Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2021, 14:47   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
I'm sure you'll be up to speed in no time. All you need is imagination and some physics. Hardware will help you push the limits.
How about these:-

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-dsc_0089_01.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-dsc_0097_01.jpg
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 16:55   #677
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
It seems that you're already there
Keep up the great work!
I wish I had the same colour as yours

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-90ffe4bab8b34d41857ecdd7aafe2dff.jpeg
Old 30th November 2021, 15:49   #678
BHPian

Fellow Vento Owners,
I have a 2016 1.2 TSI that has done just under 40k clicks. Even though I baby it over broken Bombay roads, its front suspension feels worse everyday. It's noisy, crashes over bad roads and expansion joints, doesn't feel plush at all and is my only gripe with an otherwise awesome car. I asked my FNG and they suggested a complete overhaul of the front suspension system including new engine and gearbox mounts.

I've thought about getting Bilstein B6s but that'll set me back by over a lakh at this point plus spoil the stance of the car, which means I'll have to get lowering springs to go with them. Is there a cheaper alternative? Should I get whatever the FNG wants me to get? OEM parts should set me back by around 50k as per them. No point showing it to VW because they'll suggest the same thing but charge even more.

I want to keep this car for a few more years and I feel like getting the suspension sorted will help with this objective.
DeKay is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 16:05   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Fellow Vento Owners,
I have a 2016 1.2 TSI that has done just under 40k clicks. Even though I baby it over broken Bombay roads, its front suspension feels worse everyday. It's noisy, crashes over bad roads and expansion joints, doesn't feel plush at all and is my only gripe with an otherwise awesome car. I asked my FNG and they suggested a complete overhaul of the front suspension system including new engine and gearbox mounts. I want to keep this car for a few more years and I feel like getting the suspension sorted will help with this objective.
Have you changed your tyres yet? That would be the first step before looking for a suspension overhaul.
Old 1st December 2021, 10:30   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
Have you changed your tyres yet? That would be the first step before looking for a suspension overhaul.
The FNG says I must change the suspension before getting new tyres. Either way, tyres won't help with the ride THAT much. I'm running on 15 inchers anyway, not 16s that come with the current Vento.
Old 1st December 2021, 13:24   #681
BHPian

Quote:
The FNG says I must change the suspension before getting new tyres. Either way, tyres won't help with the ride THAT much. I'm running on 15 inchers anyway, not 16s that come with the current Vento.
In 5+ years and considering Mumbai weather, your tyres will be rock hard by now. While the suspension for sure must have weakened over time (mine has), it would be better if you got your tyres changed first and then made a call on the suspension later on.
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 13:55   #682
BHPian

Has anyone had to replace their O2 sensor? My TSI's sensor needs replacement, I was wondering if there is a cheaper aftermarket option.
Old 6th December 2021, 17:49   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I changed my 2016 Vento's tyres from OEM apollos to Conti UC6 and they have transformed the ride to another level, earlier my car used to crash over bumps and make a lot of road noise but the UC6's have helped in that aspect.

So please do look into your tyres first before changing the suspension.

Hope this helps.
petrolhead777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 22:39   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead777 View Post
Hi,

I changed my 2016 Vento's tyres from OEM apollos to Conti UC6 and they have transformed the ride to another level, earlier my car used to crash over bumps and make a lot of road noise but the UC6's have helped in that aspect.

So please do look into your tyres first before changing the suspension.

Hope this helps.
Thanks so much! Are you on 15s or 16s?
Old 6th December 2021, 22:54   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much! Are you on 15s or 16s?
I am on 15” rims and have run about 2000kms on new UC6’s and they seem to be improving as the tyres are settling in.

Good luck with your decision and i hope the ride improves.
petrolhead777 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks