$$.

That does not look like panel gap. It's a test mule & a part of the removed masking film seems stuck into the door gap. You can see a dark patch or shadow if you look closer. Or maybe it got a hit while testing.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 09:56   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

The Kwid is teased in the final seconds of the latest Renault TVC, hosted by Ranbir Kapoor. Music is by A.R. Rehman.

RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 14:31   #249
BHPian

I noticed this too! But it was so momentary in the advertisement, and I could not really conclude whether they actually showed Kwid!
Is this a way to stir interest in a new launch? I am just considering the way how the Teaser ads for other new launches in recent days were made. e.g. Creta
Old 19th August 2015, 11:13   #250
BHPian

The peppy new Kwid ad! #LiveForMore

With an upbeat background music and lyrics stating that “Won’t be a long way home … I am gonna live for more!” Renault promises more thrills, more adventures, more discoveries, more fun and more memories with the all new Kwid.

SandyX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 12:56   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Kwid is teased in the final seconds of the latest Renault TVC, hosted by Ranbir Kapoor. Music is by A.R. Rehman.
Cute little ad - Much like the Maruti Festival ad or the "India Comes Home in a Maruti Suzuki" ad. Only that Renault does not have much cars to show like the Maruti Suzuki. Simple and catchy tune by A. R. Rahman as well.

I think this is a nice way to give an intro to the Kwid - i.e. a small car brought to you by the company that gives you the Duster. This can probably catch more attention than a TVC for Kwid alone.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 13:32   #252
BHPian

This design deserves to be right up there competing with the i20/Swift and be sold with un-compromised structural integrity and with all bells and whistles. Also, the grill design should be transplanted to the Duster as well.
Old 19th August 2015, 17:47   #253
BHPian

Renault Kwid: behind the design

Quote:

Renault’s Kwid has to be one of the most exciting low-cost designs to come out in years. But just how did the French company manage it?

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-0_0_450_http172.17.115.18082featuresgh.jpg

By Shapur Kotwal on Aug 19, 2015

Renault is French, and so, it is different. The carmaker thinks differently, plans differently and does things differently too. So, while other manufacturers paid lip service to setting up design and styling studios in India, Renault actually set up two. The Mumbai design studio was started in 2008 and the one in Chennai, along with a full-fledged workshop, went online earlier this year.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-0_0_0_http172.17.115.18082features20150819125833_1.jpg

The Mumbai outfit’s first job was the Logan prototype, which the company produced with help from Indian designer DC. Dilip Chhabria was also quite heavily involved in the making of several other show cars for Renault and he helped with the Twizzy concepts for the Auto Expo as well. Slowly, the design team started working on larger and larger projects, like full-fledged facelifts, updates and special bits for new cars to be launched in India, like the Lodgy’s new grille.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-0_0_0_http172.17.115.18082features20150819125905_2.jpg

The Kwid, however, presented a huge challenge. This is because the project was both Indian as well as French. Most of the data collection, however, was done from here, on the ground. It had to be. Renault was keen on an immersive experience for its design team. It wanted the design staff to be drowning in the local culture and local tastes, and there was a special emphasis on what Indian customers disliked too. This is how they discovered what Indian customers really meant when they said they wanted more car for their money. And it’s also why Renault understood what Indian car buyers wanted most of all; to skip a ... ...
Continue reading @ Autocar

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st August 2015 at 15:38. Reason: Please don't copy-paste entire articles. Paste just an excerpt & provide a source link to read more. Thanks.
SandyX is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 17:36   #254
BHPian

More Kwid pics, courtesy ZigWheel!

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidreviewindiapicsimagesphotoszigwheels20082015g16_640x480-1.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidreviewindiapicsimagesphotoszigwheels20082015g01_640x480.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidreviewindiapicsimagesphotoszigwheels20082015g05_640x480.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidreviewindiapicsimagesphotoszigwheels20082015g07_640x480.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidreviewindiapicsimagesphotoszigwheels20082015g03_640x480.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidreviewindiapicsimagesphotoszigwheels20082015g08_640x480.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidreviewindiapicsimagesphotoszigwheels20082015g06_640x480.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidreviewindiapicsimagesphotoszigwheels20082015g12_640x480.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidreviewindiapicsimagesphotoszigwheels20082015g15_640x480.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidreviewindiapicsimagesphotoszigwheels20082015g10_640x480.jpg

Last edited by Zappo : 21st August 2015 at 18:44. Reason: Added the source of the pics as a prominent mention
SandyX is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 18:44   #255
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
More Kwid pics are out!
I like this new K(w)id on the block from Renault, I really do. It has all the markings of a serious segment-straddling blockbuster product! It may compete with the Alto & Eon in terms of price, but it's close to an Indica V2 in terms of dimensions. With 180+ mm of GC, decently high profile tyres and a long travel French suspension (I hope), it's ride quality would be from a segment (or even two) above. It's got enough space to very comfortably seat 4 relatively tall, well-fed adults over long journeys, and has a boot that's large enough to pack their weekend luggage. The interiors may be basic, but they don't feel cheap by any means. Clever bits such as the touchscreen navigation system (like the Duster's) and digital speedometer (like the Fluence's) give the cabin a desirable appeal.

My only concern is whether Renault have done too much cost-cutting on their youngest K(w)id. A few signs are visible - some beadings missing here & there, three lug nuts per wheel, the very ordinary choice of tyres (JK), the lack of a day-night IRVM etc. These aren't that big a deal at the promised price point and at least two of them can be fixed after purchase.

What really annoys me is those fixed, non-ELR outer seatbelts at the rear. As it is, even with inertia-reel seatbelts, I have to plead with, beg, cajole, threaten and throw a tantrum to make my rear-seat passenger(s) belt-up. With this kind of inconvenient & stupid belts that attempt to pass off as seatbelts, no effort of mine is going to convince people to wear rear seatbelts. This poses a danger not only to them, but also to the front seat occupants.

Why, Renault, why?!? How much more does it cost to put in two proper inertia-reel safety belts at the rear?

The level of success of this new K(w)id Duster is not going to be decided by the product itself, but by how frequently Renault keep adding value to it (in the form of safety features, AMT, 1000cc engine etc.), and more importantly by Renault's network spread & strength. This also holds true for the Kwid's future sibling, Datsun Redi-Go.

At the moment, neither Renault nor Datsun/Nissan have the widespread network needed to do justice to a product of the calibre of Kwid / Redi-Go. As products, both of them easily have the capability to bring in 10,000 ~ 15,000 new customers a month each for their respective makers.

Will the Kwid & Redi-Go perform to their potential in terms of sales numbers? I seriously hope they do!

Last edited by RSR : 20th August 2015 at 18:55.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks